Reaction score
Website
www.efficient2Sustainable.ca
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
EHS consultant
Country flag
I have had this happen to me 3-4 times in my first 2 weeks of ownership. I'm actually surprised how calm I took it when it first happened.

I am driving (all times on a highway) and the instrument screen goes black. What appears to be a something like a reboot is attempted a few times before it finally holds. All this time, I am trying to stay with traffic or look at my Waze to check my speed.

Anyone else experience it?

T
Sponsored

OP
OP
MUSTGLFR

MUSTGLFR

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
EHS consultant
Country flag
I have had this happen to me 3-4 times in my first 2 weeks of ownership. I'm actually surprised how calm I took it when it first happened.

I am driving (all times on a highway) and the instrument screen goes black. What appears to be a something like a reboot is attempted a few times before it finally holds. All this time, I am trying to stay with traffic or look at my Waze to check my speed.

T
UPDATE: So I have realized that when this issue has happened (now 5 times), it has happened at the same point on the same highway. It's southeast of the Toronto airport and there is nothing overhead that I can see interfering with the car. Perhaps the microwaves from the airport?

RSH

First Name
RSH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Rapid Red Premium ER
Country flag
UPDATE: So I have realized that when this issue has happened (now 5 times), it has happened at the same point on the same highway. It's southeast of the Toronto airport and there is nothing overhead that I can see interfering with the car. Perhaps the microwaves from the airport?
Haven't seen anything like that on the forum. Worth at least a call to the dealer or Ford Corporate.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag

T
Hi there, Walter. Please reach out to Ford Canada directly for assistance with this concern. Thank you! https://www.ford.ca/

OP
OP
MUSTGLFR

MUSTGLFR

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
EHS consultant
Country flag

OP
OP
MUSTGLFR

MUSTGLFR

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
EHS consultant
Country flag
Hi there, Walter. Please reach out to Ford Canada directly for assistance with this concern. Thank you! https://www.ford.ca/
Make it six times. Still waiting for a response.

Would think they would be interested in this, as I cannot imaging what would happen if auto drive was being used.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Make it six times. Still waiting for a response.

Would think they would be interested in this, as I cannot imaging what would happen if auto drive was being used.
There was reports from England and the launch was held up due to the MME losing its position in some areas. Something to do with a safety issue for the 911 systems which the government intervened in. I do not know exactly the conditions when it did lose its position and or how the car behaved when it did. Same place every time is odd and may be related? Possibly cruise this forum/net for that problem and its launch delay may provide some insight into yours? Point you to a fix that can be done at your dealers?

Responses in this forum may have no real impact or help unless they come from another owner with similar problems. I would get on my dealers service team and forget about ford.ca as that is there job to deal with Ford. They may have better contacts than your tier 1 inquiry?

MorsRedigo

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mache
Country flag
I would note, that sometimes airports do send out large bursts of radio waves / EMF etc as part of their operations. I have seen this wreak havoc with wireless and point to point systems. Maybe its some how hitting an unshielded connector or on a similar frequency. This is speculation of course.

Billy

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME built May21 Space W, MME built Dec21 Star W
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I had something happen twice. Once the first week and then today. I video it both times. First5ime I shared with dealer. Today I haven’t reported yet. today I backed out of garage. Went in to get wife. Started car backout and in a very minutes the screen went crazy. This is second time. I did have a message that accessory power was low. I will contact my dealer. Attached is a photo. Screen went blank after this but after a while it came back. Radio was ok all this time. Like I said this second time. first time in first three days. Also the front console works prefect.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Instrument Screen Goes Blank/Reboots While Driving 6CB5F2E2-FF69-44F4-A71F-3389D5DEA523

Last edited:

Billy

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME built May21 Space W, MME built Dec21 Star W
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Here what my display does then goes blank and in few miles come back as if nothinghappened.

65E05CFE-8F99-4045-8494-9709B3211D98.jpeg

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Wear a tin-foil hat and underwear as you drive through that section ?

OP
OP
MUSTGLFR

MUSTGLFR

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
EHS consultant
Country flag
Update: I have now determined that the issue occurs when I am using Waze in my android auto. When I am using Ford’s navigation app, the issue does not appear. I have notified Ford of this, but it may be a problem for Google/Waze to fix.
Sponsored