Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E RWD SR Lucid Red TP+
Occupation
IT Consultant
Country flag
I am also Dutch.

And yes, it would have been nice when ford will compensate more. It will also be nice when our government will extend the tax rules for a period of time. But on the other hand. A lot of people in retail, horeca, etc. Have been much harder impacted due to Corona then a lease rider not getting his car in time. So i decided not to complain. We need to eat the corona apple all together. This is our share.

Ps. What i prefer is that Ford NL will put more pressure on the US so the first cars still will be delivered this year. Then Ford NL also can ask 1500 x 3000 = 4.5M Euro more for their first cars.

Kind regards,
Rob
your incorrect, 2.000 cars with 3.000 less income so 6.000.000 less income to compensate the 2.000 buyers.

Ford NL already had contact with BOVAG(d’r organisation) together with other car manufacturers but no result so far. I think that there will be no positive effect as Ford NL already did the 3.000 lower value.

i’m 100% certain that it’s 2.000 cars for batch 1.
batch 1 was 1.200 cars at first, then 1.500 cars and now the maximum 2.000 cars that was possible.
mostly sue to the fact that BE/FR/DE ordered less cars then Ford thought that would be ordered.
Sponsored

Rob71

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes C class
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
your incorrect, 2.000 cars with 3.000 less income so 6.000.000 less income to compensate the 2.000 buyers.

Ford NL already had contact with BOVAG(d’r organisation) together with other car manufacturers but no result so far. I think that there will be no positive effect as Ford NL already did the 3.000 lower value.

i’m 100% certain that it’s 2.000 cars for batch 1.
batch 1 was 1.200 cars at first, then 1.500 cars and now the maximum 2.000 cars that was possible.
mostly sue to the fact that BE/FR/DE ordered less cars then Ford thought that would be ordered.
When i orderedmy car, before Corona,, Ford confirmed that the first 1500 were committed for this year. But it might be that this number has increased in the meantime as you stated.

KR
Rob

makooy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Consultant
Country flag
When i orderedmy car, before Corona,, Ford confirmed that the first 1500 were committed for this year. But it might be that this number has increased in the meantime as you stated.

KR
Rob
that number was increased to 2.000 due to less orders in countries around us as i mentioned before.

NL and i thought it was Norway but i can be mistaken made the most orders for the Mach-E in Europe.

Luffie

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e RWD Ext.range TP+
Country flag
that number was increased to 2.000 due to less orders in countries around us as i mentioned before.

NL and i thought it was Norway but i can be mistaken made the most orders for the Mach-E in Europe.
Hoe many orders have been canceled? 500? ?

makooy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Consultant
Country flag
Hoe many orders have been canceled? 500? ?
nope. Not that many.
My dealer ( smaller one around Rottterdam) had 1 cancellation as far I was told. They had “20+“ orders they had to deliver where only a few where bought in the showroom, rest was bought online or via lease company but drivers selected them to deliver the car to the driver.

Keep an eye out on Tweakers.net Mach-E topic for more Dutch info

FWE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 520D Land Rover Evoque
Country flag
If a VIN is allocated to a car, Ford NL could register the car already, despite the fact that it is not yet delivered. So if the 1500-2000 NL cars receive a VIN in 2020 (so if they are scheduled for early production), we might still benefit from the current tax rules if Ford is registering them. Logisitics and delivery can happen in 2021. Moving first job to september could help us in this case, however I think that chance the 2020 tax regime being applicable for the first NL batch is very low unfortunately. But, you never know :) .

Marcel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Woodworker
Not happy with the offered solution, you are free to choose a different car.

For now there are not a lot available, Ford isn't the only one with timeframe problems....

makooy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Consultant
Country flag
If a VIN is allocated to a car, Ford NL could register the car already, despite the fact that it is not yet delivered. So if the 1500-2000 NL cars receive a VIN in 2020 (so if they are scheduled for early production), we might still benefit from the current tax rules if Ford is registering them. Logisitics and delivery can happen in 2021. Moving first job to september could help us in this case, however I think that chance the 2020 tax regime being applicable for the first NL batch is very low unfortunately. But, you never know :) .
Already checked if that's possible but it isn't.
Car's should be on NL soil when they are registered, on the boat or in storage at factory isn't allowed.
Check the stories about the Tesla 3 deliveries last december, on a field in the port of IJmuiden where riders had to pickup their car theirselfs so the complete process was speeded up a few days.

