TheSteelRider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Premium RWD
Country flag
Since it was announced in April 2021, when 2022s didn't even exist yet, and it was announcing the feature, it was very clear to everyone that they meant the listed features would be retroactively installed.

And, I believe you can find Farley and Palmer discussing these features.
I agree whole-heartedly. We already have fantastic example of a feature that was supposed to be available when the car shipped (software controlled frunk release), and look we all received that, didn't we? Didn't we!? DIDN'T WE!!!!!!!??????

Oh wait, we didn't ... hmmmm

RockDaphne98296

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E FE, 2016 F-350 Super Duty XLT
Occupation
Commercial Aerospace Interiors
Country flag
OK, So the map search is weird, I usually drive on two interstates to get to work, but the search function will only pull the shortest distance which is on surface roads (realistically about 5 miles shorter but takes 20 mins longer than jumping on the Interstate). So, using their search results, my commute is showing 3% usability:rolleyes:

Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
I wonder if 1.2 will close the gaps. If I had to chose, I might prefer that over lane change.

Tampamike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium RWD
Country flag
I think I'll let my subscription expire... it's comical.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Interactive BlueCruise Map is finally live! 🗺️ Capture.PNG
If I were you, I’d sell. Talk about a charging desert - the few Royal Farms chargers that exist are all now broken. I used to the drive across the bridge tunnel and up the Delmarva. Now, … can’t get theyah from heyah.

DadwithaMach

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Premium RWD Ext
Occupation
Help Desk Manager
Country flag
This might have been answered already

What is wrong with corners on freeways why does it drop 🤷🏻‍♂️

KevinS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Job 1 2021 Mach-E (SR AWD)
Country flag
If I were you, I’d sell. Talk about a charging desert - the few Royal Farms chargers that exist are all now broken. I used to the drive across the bridge tunnel and up the Delmarva. Now, … can’t get theyah from heyah.
I have a Level 2 charger at home, so charging has never been an issue. I have enough range to get to one of those other places with the squiggly blue lines! But I do wish my car had better range, especially this time of year.

mikeinet

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Standard AWD Tech/Comfort
Occupation
Cyber Security, First Responder
Country flag
BlueCruise handsfree works in traffic, so no.

If construction takes away the lines on either side of the lane, or detours, like onto the other side of the freeway, handsfree stops working.
It's actually worked for me in coned construction zones...

BC “1.0” won’t adapt speed unless it’s because of a car in front of you

I’m assuming it’s a risk adversity decision to ensure the car Isn’t going to take a curve too quickly and lose control

AllenXS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag
My bet is that it will be well after @Jimrpa gets his frunk button.
[/QUOTE]

@Jimrpa is also known as @frunkenstein

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag

BCHF doesn't hold the lane in high speed corners so it wants you to drive the car for safety. It usually just drops to the hands on version. I keep my hands on the steering wheel all the time anyway since BCHF will change lanes unexpectedly. Very rare though. Not really the car's fault. The freeway markings here are confusing sometimes...

RedStormREHS

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Camry Hybrid / Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Health Inspector
Country flag
Anybody not "Resume Control" after the BC screen & audio warnings chime a couple times for the driver? Mine does a pretty narly millisecond jolt of the brakes! What happens if it decides to stop an automatic lane change mid-change? Or if the hardware/software fails as we have seen? Is there a redundant back-up system besides the driver, ha?

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Anybody not "Resume Control" after the BC screen & audio warnings chime a couple times for the driver? Mine does a pretty narly millisecond jolt of the brakes! What happens if it decides to stop an automatic lane change mid-change? Or if the hardware/software fails as we have seen? Is there a redundant back-up system besides the driver, ha?
That's by design. It will jerk you 3 times with the brakes to get your attention, then starts slowing down (gradually) in the lane to 4 MPH until you take over.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag

Ford doesn’t appear to trust the MobileEye camera tech to hold the lane on sharper curves - frankly even some fairly mild curves. It wants you to put your hands back on the wheel jusssst in case. BC is very conservative.

This might change with BC v1.2 with the addition of “predictive speed assist” - although how much that feature will slow the car down on curves is anyone’s guess.
Sponsored