Insufficient compensation for Dutch Lease Car drivers, missing 2020 delivery

FWE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 520D Land Rover Evoque
Country flag
I have the same problem as the other Dutch lease drivers.
2020 promised by Ford NL, 2021 delivery = 100 euro extra per month.

In my personal case I also got a dispute with my employer. Because the car was over budget I have a personal contribution in the lease fee of 90,00 euros. The 3000 euro discount will not only lower taxes but will also lower the monthly lease fee (confirmed by the leasing company), so you would expect also the amounth I need to pay because I'm over my budget.
However this money goes into the pocket of my employer, because by ordering my new leasecar I agreed on the personal contribution of 90 euro's.

Also, I see a lot of comments about canceling your order and order an onther car.
Canceling due to the delay is maybe allowed by Ford NL (I don't know for sure, but I think this is in the BOVAG rules), however the contract with my employer and the lease company I cannot cancel. They just don't allow me.

And to get ahead of you, moving to an other employer within the first year after delivery of my lease car will force me to buy of the contact or get a new employer to take over the contract.

Any orther Dutch people in the same situation? Any tips?

I am more or less in the same boat however apparently my employer is better. I have a small own contribution too, which based on the lease fee my employer has to pay to the lease company. My employer asked me if I wanted to continue with the order despite the fact of delivery in 2021. I could have cancelled but I do not like Tesla. Also my employer asked the lease company to make a new fee calculation as the lease company apparently has a discount of 3k. The monthly fee of my employer to the lease company is about 30 euro per month less due to the 3k discount which was also deducted from my own contribution. I think this is fair and honest.

I think I would ask your employer if indeed their fee to the lease company is reduced due to the 3k discount. Some lease comanies might be lining their own pockets?
Sponsored

makooy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E RWD SR Lucid Red TP+
Occupation
IT Consultant
Country flag
i also have an own contribution of 91 euro for each lease car i drive.
If i had chosen to lease the Mach-E then it would be:
1. bijtelling
2. certain amount on top of my lease amount(lease amount is 800, every euro above that i must pay myself)
3. own contribution
which in my case would be over 400euro netto each month.
That made me calculate if buying privately wasn't cheaper and it is.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
I think I will make a submission to Ford UK to reduce the price of my car because due to the fact I am unlikely to get delivery before March 2021, the car I was going to offer as part exchange will have lost about ÂŁ1000 in partex value and I will have to get it serviced and MOT'd. I think I know how far I will get with that. ? ?

makooy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Consultant
Country flag
I think I will make a submission to Ford UK to reduce the price of my car because due to the fact I am unlikely to get delivery before March 2021, the car I was going to offer as part exchange will have lost about ÂŁ1000 in partex value and I will have to get it serviced and MOT'd. I think I know how far I will get with that. ? ?
We also bought a different car (for my wife) and that was delayed too cause of Coronavirus. we made a deal that her current car represented a certain amount of value of the new car. That value stays the same even that we get her car 2 months later. Car dealer takes the loss of the difference upon them.

maintenance in the meanwhile is still for us as we still use the car.

FWE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

The difference is that we have concluded a signed formal order in May based on delivery in 2020 and not a reservation like you. Did Ford UK ever promiss in writing delivery in 2020 even when Covid was already there (May 2020)?

Rob71

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes C class
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
I think the best thing we can do is that all of us, instead of posting this issue on this Forum, start sending E-mails to Ford NL that they need to deliver our cars this Fiscal Year!!

It seems that Ford US starts to produce earlier then exptected. When they start producing in October and some of the first ships with cars are heading the Netherlands, then the cars must be here before 2021...
When the ships are in the harbour, we can start get our license plates... Problem solved...

Kind regards
Rob

makooy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Consultant
Country flag
I think the best thing we can do is that all of us, instead of posting this issue on this Forum, start sending E-mails to Ford NL that they need to deliver our cars this Fiscal Year!!

It seems that Ford US starts to produce earlier then exptected. When they start producing in October and some of the first ships with cars are heading the Netherlands, then the cars must be here before 2021...
When the ships are in the harbour, we can start get our license plates... Problem solved...

Kind regards
Rob
It should take about 1-2 weeks or so before the car is on board of a ship after production (Factory > Train to Veracruz, Train to Boat in Veracruz)

From Veracruz, Mexico to NL(Rotterdam)/BE(Oostbrugge) or DE (Bremerhaven) is about 6-8 weeks, then transporation to your local dealer + paperwork about 1-2 weeks.

So it takes at least between 8 and 12 weeks before you get the car after it was produced.
As Demo/Promo models are build first and they start end-of-september. my guess is that 0 are delivered to customers in NL this year.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
The difference is that we have concluded a signed formal order in May based on delivery in 2020 and not a reservation like you. Did Ford UK ever promiss in writing delivery in 2020 even when Covid was already there (May 2020)?
Surely if you had it in writing that you were going to get your cars in 2020 and you signed a contract to that effect and Ford NL KNEW that the cars where going to be delayed then you have the right to pull out of the contract and buy something else. If you don't like anything else and you want to wait then that is YOUR choice so I don't see why you should get money off.

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
*Slightly off topic*
Is there a TLDR of why so many people in NL lease instead of buy. I'm just curious.

makooy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Consultant
Country flag
*Slightly off topic*
Is there a TLDR of why so many people in NL lease instead of buy. I'm just curious.
Company lease, comes with the job.
I work in IT and it's pretty standard that you get a company lease contract/car when you work in IT.
Haven't owned a car last 8 years, always driven company lease cars.

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
Company lease, comes with the job.
I work in IT and it's pretty standard that you get a company lease contract/car when you work in IT.
Haven't owned a car last 8 years, always driven company lease cars.
So it's a job benefit?

makooy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Consultant
Country flag
So it's a job benefit?
Yes.

The "Bijtelling"(dutch) is the tax you as a employee need to pay for the fact that you can ride a company owned/lease car for more then 500km per year.
If you stay under 500km per year you don't need to pay the tax but you need a day-registration where you note what rides you did, from where to where and how much km.

It used to be cheaper for employee's to just pay the additional tax instead of buying a car privately and have a car available.
That's now changing a bit, it depens on the rules you have from your employer and what car you choose (ICE or EV)

FWE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Indeed. Almost all EV lease cars are corporate lease cars that are related to the job of an employee as a secundary labor condition

Luffie

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e RWD Ext.range TP+
Country flag
I hope Ford NL will collect already in December 2020 the VIN-numbers of our ordered cars and takes care of a 2020 NL-registration.

I don’t mind receiving the car early 2021!

makooy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Consultant
Country flag
I hope Ford NL will collect already in December 2020 the VIN-numbers of our ordered cars and takes care of a 2020 NL-registration.

I don’t mind receiving the car early 2021!
NL Registration can only be done where the cars are on NL soil.

For me personally (as i bought the car privately with 3k discount) it's best to have the car registered in 2021
- i do not receive the 3k discount when the car is delivered in 2020
- newer registration year.
Sponsored