KT-PNW

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07’ Mustang, 65’ Mustang, YZF R3
Country flag
They have a mountain of information they need to release on Monday if the 24th is their goal.

benboy12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
They have a mountain of information they need to release on Monday if the 24th is their goal.
I think one of the other threads referenced additional dealer training in the 18th or 19th. I wonder if we will hear more around that time.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I wonder how long the window stays open to convert a reservation to an order before the reservation presumably expires/refunds automatically?

RyZt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E4X
Country flag
People have mentioned on this forum that order priority will be based on the time your reservation was entered into the system. Presumably, the window for initial ordering will be at least a week or two, maybe quite a bit longer than that. As a result, there's no rush to put the order in on that day. I wouldn't be surprised Ford ends up releasing the ordering information on June 24. That being said, I suppose we'll see some leaks before the official release.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
People have mentioned on this forum that order priority will be based on the time your reservation was entered into the system. Presumably, the window for initial ordering will be at least a week or two, maybe quite a bit longer than that. As a result, there's no rush to put the order in on that day. I wouldn't be surprised Ford ends up releasing the ordering information on June 24. That being said, I suppose we'll see some leaks before the official release.
Yep. For whatever meaningfulness still remains from sequencing, it would have to be tied to the reservation timing rather than the order timing. Otherwise there would have been no reason to take reservations, and it would just be "first come, first served" starting the 24th.

My guess was something like a 3-week window to convert reservation-to-order, but that's a pure guess. Needs to be long enough to be reasonable for people to act if they're on vacation or something, and have time to review and decide based on (presumably) additional info coming out about the vehicle and the process (and deal with dealerships). But also not too long so they can order the right number of parts and supplies specific to the number of trims/options order. Like for instance the necessary number of front axle AWD motors, and the necessary number of ER vs SR battery packs.

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach 3- Tempo- Malibu(3)-Actual Kia Sportage AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I have email my dealer regarding the june 22nd date here in Canada, and he was not aware of it, but he is suppose to bring the matter to their monday meeting ???? :eek:

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Porsche Panamera S e-Hybrid
Country flag
I don’t know why Some people keep saying “now that I have to convert the reservation to a pre-order before test driving the car, I’m out!”
That was never the “deal”. Pre-COVID delays what we’d heard was that the conversion to pre-orders would happen in spring (with some reports of March 10), and with test drive vehicles not available until after. With COVID, everything has slid to the right... but order conversion prior to test drives is not a new deal — it was always the case.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I know this probably won't be the case, but it would be nice if they'd stagger the order conversions according to reservation sequence. For instance, if they plan to produce something like 5000 MMEs per month, those that have a reservation sequence that places them 25,000th in line could theoretically just wait 5 months to convert their reservation to an order. And by then some reviews might be available, maybe even demos at some dealers.

That would be nice, but I'm sure it's just wishful thinking.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
I don’t know why Some people keep saying “now that I have to convert the reservation to a pre-order before test driving the car, I’m out!”
That was never the “deal”. Pre-COVID delays what we’d heard was that the conversion to pre-orders would happen in spring (with some reports of March 10), and with test drive vehicles not available until after. With COVID, everything has slid to the right... but order conversion prior to test drives is not a new deal — it was always the case.
That was my understanding also. I was always under the impression that I would have to confirm before I drove or even sat in it. I was lucky, however, that by doing a bit a detective work I managed to find out that a MME was touring certain dealers in UK so I was able to get along to one of them and see the car in the flesh and sit in it and play with seats etc. I knew instantly that I had made the right decision. I was disappointed that Ford didn't get in touch with me, as a reservation holder, to tell me about these presentations but if the car turns out to be as good as I think it will be then I'll forgive them that minor oversight

Berth48

First Name
Arnauld
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Optima hybride rechargeable. MME First Édition
Country flag
Mon concessionnaire m'a aussi confirmé une prise de commande avant fin juin. Il n'y aura pas d'acompte à verser, juste pour confirmer la réservation pour mise en fabrication et ce sera le moment d'ajouter des options ( attelage dans mon cas). L'annulation sera toujours possible pour ceux qui changeraient d'avis avec le remboursement des 1000€ de réservation. Voilà ce que je peux dire pour la France

Baker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Smart EV
Country flag
Mon concessionnaire m'a aussi confirmé une prise de commande avant fin juin. Il n'y aura pas d'acompte à verser, juste pour confirmer la réservation pour mise en fabrication et ce sera le moment d'ajouter des options ( attelage dans mon cas). L'annulation sera toujours possible pour ceux qui changeraient d'avis avec le remboursement des 1000€ de réservation. Voilà ce que je peux dire pour la France
OK donc ce ne serait pas un contrat final mais un confirmation des options, donc je pourrais attendre le demo pour un road test avant de finalise! Good:)
Je veus absolument faire le test de consommation car je trouve l'autonomie un peu courte! Anyway je vais en discuter avec mon concessionnaire quand arrivera mon tour.

MattG

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, Crosstrek, Lotus Elise, Jeep Wrangler LJ
Country flag
I don’t think there will be any non-refundable money at the point we place our orders....maybe it flips to non refundable when the car actually starts being built? But keeping it non refundable makes it possible or at least easier to raise the price before delivery. I saw that happen with a previous car I ordered pre-release...the pent up demand was huge. My car was one of the early ones so I got it at the initial MSRP, but after I think six months of deliveries the manufacturer raised prices a little.

There a so few factory options with this car...if a person cancels, it seems it’d be trivial to match up whats being built with another order in line.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
I'm guessing it is up to each dealer, as to how much the deposit is, or isn't?
Sponsored