Installing 360 Camera option after sale?

RosarioM

First Name
Rosario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e GT
Country flag
When I ordered my ME, I didn't want the panoramic roof or Blue Cruise. What I didn't know at the time was that without one of those options, you don't get the 360 degree cameras. Anyone know if it's possible to add that? Like maybe the hardware is there and can be added by the dealer? I assume not.

Thanks!
Sponsored

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
You're missing at least 3 cameras. Anything's possible, but I would guess that it would be prohibitively expensive.

Rfehl62

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE
Occupation
Ford Sales consultant
Country flag
Everything has a part number but you would be looking at a LARGE price tag to actually pull it off. You would also have to find someone willing to do it becasue no Ford dealership would do it.

OP
OP
RosarioM

RosarioM

First Name
Rosario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e GT
Country flag
Everything has a part number but you would be looking at a LARGE price tag to actually pull it off. You would also have to find someone willing to do it becasue no Ford dealership would do it.
Thatā€™s what I figured. I wish the order page was clearer on that because I would have opted for one of the two features. I have a specific need for it but maybe I can solve the problem with mirrors in the garage. Mirrors fix everything.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Thatā€™s what I figured. I wish the order page was clearer on that because I would have opted for one of the two features. I have a specific need for it but maybe I can solve the problem with mirrors in the garage. Mirrors fix everything.
Clearer? They give you package selection for Ford Co-Pilot 360 Active 2.0 and 360-Degree Camera.

It's unfortunate that you missed it, but it's not buried. It's much more than a 360-degree camera, it's the technology behind the Co-Pilot 360 capability. To me, that's much bigger than the ability to pull into the garage.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
You could order a 2022 GT with the features you want, and you'd probably come out ahead with another tax credit.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I agree that itā€™s pretty plain that you donā€™t get the 360 cameras without the Co-Pilot 360/Active 2.0 package. Pretty crappy naming of the name of the package though. Itā€™s too similar to the Co-Pilot 360/Assist 2.0 package. I wanted the 360 cameras but could not live with a glass roof. Therefore I did not order the Active 2.0 package because it requires the panoramic roof. ā˜¹?

Motomax

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW GLI, 4Runner
Country flag
A tennis ball on a rope has was the go to solution before cameras and sensors lol.

Avelli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E91 6MT RWD, 22 MME GT
Country flag
I agree that itā€™s pretty plain that you donā€™t get the 360 cameras without the Co-Pilot 360/Active 2.0 package. Pretty crappy naming of the name of the package though. Itā€™s too similar to the Co-Pilot 360/Assist 2.0 package. I wanted the 360 cameras but could not live with a glass roof. Therefore I did not order the Active 2.0 package because it requires the panoramic roof. ā˜¹?
IIRC, the 2021 could be ordered with the solid roof and Co-Pilot 360/Active 2.0.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
IIRC, the 2021 could be ordered with the solid roof and Co-Pilot 360/Active 2.0.
Only the GT. My car is a GT-PE. Mandatory glass roof with the 360 camera option. I would have ordered it if I could have. ??

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
I have a specific need for it but maybe I can solve the problem with mirrors in the garage.
I got the 360-degree camera, and found it less than helpful for the garage - the surround view appears in a very tiny portion of the display, and with dim garage lighting (and distortion of nearby objects), I can't really see very much. The tiny surround view is adequate in broad daylight, but not useful in the garage.

On the bright side, with a little practice, a little garage cleanup, and a laser pointer to mark my spot, my parking is fine now. Hopefully the mirrors work for you.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I believe you can make the picture bigger.

tannerk89

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E P4X
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag

Ride_the_lightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR AWD
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I find it kind of useless when parking because there is no button to activate the cameras. You have to do a few clicks in the menu to get to it, unless you are extremely close to the wall. Really wish I could add a shortcut to the home screen.
Sponsored