Arjan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Renault Talisman, BMW 1150GS, Harley Davidson Road King
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
I ordered my new lease car end February 2020.
With the express conformation, from Ford, that the Car would be delivered in 2020

The car being delivered in 2021, has a huge, financial downside for me (and 2.000 other Dutch customers)

We will miss a huge Tax benefit on full Electrical vehicles.

How does this work in the Netherlands?
The rule for this and next year is:

2020: 8% up to a maximum of €45,000 (22% for the amount above)
2021: 12% up to a maximum of €40,000 (22% for the amount above)

When you buy a full electric car in 2020, you will fall under the 8% “bijtelling” (added taxable salary because of the benefit of driving a company car) for the first € 45.000, the rest of the gross value of the car is at 22%.

n.b. Ford lowered the Fiscal value with € 3.000,- as compensation of missing the 2020 delivery date.

Mustang Mach-E AWD 75kWhFiscal Value8%12%22%Gross “bijtelling”Netto “bijtelling” per year (49,5%)
2020​
€ 56.165​
€ 45.000​
€ 11.165​
€ 6.056​
€ 2.998with delivery in 2020
2021​
€ 56.165​
€ 40.000​
€ 16.165​
€ 8.356​
€ 4.136expected with delivery in 2021
2021​
€ 53.165​
€ 40.000​
€ 13.165​
€ 7.696​
€ 3.810with € 3.000,- discount from Ford

With an estimated lease period of 4 years (probably more, due to the work from home mentality) I will have to pay 4 x € 804,- = € 3.216,- extra Tax.
If Ford really wanted to compensate for the missed (promised) Tax benefit, they would have had to lower the Fiscal value to € 45.700.

I understand that lowering the price with € 10.465,- is a bit much, but only lowering it with € 3.000,- is really not enough.
I’ve been to the dealer (Van Mossel), and they stated that they are not able to compensate my additional Tax cost.

I now ask Ford to be creative.

For me it does not have to be a lower price, it can also be something additional, for free.

I am thinking along the line of a bigger battery (only the SR fitted my company’s lease sum) or some other benefit for me that doesn’t cost Ford a lot of money, like FORD CO-PILOT360™

What are your thought’s on this?
Sponsored

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I ordered my new lease car end February 2020.
With the express conformation, from Ford, that the Car would be delivered in 2020

The car being delivered in 2021, has a huge, financial downside for me (and 2.000 other Dutch customers)

We will miss a huge Tax benefit on full Electrical vehicles.

How does this work in the Netherlands?
The rule for this and next year is:

2020: 8% up to a maximum of €45,000 (22% for the amount above)
2021: 12% up to a maximum of €40,000 (22% for the amount above)

When you buy a full electric car in 2020, you will fall under the 8% “bijtelling” (added taxable salary because of the benefit of driving a company car) for the first € 45.000, the rest of the gross value of the car is at 22%.

n.b. Ford lowered the Fiscal value with € 3.000,- as compensation of missing the 2020 delivery date.

Mustang Mach-E AWD 75kWhFiscal Value8%12%22%Gross “bijtelling”Netto “bijtelling” per year (49,5%)
2020​
€ 56.165​
€ 45.000​
€ 11.165​
€ 6.056​
€ 2.998with delivery in 2020
2021​
€ 56.165​
€ 40.000​
€ 16.165​
€ 8.356​
€ 4.136expected with delivery in 2021
2021​
€ 53.165​
€ 40.000​
€ 13.165​
€ 7.696​
€ 3.810with € 3.000,- discount from Ford

With an estimated lease period of 4 years (probably more, due to the work from home mentality) I will have to pay 4 x € 804,- = € 3.216,- extra Tax.
If Ford really wanted to compensate for the missed (promised) Tax benefit, they would have had to lower the Fiscal value to € 45.700.

I understand that lowering the price with € 10.465,- is a bit much, but only lowering it with € 3.000,- is really not enough.
I’ve been to the dealer (Van Mossel), and they stated that they are not able to compensate my additional Tax cost.

I now ask Ford to be creative.

For me it does not have to be a lower price, it can also be something additional, for free.

I am thinking along the line of a bigger battery (only the SR fitted my company’s lease sum) or some other benefit for me that doesn’t cost Ford a lot of money, like FORD CO-PILOT360™

How about if they throw in the Active Drive Assist OTA free when it comes out?

