Insurance

jh420

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium AWD SR
Hey guys, should be taking delivery next month assuming things go well, just curious to which companies in the tri state are giving out best rates for good coverage, Currently I have 2 cars insured by Geico but they want to increase my premium 50%, so far I only quoted with progressive and they are much more competitive, but I'll still have to pay more than I am paying now with Geico, let me know if there's another company you recommend I check out for the MME
Sponsored

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
Hey guys, should be taking delivery next month assuming things go well, just curious to which companies in the tri state are giving out best rates for good coverage, Currently I have 2 cars insured by Geico but they want to increase my premium 50%, so far I only quoted with progressive and they are much more competitive, but I'll still have to pay more than I am paying now with Geico, let me know if there's another company you recommend I check out for the MME
I was a GEICO customer for 30 years, and when my first kid went onto the policy, they wanted to double it. I expected something close to that, but I shopped around anyway. Nationwide ended-up giving me a policy with the same or better features than the GEICO policy at a huge savings.

Because I’d been a GEICO customer so long, they had a loyalty rep contact me and ask why I left. When I told her the pricing, she tapped away on her keyboard a while and said she couldn’t come even close, and asked “Nationwide gave you that policy?!” I said “Yup,” and she said, “I’d take it then.”

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
Hey, I switched from Geico (Home and Auto) for the same reason after being a customer for over 15 years. I have two teens which doesn't help my cause. Ended up going with Erie Insurance and the premium was only $20/mo more and MME is the car with the lowest premium of my three.

OP
OP
jh420

jh420

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I was a GEICO customer for 30 years, and when my first kid went onto the policy, they wanted to double it. I expected something close to that, but I shopped around anyway. Nationwide ended-up giving me a policy with the same or better features than the GEICO policy at a huge savings.

Because I’d been a GEICO customer so long, they had a loyalty rep contact me and ask why I left. When I told her the pricing, she tapped away on her keyboard a while and said she couldn’t come even close, and asked “Nationwide gave you that policy?!” I said “Yup,” and she said, “I’d take it then.”
how many years were you with them? Just checked nationwide, they want a thousand per yr more than progressive, no dice for me, maybe you bundled? I also have 2 married adults only on the policy who are over 30 years of age

Last edited:

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
how many years were you with them? Just checked nationwide, they want a thousand per yr more than progressive, no dice for me, maybe you bundled? I also have 2 married adults only on the policy who are over 30 years of age
Been with Nationwide about three years now. I do have a bundled home and umbrella policy, and I’ve got a bunch of the standard discounts for good student, no accidents, safe driver, group rate, etc. Two married adults and two teenage girls on the policy with four cars in total.

figmentsas

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang Eco Vert, 2021 MachE Premium ER-AWD
Country flag
I have been using State Farm for over 30 years. Have a bundle of home and 5 cars with 3 adults and a teenage son who just got his license. My MachE insurance is $610 for 6 months.

OP
OP
jh420

jh420

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have been using State Farm for over 30 years. Have a bundle of home and 5 cars with 3 adults and a teenage son who just got his license. My MachE insurance is $610 for 6 months.
great price, comprehensive and collision? whats ure deductibles

figmentsas

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang Eco Vert, 2021 MachE Premium ER-AWD
Country flag
great price, comprehensive and collision? whats ure deductibles
Yep, I have both comprehensive with full glass coverage and collision, both with $500 deductibles. I also have a bunch of discounts for multi-car, home-auto bundle, defensive driving, etc.

OP
OP
jh420

jh420

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Got several quotes, full coverage, 1 car 2017 Subaru forester, 2nd car 2021 mustang mach e

2 drivers, no accidents and both have defensive driving, married and mid 30s

1. travelers
2.progressive

I quoted almost all big companies like nationwide state farm

these were the top 2 for my case, just putting it out there for you guys just in case if it helps someone else, good luck!

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Amazingly when Geico renewed our insurance this month my premium went down by about $200. I'm assuming it's because they didn't have a specific rate back in February when I got it and now they do.

SAM

First Name
SAM
Threads
Reaction score
A little bit of a mystical kingdom, like Camelot
Vehicles
Premium MME4X Iconic Silver
Country flag
Amazingly when Geico renewed our insurance this month my premium went down by about $200. I'm assuming it's because they didn't have a specific rate back in February when I got it and now they do.
I've had NJ Manufacture's for years. They've changed their model a lot over the last few years, so I decided I would shop this time. Geico beat their quote by $350 on an annual basis ($175/6 month policy).
Sponsored