benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
This feature is being enabled on some Early Access cars starting today. Feature is a server side feature so no update needed to enable. We'll see how this helps with the GOM.

You've been selected within the Ford Early Access Program to try out a new feature called Intelligent Range.

Intelligent Range is a cloud-connected software feature that factors in variables like outside air temperature, speed, road topography, and HVAC use [climate control] to estimate your vehicle’s range. Once your vehicle is enrolled, Intelligent Range will get smarter with continuous use. This will allow us to optimize your range estimate.

There is nothing you need to do. The feature will be enabled on its own starting today, so there is no setting to look for or action you need to take.

Here’s some more information about Intelligent Range:

• Intelligent Range is aware of the external temperature and how your Mustang Mach-E’s HVAC system performs in any given temperature. You may see a range adjustment based on the outside temperature after starting your vehicle.
  • Intelligent Range also understands how driving speed and road grade/slope can impact the efficiency of the vehicle. If you are using Ford Navigation you may see a range adjustment after the start of a route. If a route-based update does happen, it may even impact your suggested charging stops to help you arrive comfortably at your destination.
  • If you do receive a range adjustment, it will show on your cluster shortly after either turning on the vehicle for a temperature adjustment, or shortly after starting your route if you are using Ford Navigation.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Intelligent Range now being enabled on Early Access Program Mach-E image001
Sponsored

Last edited:

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Just got this, interesting that it is server side, isn't it? That means the IPC already has the "messages" in memory?
Pretty sure they can send anything from the sync system to the IPC. It’s just what the boxes look like that are required updates I think.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
This feature is being enabled on some Early Access cars starting today. Feature is a server side feature so no update needed to enable. We'll see how this helps with the GOM.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Intelligent Range now being enabled on Early Access Program Mach-E image001
This seems really cool, and what they’ve been promising for a while.

OP
OP
benk016

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Just got this, interesting that it is server side, isn't it? That means the IPC already has the "messages" in memory?
Some features like this are probably added into the software long before they are ready to actually turn it on.

The other features I've tested in early access have been server side changes to enable as well.

Mathington

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium SR AWD
Country flag
This is interesting, does the "Server side" mean that the processing is done on their servers and requires a constant data connection?
I would think it is better to have this handled using the onboard computer.

OP
OP
benk016

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
This is interesting, does the "Server side" mean that the processing is done on their servers and requires a constant data connection?
I would think it is better to have this handled using the onboard computer.
Yes. The car is always connected to Ford's servers though.

Mathington

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium SR AWD
Country flag
Yes. The car is always connected to Ford's servers though.
It's always connected, if you have a cell connection. I have experienced issues with no connectivity in the areas I sometimes drive in. This is mostly when going through the mountains or smaller cities.

OP
OP
benk016

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
It's always connected, if you have a cell connection. I have experienced issues with no connectivity in the areas I sometimes drive in. This is mostly when going through the mountains or smaller cities.
I don't think it will need a constant connection. It sounds like it will do a calculation at startup, and maybe when you plan a route with the built in nav or suddenly crank the AC or Heat full blast.

And most likely, if it can't communicate with the servers, it just won't adjust the range. It could also be that the cloud just updates the algorithm that is used locally in the car too.

Mathington

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium SR AWD
Country flag
I don't think it will need a constant connection. It sounds like it will do a calculation at startup, and maybe when you plan a route with the built in nav or suddenly crank the AC or Heat full blast.

And most likely, if it can't communicate with the servers, it just won't adjust the range. It could also be that the cloud just updates the algorithm that is used locally in the car too.
That would be fine then, I would hate for the range estimate to disappear in the event my car loses connectivity.

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mustang Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
“If you do receive a range adjustment, it will show on your cluster shortly after either turning on the vehicle for a temperature adjustment, or shortly after starting your route if you are using Ford Navigation.”

Ford Mustang Mach-E Intelligent Range now being enabled on Early Access Program Mach-E B111FDDA-7CC8-4B7A-9384-D719888B07FA

entenna

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GT (replaced Mercedes C43 AMG)
Country flag
Just signed up for the waitlist
"You're on the cutting edge! Your vehicle does not have any new early access product(s) at the moment, but when we launch more experiences, you’ll be the first to know. You can also check back here for the latest experiences for your vehicle."

OP
OP
benk016

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Just FYI - The button to join the program in EAP is broken.

So let's see if there's really "nothing we need to do".
The feature showing active on the early access account doesn't reflect if its actually active in the car or not. The two systems aren't connected.

The feature will be fully active by the end of the day today or by mid-day tomorrow (5/20/22)

Lukeh02

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
14’ Taurus (21’ Mustang ME)
Country flag
If you car was updated by dealer, do we lose early access program? Before my 12v batt issues I was on fast track with bunch of daily updates, just wondering if I’ll move up to 2.8.x soon…
Sponsored