Intelligent part of ACC - disable speed adjustment

IBGroggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Extended Battery
Country flag
I love this forum. A wealth of information so maybe I'm not looking for the right thing.

Is there a way to disable just the speed control for the intelligent part of acc? So, let me explain my dilemma. Going down the highway, speed set, all is going fine. Generally I set it for a bit over posted speed but still it keeps with the traffic flow. The problem comes when the posted speed changes say from 60 to 45. No construction, just a section that is supposed to slow traffic down. So my problem is that when cruise adjusts the speed to reflect the posted amount and suddenly dropping 20 mph, it can be hazardous when it's not me doing it and worse if there is traffic behind me that isn't expecting the abrupt decrease. Generally most blow through those sections or will slow, but not that much. Hopefully I'm making sense. I like everything else about the acc, but just need to disable the option of it adjusting my speed when I have it set. Thanks for any feedback.
Sponsored

Woeo

First Name
Woeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Energi
Country flag
Select Adaptive not Intelligent. The car will follow the flow of traffic up to your set speed. When you are the first car entering a lower speed area you will not slow and will continue at your set speed until you act or come up on a slower car.

The intelligent bit adds speed sign recognition and appropriate speed adjustment.

Last edited:

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
From the Owners Manual:

1. Access the vehicle drawer on the touchscreen.
  2. Press SETTINGS.
  3. Press Driver Assistance.
  4. Press Cruise Control.
  5. Press Speed Sign Recognition.

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Intelligent part of ACC - disable speed adjustment D4BAAB16-3D52-4670-BB82-57118C28A679

You can turn off the “intelligent” part of the cruise without turning off the adaptive part of the cruise.

OP
OP

IBGroggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Extended Battery
Country flag
From the Owners Manual:

1. Access the vehicle drawer on the touchscreen.
  2. Press SETTINGS.
  3. Press Driver Assistance.
  4. Press Cruise Control.
  5. Press Speed Sign Recognition.
I guess that would be something I should have checked too (RTFM). Still learning that the manual isn't a book anymore. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Kind of feel bad that I didn't think of that. Feeling silly.
Sponsored