OP
OP
Adrianus

Adrianus

First Name
Arjan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Renault Talisman, BMW 1150GS, Harley Davidson Road King
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Not happy with the offered solution, you are free to choose a different car.

For now there are not a lot available, Ford isn't the only one with timeframe problems....
End of february I saw the problems already come, China had closed down big parts of its industry, Italy was closing down.

This is why I asked for a guarantee from Ford that I could recieve my new car in the fiscal year 2020.

I could cancel my order but my company currently has a lease stop....
So I hope Ford will keep his promise to me, or make good for it.

RobertP

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3
Country flag
Maybe I am the bad guy in this conversation, but there are certain circumstances (ie Covid19) that made the world 'very dishonest'. Deal with it or cancel the order - I know for sure most dealers have a waitinglist of customers that want to be in the first 2000 delivery batch for the Netherlands.

If it's all about 'bijtelling' (the government arrangement), just get another car. There are/were mulitple options with deliveries in 2020. We all knew that this was going to happen like 3 months ago, when the factory had to close.

It annoys me that this car is only of interest to a lot of people because of the government stepping in with tax benefits instead of wanting to drive a cool electric car.

Sorry to add this: what promise did Ford make you on paper and there weren't any disclaimers in the contract? btw: You really can't afford to pay a few euro's extra a month? It's really not thát much

makooy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Consultant
Country flag
Maybe I am the bad guy in this conversation, but there are certain circumstances (ie Covid19) that made the world 'very dishonest'. Deal with it or cancel the order - I know for sure most dealers have a waitinglist of customers that want to be in the first 2000 delivery batch for the Netherlands.

If it's all about 'bijtelling' (the government arrangement), just get another car. There are/were mulitple options with deliveries in 2020. We all knew that this was going to happen like 3 months ago, when the factory had to close.

It annoys me that this car is only of interest to a lot of people because of the government stepping in with tax benefits instead of wanting to drive a cool electric car.

Sorry to add this: what promise did Ford make you on paper and there weren't any disclaimers in the contract? btw: You really can't afford to pay a few euro's extra a month? It's really not thát much
I partly agree with this.
I bought the car privately as my boss wouldn't let me lease it in 2021 with the changed tax arrangements so that's also a possibility. I also need to pay a "private use"-fee to my boss of around 90euro a month so my monthly total (tax + private use part) was too much in their eyes.

Difference between delivery in 2020 or 2021 is about 100euro netto a month, with the 3k lower catalog value it's around 60euro netto a month.

hetgeleteken

First Name
Martijn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Golf Estate, Ford Mustang Mach-E AWD ER Lucid Red Tech+ reserved
Country flag
I get your point but I don’t think your expectations are very realistic

hetgeleteken

First Name
Martijn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Golf Estate, Ford Mustang Mach-E AWD ER Lucid Red Tech+ reserved
Country flag
Valid point, and it would seem unfair for Ford or its dealers to hold you to that order. The fair thing to do would be to give you a certain time within which to confirm that you still want the vehicle despite the delay or give you the option to cancel the order without any penalty or further obligation on your part.
I have been given the option by the lease company to cancel my confirmed (pre?)order but chosen to take the 3000 EUR offer and wait for the car, as I feel it’s worth it.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Why should the Netherlands only get a price drop. If they get one then EVERYONE should. However, it is NOT Fords fault that the car has been delayed. No one could have predicted what has happened over the past 6 months or so.
Agreed. If anyone should "make it right", it should be the NL government that created the tax breaks with arbitrary deadlines in the first place. How about they take some responsibility and issue a COVID extension to the deadline, which impacted all manufactures, not just Ford?

Ford should give full deposit refunds though for anyone that decides to cancel because if this.
Sponsored