First Name
Joe
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicles
Mach-E AWD ER (ETA late March)
Country flag
I'm hoping that the 'premium' model with the light colored pillar casings can easily be replaced with the darker ones that come with the 'first edition'. I am mainly frustrated with how it casts a noticeable glare onto the windshield. Does anyone have experience if these covers pop off easily to replace? I'm worried about the airbags.

The picture on the order configurator appears reasonable to me and so it didn't stick out to me upon ordering. I want the pillars to be dark. Whereas, when I look at online reviews, it is definitely much lighter than what was represented on the order page. I selected the dark interior option and therefore assumed that the interior pillars would be dark as well. I also find it odd that the mid side pillar color doesn't match the front pillars:

Pillar.PNG
Pillar Glare.PNG

The light colored headliner doesn't bother me as much, and therefore, I can live with that.

Last edited:

SteelMach

Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
They should be very easily replaceable, just clips. The airbag won't be attached to the trim, but it'll probably be behind it, so pry gently.

Tpaguy

Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E Premium ER AWD on order
Country flag
I look up the cost to change out the headliner and pillar trim and it was as much as just paying the difference between premium and first edition. The headliner alone from Ford parts.com is over $2,000. Yikes!

OP
JoeSmoeFromIDontKnow

JoeSmoeFromIDontKnow

First Name
Joe
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicles
Mach-E AWD ER (ETA late March)
Country flag
Thank you, I hope it won't cost nearly as much for just a new set of pillar covers. It's just a shame that Ford couldn't make it clear to me ahead of time what I was ordering. Some pictures showed the dark version just like on the ford tracking page for my vin https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking#/.
vin tracker image.PNG

Advertisement

Advertisement