Zule
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' Job1 P4X MME, 22' MYP
Occupation
Implementation Engineer
Country flag
While there are way way too many variables to compare this like you want, my data point is moving from a 2019 BMW X3 M40i to the MME was a $10 a month increase. about what I'd expect being 2 years newer. That's not to say 50% of MME's don't go up in flames in 2 years and insurance on them skyrockets... But TODAY, they are pretty reasonable and normal when compared to Tesla's and the insane rates they are getting. My rate on a Tesla model Y would have gone up $100 a month.
Sponsored

Timelessblur

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E AWD Premium Extend Range RR
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
For me
AllState
Married Male, Age 39, Clean history, no tickets
$500 detectible.

Cost: $490ish every 6 months so a little under 1k a year. Mind you I do have multi car discount and multi policy discounts applied I have 2 cars and my home is insured with them as well.

I think my rates went up a little from my Honda Crosstour but I think that is because I had to carry a little more coverage and I have a loan on the Mach E and by a little I mean less than 50 a year.

Luke

First Name
Luciano
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e, Taurus
Occupation
Computer Engineer
Country flag
Anual price for mine at All State is $1,400. With $1,000 deductible. This is the second car and I also have home insurance.

OH2AZ2OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4X
Country flag
My insurance went up about $300/yr going from a 2011 CTS to a Premium. The Caddy was kind of high to insure - more than our 2017 Acadia, but not outrageously so. As others have said, insurance rates are highly variable depending on age, driving history, location, etc. If you've been with the same insurance company for more than 2-3 years, then you should take this opportunity to cross shop. Insurance companies know that people don't price compare on insurance very often and will tack on price increases to long term customers (loyalty tax).

Unless you have USAA, then just stick with them.

Jim_I

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium X-R Batt RWD Carbonized Gray
Country flag
Premium - XR - RWD
We are both 68 years old.
Good driving records
Only item insured with Progressive
$750 deductible
SE Florida - Rates are crazy here compared to NE Ohio....
$1479 per year with Progressive I had other quotes as high as $2500 / yr

Have to use the snapshot app on the phone, which I think is not optimized for EV's. I use one pedal driving and it keeps dinging me for "hard braking", which is just not the case. I have complained to Progressive about it, but nothing changed.....

Rt1AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CARt1 AWD
Country flag
What are the Mach-E insurance premiums compare to other brand new vehicles? Did anybody research this issue?

Frankie

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MUSTANG MACH-E GTPE
Country flag
The only car I checked against was a Model Y and the Ford was $20 a month cheaper.

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
What are the Mach-E insurance premiums compare to other brand new vehicles? Did anybody research this issue?
I can tell you that the comprehensive rate was about $3 more per month than my 2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD Advance, but the collision rate tripled. Acura’s was $22/mo, and the MME went to $65/mo.

Rt1AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CARt1 AWD
Country flag
So basically it is around the same rate as any premium brand car of similar size, right?

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
My cost went up 19% over my 2018 Fusion Energi. More costly vehicle, and newer. However, AMICA did not have the vehicle in the system back in July (who knows now), and they had to send it to HQ for pricing. When I get the next 6 month policy in late December, it will be interesting to see if the rate goes up or down. If it drops noticeably, I will ask them to redo the prior 6 month number. If it goes up, I will of course ask why.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
My GT is due to be here in the next week or so. State Farm still doesn't have the option to quote a GT online.

Has anyone gotten a quote of a Premium and a GT? Just curious if you saw any differences between the two.

Rt1AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CARt1 AWD
Country flag
Just called my insurance company to compare different cars. Here is the quoted amount of my 6month premium increase if I add any of the cars (2022) below

MME - $765
Tesla Y - $1203
Ioniq 5 - $793.30
ID.4 - $730
Leaf - $831.70

So Tesla is significantly more expensive then any other option indeed

What is absolutely stunning is that Mustang is cheaper then Leaf ?
So I guess the choice is clear :cool:

Falcon73

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC40 P8 Recharge, Considering Mach-E
Occupation
Insurance Broker
Country flag
Just called my insurance company to compare different cars. Here is the quoted amount of my 6month premium increase if I add any of the cars (2022) below

MME - $765
Tesla Y - $1203
Ioniq 5 - $793.30
ID.4 - $730
Leaf - $831.70

So Tesla is significantly more expensive then any other option indeed

What is absolutely stunning is that Mustang is cheaper then Leaf ?
So I guess the choice is clear :cool:
These premiums seem low (as in I wish I paid this little), but good to know the comparisons. What liability limits are on these quotes? And yeah, Leaf? What the...

Rt1AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CARt1 AWD
Country flag
These premiums seem low (as in I wish I paid this little), but good to know the comparisons. What liability limits are on these quotes? And yeah, Leaf? What the...
liability is 100/300/100
As for Leaf - the customer support rep had also same reaction when she saw that number compared to others...... It's good I did that all at once..... otherwise nobody would even notice such a weirdness

JohnC

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Just received my GT this past Friday. Went to insure it with my insurer (Amica) and they couldn't even decipher the VIN. The rep said they'd have to submit a photo of the VIN to their VIN research department to determine what kind of vehicle it is, how to insure it, etc.
Sponsored