Luffie

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e RWD Ext.range TP+
Country flag
I have been told, the car can still be in Mexico while already being registered in NL...but not sure...

Good point, for Ford NL this is only needed for the lease drivers and not for the privately bought MME's...so indeed the number of cars involved is much less!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Adrianus

Adrianus

First Name
Arjan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Renault Talisman, BMW 1150GS, Harley Davidson Road King
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
I think the best thing we can do is that all of us, instead of posting this issue on this Forum, start sending E-mails to Ford NL that they need to deliver our cars this Fiscal Year!!

It seems that Ford US starts to produce earlier then exptected. When they start producing in October and some of the first ships with cars are heading the Netherlands, then the cars must be here before 2021...
When the ships are in the harbour, we can start get our license plates... Problem solved...

Kind regards
Rob
I have emailed to Ford NL. They replied that I should go to the dealer, which I did. The dealer argued that it was a promis from Ford... From pillar to post (tranlation from dutch saying "van het kastje naar de muur").

That's why I started this discussion on the Mach E Forum

Rob71

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes C class
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
That’s also a fair argument.

Kind regards

makooy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E RWD SR Lucid Red TP+
Occupation
IT Consultant
Country flag
I have been told, the car can still be in Mexico while already being registered in NL...but not sure...

Good point, for Ford NL this is only needed for the lease drivers and not for the privately bought MME's...so indeed the number of cars involved is much less!
That isn't allowed, car should be on NL-soil for registration.
That's exactly the reason why Tesla Model 3 had a pick-up point in the port of IJmuiden, the registration was done right when they left the boat and the customer could pick it up within a week.

Simosi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Auris
Country flag
The good thing is that we have an Island pretty close to Mexico: Bonaire. It's a Dutch municipality so should count as registration in NL. After this, a nice two week cruise to my dealer, and I'll be happy to pick it up from there..... :)

OP
OP
Adrianus

Adrianus

First Name
Arjan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
The good thing is that we have an Island pretty close to Mexico: Bonaire. It's a Dutch municipality so should count as registration in NL. After this, a nice two week cruise to my dealer, and I'll be happy to pick it up from there..... :)
Great thinking outside the box.

It would save me € 3.500,- and it would als save Ford € 3.000,-

makooy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Consultant
Country flag
Takes about 4 weeks from the Dutch islands to NL itself.
I would like my car delivered in 2021 so i can get the 3000 discount :D

Simosi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Auris
Country flag
4 weeks is fine too. Yes they only have to ship the lease cars.... makes it even easier :)

Musty

First Name
Musty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mache
Country flag
Who knows the reason why the cars can’t be registered in 2020? I have asked this to ford NL as well but didn’t get a reasonable answer.

FWE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 520D Land Rover Evoque
Country flag
Who knows the reason why the cars can’t be registered in 2020? I have asked this to ford NL as well but didn’t get a reasonable answer.
The cars should physically be on Dutch ground to be registered. The quay when the car is unloaded from the ship will do. This is what Tesla did last year.
Only a VIN is not allowed and not possible.

OP
OP
Adrianus

Adrianus

First Name
Arjan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
My colleagues are currently getting their promised 2020 Polestars. I was persuaded to go for the Mach-E. Isn't fun in a Teams Call to hear those guys brag ... Hopefully Ford will come up with something else besides the € 3,000 to put them in their place next year. (or this year)....

makooy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Consultant
Country flag
My colleagues are currently getting their promised 2020 Polestars. I was persuaded to go for the Mach-E. Isn't fun in a Teams Call to hear those guys brag ... Hopefully Ford will come up with something else besides the € 3,000 to put them in their place next year. (or this year)....
Well, i bed you'd be happy when you get your Mach-E.
Did a Mach-E drive-along on the same day I drove a Polestar2 as testdrive and was quite disappointed with the Polestar 2.

RobertP

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3
Country flag
Polestar... isn't that the brand that isn't allowed in France because their logo looks too much like the DS logo?

makooy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Consultant
Country flag
Polestar... isn't that the brand that isn't allowed in France because their logo looks too much like the DS logo?
same brand who has to re-call ALL sold vehicles because they have multiple issues including one that can cause a powerdip while driving
Sponsored