AndrewY

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GT
Country flag
Have any of you had problems with getting insurance quotes for your MME? I am considering two different EVs as my next car, and as part of my "pros and cons" list, I wanted to compare insurance rates. When calling Allstate, they had "Ford Mustang" with a bunch of different trims -- Fastback, Shelby, Mach-1, etc -- but couldn't find "Mach-e". Similarly when calling Farmers, they only found "Mustang", not "Mustang Mach-e". All of the online car sites that I've seen that have dropdown options, list the MME as "Ford" / "Mustang Mach-e", with "Ford" / "Mustang" as a separate model, therefore I presume that the agent is not entering the correct information, and I'm not getting an accurate quote. Farmers also had trouble finding Kia EV6, but after asking me several times if I was sure I had the right model name, eventually got it.

Has anyone here had similar problems? What insurance companies are EV friendly? Are MME insurance rates similar to ICE Mustang insurance rates? Are rates on MME, EV6, MY, ID4, XC40, and any/all similarly sized & priced EV crossovers comparable to each other?
Sponsored

Lynsey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT - Star White
Country flag
I use CIG here in California. I have had it for at least 15 years. Never had a problem. I don't have any tickets or anything, and don't drive a lot and the car is stored in a garage. I only pay $502 every 6 months. It is $27 less every 6 months than my 2020 Subaru Crosstrek phev was.

walla2

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME Prem ER AWD, 2017 Toyota Highlander
Occupation
Clergy
Country flag
Have any of you had problems with getting insurance quotes for your MME? I am considering two different EVs as my next car, and as part of my "pros and cons" list, I wanted to compare insurance rates. When calling Allstate, they had "Ford Mustang" with a bunch of different trims -- Fastback, Shelby, Mach-1, etc -- but couldn't find "Mach-e". Similarly when calling Farmers, they only found "Mustang", not "Mustang Mach-e". All of the online car sites that I've seen that have dropdown options, list the MME as "Ford" / "Mustang Mach-e", with "Ford" / "Mustang" as a separate model, therefore I presume that the agent is not entering the correct information, and I'm not getting an accurate quote. Farmers also had trouble finding Kia EV6, but after asking me several times if I was sure I had the right model name, eventually got it.

Has anyone here had similar problems? What insurance companies are EV friendly? Are MME insurance rates similar to ICE Mustang insurance rates? Are rates on MME, EV6, MY, ID4, XC40, and any/all similarly sized & priced EV crossovers comparable to each other?
I'm insured with Allstate, and had no problems. So I assume you have an agent issue.

My premiums were pretty flat from my 2019 Outback. (We also have a 17 Highlander on the policy).

ChuckInFlorida

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach e
Country flag
State Farm (Florida) online quoted me about $100 more than my 2014 Lexus ($675/6 mos). They have a selection for Ford/Mach-e but all the trim options end with the word "gas". They suggest I call my agent to confirm.

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Erie insurance has the Mach-E. I’m paying $816 annually for hers and $873 annually for my GT-PE. For comparison my 2018 F-150 is $731/year. All with $100K/300K liability and a $500 deductible for collision/comp with $0 deductible glass.

Superdeg

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I have Farmers, it is definitely in their system. You may need to check with another agent or ask your agent to call underwriting for help.

cmonster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 MME GT Star White âś…
Country flag
Sounds like an agent problem. Maybe pull the VIN from a similar equipped car and have them quote that?

All Hat No Cattle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Genesis GV-80 , 2017 Edge Titanium
Country flag
Just for laughs, I ran this off the State Farm website a minute ago.

Don't get excited about the premium, I have a policy with very high liability limits and some extra coverage. So, State Farm works.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Insurance rates Capture4.JPG

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Erie insurance has the Mach-E. I’m paying $816 annually for hers and $873 annually for my GT-PE. For comparison my 2018 F-150 is $731/year. All with $100K/300K liability and a $500 deductible for collision/comp with $0 deductible glass.
That's 1/2 my rates. Michigan is second highest in country.

Caliroute1

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT
Occupation
Operations Manager
Country flag
State Farm (Florida) online quoted me about $100 more than my 2014 Lexus ($675/6 mos). They have a selection for Ford/Mach-e but all the trim options end with the word "gas". They suggest I call my agent to confirm.
Holy cow. I have a great driving record and live in Florida. My rates are insane.

ChuckInFlorida

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach e
Country flag
Holy cow. I have a great driving record and live in Florida. My rates are insane.
Been with them 32 years. But is is State Farm Mutual, not regular lines. Not even sure they are writing new business in FL. You should ask.

Timelessblur

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E AWD Premium Extend Range RR
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
I'm insured with Allstate, and had no problems. So I assume you have an agent issue.

My premiums were pretty flat from my 2019 Outback. (We also have a 17 Highlander on the policy).
Same here. My agent had zero issues finding it. Hell my rates I believe we down after the new car discount got applied. My previous car was a 2013 Honda crosstour.

JohnS1111

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E eAWD
Country flag
I called up my insurance agent before I actually went to order the Mach-E. That is because I heard horror stories that people had difficulties insuring their Teslas - hard to believe considering how many are out there. I had been told that it if there is no car history for a new car, insurance companies are careful and it is expensive. I have my car insured at Mercury and it comes out to $120 per month roughly which is the same as I paid before. The guy at Mercury told me that Teslas were initially expensive to insure because they have an aluminum frame and when it got damage it is pretty much totaled while a steel frame can be fixed. I am hardly a car expert, so I cannot tell if that is true or not.

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
That's 1/2 my rates. Michigan is second highest in country.
My agent tells me my rates may double in a couple months when my 16 year old gets his license. So then I’ll be right there with you.
Sponsored