Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Charger, Explorer, Chevelle, Mach E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Has anyone else had issues getting insurance for the Mach E? I have AAA for my house and cars. I picked up my Mach E yesterday and called them to have it added to my policy. They told me the car is too new and their system isn't set up for it yet. All they can do is add it as an eco-boost Mustang. ?

The price was higher than I expected (more than either of my other 2 cars..charger/explorer) and I wonder if it's because of how they are listing it. Is insurance on the Mach E usually more expensive than other cars?
Sponsored

Brutakus

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Star White Mach-E Select AWD Comfort/Tech Package
Country flag
Progressive has the MME in their system no problem. I had a Charger Scat Pack Widebody and was paying $330/month (no joke lowest quote I found) for full comp/collision and am now paying $127 on my MME for the same exact coverages on a slightly more expensive and newer car.

Not sure how that's comparing with other peoples rates (I have 1 speeding ticket on my record) but I'd be curious to see what other people are paying.

gafear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD ER
Country flag
My insurance was ~100/6months more expensive, but I went from a 2011 Tiguan to a Mach-e..

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

RedStallion

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, et al
Country flag
Has anyone else had issues getting insurance for the Mach E? I have AAA for my house and cars. I picked up my Mach E yesterday and called them to have it added to my policy. They told me the car is too new and their system isn't set up for it yet. All they can do is add it as an eco-boost Mustang. ?

The price was higher than I expected (more than either of my other 2 cars..charger/explorer) and I wonder if it's because of how they are listing it. Is insurance on the Mach E usually more expensive than other cars?
That's weird. When I was shopping for insurance, I did get a quote from AAA as well. It was through the roof, so I didn't follow up. I got the quote from their web site, so you may try it as well, incompetent agents are plenty.
The range of quotes from different companies was pretty substantial, so it makes sense to shop around. The lowest I found were from Progressive and Geico. But as far as I know it varies significantly with location.

Al-E

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
IB Premium ER/RWD Mustang Mach E '21
Occupation
Coffee
Country flag
Geico is $98 a month in CA. I got some quotes that were $350 ?

RedStallion

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, et al
Country flag
Progressive has the MME in their system no problem. I had a Charger Scat Pack Widebody and was paying $330/month (no joke lowest quote I found) for full comp/collision and am now paying $127 on my MME for the same exact coverages on a slightly more expensive and newer car.

Not sure how that's comparing with other peoples rates (I have 1 speeding ticket on my record) but I'd be curious to see what other people are paying.
It's pretty impossible to make fair comparison for any two people because of so many variables. In my case Progressive's offer was about $1300 for 6 months for two cars (with purchasing home ins), and Geico was about $100 less. But then you also need to look at home insurance rates, what's covered, etc. so final coverage and price can vary significantly.

RonOinAZ

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 DMG Premium 4X
Country flag
Did AAA tell you that the Mach-E will be insurable once it's added to their system? I'm with The Hartford and found that they will insure the Mach-E but my premium will increase about 40% per year when I replace one of the two vehicles on the policy with a Mach-E. The increase is almost entirely on the Comprehensive and Collision lines of coverage. BEVs are expensive to repair. I wanted to know what The Hartford would charge to insure the Model Y as well but it turns out they don't insure Teslas at all.

alexgorod

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Job 2 MME Premium SR AWD (21 CR-V - wife's)
Occupation
DBA
Country flag
I asked my AAA agent for a quote about 3 weeks ago and it was, to my big surprise, about $10 a month less than new CR-V.

Quote shows it as "Vehicle: 2021 FORD TRUCK MUSTANG MACH-E ELECTRIC 4"

OP
OP
New2EV

New2EV

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Did AAA tell you that the Mach-E will be insurable once it's added to their system? I'm with The Hartford and found that they will insure the Mach-E but my premium will increase about 40% per year when I replace one of the two vehicles on the policy with a Mach-E. The increase is almost entirely on the Comprehensive and Collision lines of coverage. BEVs are expensive to repair. I wanted to know what The Hartford would charge to insure the Model Y as well but it turns out they don't insure Teslas at all.
They are insuring it, but as a eco-boost Mustang. Not sure what kind of issues that could cause down the road.

deadduck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No
Country flag
In California, or another state? I got a quote from AAA months ago. It was about $100 more than I'm paying now.

OP
OP
New2EV

New2EV

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I asked my AAA agent for a quote about 3 weeks ago and it was, to my big surprise, about $10 a month less than new CR-V.

Thanks, I just checked their online quote system and you're right, it's under Ford Truck.....I wonder if the agent looked there or not. I'll call them tomorrow and see. Thanks for the help!

OP
OP
New2EV

New2EV

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
In California, or another state? I got a quote from AAA months ago. It was about $100 more than I'm paying now.
I'm in Florida. Their quote is about $300 a year more than my explorer sport. But I'm really concerned about what happens if I get in a wreck and they only value it as an eco-boost Mustang.

upkingpin

First Name
scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13 mustang, 21 f150, 21 mach e fe
Occupation
railroad
Country flag
I'm in la county, took AAA three weeks to ad mine, was more to insure than I expected as they consider it a premium vehicle, but my F150 dropped 500 a year.

mdolan92869

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-e (Had '83 GT, '89 GT Ragtop, '13 GT)
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer
Country flag

That's how Farmer's is listing mine, as a truck. Didn't know I was getting a CyberTruck when I bought it. :p
Sponsored