Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
For those few of us that have a working frunk button, I have a question.
I’ve been noticing that sometimes when I get to work or get home and want to open the back hatch, if I navigate to “access” on the Jumbotron and go to pop the trunk, often the button to pop the Frunk is greyed out/ can’t be used. Maybe 4 out of 5 times. I’m stopped. The car is in park. But I can’t use the electronic open for the frunk from the big screen. Maybe 20% of the time it isn’t greyed out and tapping it opens the frunk.
So the question is, has anyone else noticed this behavior? Does anyone know why the car sometimes doesn’t want to open its big mouth? 😮
Sponsored

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
Wow, interesting! I’m curious if others have this issue. I don’t think I’ve ever opened my frunk that way haha. I always forget about it and use the pull handle or Ford Pass. Side question, when you open the frunk via Ford Pass, do you have to unlock the car first? When I attempt to open it when first getting to the car, it gives me an error that it can’t. So I have to do unlock first and then frunk open. So lame.

OP
OP
Murse-In-Airy

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Wow, interesting! I’m curious if others have this issue. I don’t think I’ve ever opened my frunk that way haha. I always forget about it and use the pull handle or Ford Pass. Side question, when you open the frunk via Ford Pass, do you have to unlock the car first? When I attempt to open it when first getting to the car, it gives me an error that it can’t. So I have to do unlock first and then frunk open. So lame.
I do not have to unlock first. It does sometimes take two attempts but I figure that’s a FordPass communication bug more than a lock/unlock bug. The second attempt always seems to work for me.

alexgorod

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Job 2 MME Premium SR AWD (21 CR-V - wife's)
Occupation
DBA
Country flag
I've noticed that the car must be "on" and in park for the button to work. If I turn it off, I either need to start it again, use the phone, or any other available methods.
Looks illogical to me, and the trunk still works with the car turned off. It is what it is.

OP
OP
Murse-In-Airy

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
I've noticed that the car must be "on" and in park for the button to work. If I turn it off, I either need to start it again, use the phone, or any other available methods.
Looks illogical to me, and the trunk still works with the car turned off. It is what it is.
Now I’m going to have to test that. Maybe I’m turning the car off and then looking at the access screen 80% of the time. If that’s the case, that is a weird logic requirement from Ford. “Car must be running to open the frunk from the screen” seems a bit counterintuitive.

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
Now I’m going to have to test that. Maybe I’m turning the car off and then looking at the access screen 80% of the time. If that’s the case, that is a weird logic requirement from Ford. “Car must be running to open the frunk from the screen” seems a bit counterintuitive.
That's what it is with me, car must be on or in ACC

Astro19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E select
Country flag
Popping the hood with an electronic screen button doesn't do it for me. I need that physical tension. Makes me feel manly as I open the frunk.

OP
OP
Murse-In-Airy

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Lmao
Need to feel manly when popping the hood to check the level of the oil and ensure there’s no air leak around the supercharger intake. Or, you know, when I need to retrieve my man bag from its safe storage location. 🤣🤣🤣

Astro19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E select
Country flag
Lmao
Need to feel manly when popping the hood to check the level of the oil and ensure there’s no air leak around the supercharger intake. Or, you know, when I need to retrieve my man bag from its safe storage location. 🤣🤣🤣
Hey, I could be changing the wiper fluid. Very extensive and manly work.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I just checked out our 2022 that we will pickup this coming week. I saw no frunk button on the Access screen, just the rear hatch button...

ponydsp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 MME Premium 4ER, Taycan CT, 650s, F8 on order
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Intermittent greyed out frunk button 422D099B-D49C-427A-BEF4-3071CD34F31D

Odd. My ‘22 came with a functional one.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Pretty sure I didn't see that. There are a few updates pending, one of which is OBDC, so perhaps that provides it.

OP
OP
Murse-In-Airy

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
I have what @ponydsp shows. And I can confirm it works only if the car is on and in park.

AlpaChino

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium eAWD Ext Range, Rapid Red
Country flag
I have what @ponydsp shows. And I can confirm it works only if the car is on and in park.
Hey there! Since a recent BCM and other module update at my dealer I'm able to electronically open my frunk with the keypad, but the new button on the inside screen is always greyed out. I also don't have the option in fordpass. Did you ever find a fix, or different behaviors since that original post here?
Sponsored