Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GTPE, Kona EV, 2023 BMW iX
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Just installed the window wind/rain deflector kit on my CaRt1.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Installed the Mach-E window wind / rain deflector kit 20210410_112111[1]

Updated with some feedback from later in the thread:

Semi transparent, and a bit darker than the window tint. Have driven pretty fast, yes they stay on. They attach to the black molding above the windows, just make sure to use the provided alcohol swabs. I like that they do not bulge away from the window. Very streamlined. One minor complaint is a bit of noise if I leave the widow down an inch at highway speeds, but goes away with the windows closed. I think I can eliminate that, though, and will post a photo of the fix if it works. Photo shows a gap right at the leading edge.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Installed the Mach-E window wind / rain deflector kit 20210415_161209-

Ford Mustang Mach-E Installed the Mach-E window wind / rain deflector kit 20210415_161950-

20210410_112111[1].jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

KMartiMan

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E, 2020 F150, 1986 Fiero, 1985 Corvette
Occupation
Product Developement
Country flag
Bruce - where did you pick up those deflectors? They look good and would be interested to pick up a set.

Jerry - LOVE the plate!!!!

OP
OP
engnrng

engnrng

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Bruce - where did you pick up those deflectors? They look good and would be interested to pick up a set.

Jerry - LOVE the plate!!!!
Kevin,
Ordered through Ford, from the dealer. The installation instructions are behind the deflectors inside the shrink wrap - invisible from the outside. Found them useful for a pretty easy install.

KMartiMan

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E, 2020 F150, 1986 Fiero, 1985 Corvette
Occupation
Product Developement
Country flag
Bruce - thank you for the insight and i'll definitely go check them out!!!

crazyfool54

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E FE GB
Country flag
Just installed the window wind/rain deflector kit on my CaRt1.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Installed the Mach-E window wind / rain deflector kit 20210410_112111[1]
I need these desperately! I had the in channel weather tech ones on my last car for 5 years. Can’t live without them, but I’ve never had ones that stick on the outside of the car.

do they feel like they are stuck on there pretty well? Are they kind of transparent or a solid Black? I can’t tell from looking at the picture on my phone. My other ones blended in perfectly with the tint of the window. I would like the same.

OP
OP
engnrng

engnrng

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I need these desperately! I had the in channel weather tech ones on my last car for 5 years. Can’t live without them, but I’ve never had ones that stick on the outside of the car.

do they feel like they are stuck on there pretty well? Are they kind of transparent or a solid Black? I can’t tell from looking at the picture on my phone. My other ones blended in perfectly with the tint of the window. I would like the same.
Semi transparent, and a bit darker than the window tint. Have driven pretty fast, yes they stay on. They attach to the black molding above the windows, just make sure to use the provided alcohol swabs. I like that they do not bulge away from the window. Very streamlined. One minor complaint is a bit of noise if I leave the widow down an inch at highway speeds, but goes away with the windows closed. I think I can eliminate that, though, and will post a photo of the fix if it works. Photo shows a gap right at the leading edge.
20210415_161209.jpg
20210415_161950.jpg

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
Never understood purpose of these wind/rain deflector's.

For me it ruins the look of the vehicle.

When you have air conditioning and heat, there is no reason to open the windows.

Dan
I had a similar question - what are these used for? I kinda like the look.

AllenXS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag

When you have air conditioning and heat, there is no reason to open the windows.

Dan
Its a Mustang - gotta drive with the windows down and stereo full blast ?

Astraea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MMe Premium AWD ER
Country flag

Dan
I have never been a huge fan of deflectors either but honestly these on the black MMe look really good! And I might consider them for sure!

Personally, I enjoy opening the windows on any vehicle at every opportunity. I enjoy the fresh air and breeze when driving through town or driving down the road. As long as it's not horribly hot or cold, or raining/snowing, and not a crazy cross wind, my windows are down when driving anything under 65mph. I also live in a small town and drive mostly by fields and scattered houses not far from the mountains, when not driving through small towns, so my fresh air is different than someone in a city or more urban area. But to each their own. ?

2021mustangdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Select RWD, grabber blue
Country flag
I have never been a huge fan of deflectors either but honestly these on the black MMe look really good! And I might consider them for sure!

Personally, I enjoy opening the windows on any vehicle at every opportunity. I enjoy the fresh air and breeze when driving through town or driving down the road. As long as it's not horribly hot or cold, or raining/snowing, and not a crazy cross wind, my windows are down when driving anything under 65mph. I also live in a small town and drive mostly by fields and scattered houses not far from the mountains, when not driving through small towns, so my fresh air is different than someone in a city or more urban area. But to each their own. ?
Yes, I can see the appeal when mostly drive by fields, not far from mountains. I have owned many Mustang convertibles but only had top down before 11am or after 7pm and the way windshield is designed, wind noise is different than what is is like in a suv with windows down. Sudbury is smaller town and once you in outside of center of city , it is nicer to drive with top down. I am one of those rare people who do not enjoy noise of engine or exhaust noise as it affects quality of sound from stereo.

Luke

First Name
Luciano
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e, Taurus
Occupation
Computer Engineer
Country flag
I never liked those, but to save on electrons going to HVAC I might consider it.
Sponsored