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Why should the Netherlands only get a price drop. If they get one then EVERYONE should. However, it is NOT Fords fault that the car has been delayed. No one could have predicted what has happened over the past 6 months or so.

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Porsche Panamera S e-Hybrid
Country flag
Not to be a jerk but just to look at it from Ford's point of view -- where does this reasoning stop?
COVID has caused production delays for most, if not all, OEMs. I can think of many scenarios where others will be affected by not getting the car as originally anticipated, such as state incentives that end in 2020, or folks that could use the US fed. tax credit in 2020 but not in 2021, others who'd planned on having this vehicle before their current lease ended, etc....
So the question is, do we really expect that Ford should compensate everyone for delayed production that wasn't of their doing?

makooy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E RWD SR Lucid Red TP+
Occupation
IT Consultant
Country flag
Well, if your “lucky” and your order is 1 of the first 2000 cars you will get a 3.000 euro discount, well. It’s not a real discount, they lower the catalog value for taxes and the private buyers get 3.000 discount.
I know this for 100% sure as I’m a private buyer and I received 3.000 discount

Woeo

First Name
Woeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Energi
Country flag
Put your big boy pants on and stop whining. The world is different than it was in February.

Ford didn’t have a crystal ball. You didn’t either, obviously. They are doing the best they can under difficult circumstances.

Your government will be taking the money you don’t want to pay. Ask your government to change your tax laws. Your leaders know what has happened in the world these past months. They could make you whole with the stroke of a pen. Much more easily than Ford could give you a free car.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Put your big boy pants on and stop whining. The world is different than it was in February.

Ford didn’t have a crystal ball. You didn’t either, obviously. They are doing the best they can under difficult circumstances.

Your government will be taking the money you don’t want to pay. Ask your government to change your tax laws. Your leaders know what has happened in the world these past months. They could make you whole with the stroke of a pen. Much more easily than Ford could give you a free car.
The other option of course is to choose a car that IS available now. Job done

Deleted member 367

Good point. Ask your gov't to adjust their thinking.

FWE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 520D Land Rover Evoque
Country flag
Main issue here is that Ford Nl asked the 2000 reservation holder to place their final order order on date x ultimately under the promise of delivery in 2020. Less than two weeks after this final order date x they announced a delay till 2021. OEPS.
People would not have placed the order if they knew this on before hand so a compensation is lawful.

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Porsche Panamera S e-Hybrid
Country flag
Main issue here is that Ford Nl asked the 2000 reservation holder to place their final order order on date x ultimately under the promise of delivery in 2020. Less than two weeks after this final order date x they announced a delay till 2021. OEPS.
People would not have placed the order if they knew this on before hand so a compensation is lawful.
Valid point, and it would seem unfair for Ford or its dealers to hold you to that order. The fair thing to do would be to give you a certain time within which to confirm that you still want the vehicle despite the delay or give you the option to cancel the order without any penalty or further obligation on your part.

makooy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E RWD SR Lucid Red TP+
Occupation
IT Consultant
Country flag
A lot of lease riders had an option in their contract that they could cancel the order at no charge when the car couldn’t delivered this year.
I know some who did and they chose Model 3 or Polestar 2 instead.

Ford NL didn’t want any more cancellations as NL ordered more then Ford NL reserved for NL.
Fors NL reserved 1200 spots in batch 1 cars and received 2000 spots in the end as other countries didn’t want to order the amount they could.

Extra tax is about 100euro a month more if delivers after 31-Dec-2020 so with the 3.000 discount on the catalog value it’s still around 60 a month more for lease riders

Rob71

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes C class
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
I am also Dutch.

And yes, it would have been nice when ford will compensate more. It will also be nice when our government will extend the tax rules for a period of time. But on the other hand. A lot of people in retail, horeca, etc. Have been much harder impacted due to Corona then a lease rider not getting his car in time. So i decided not to complain. We need to eat the corona apple all together. This is our share.

Ps. What i prefer is that Ford NL will put more pressure on the US so the first cars still will be delivered this year. Then Ford NL also can ask 1500 x 3000 = 4.5M Euro more for their first cars.

Kind regards,
Rob
Sponsored