JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford MMe premium order. Hyundai Ioniq 5 Lrd
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I bought a Hyundai Ioniq 5 when I got impatient waiting for my ordered MME. It's equal/better to how i imagined the MME would be. That is, I am still waiting for my MME order to be delivered (just passed 11 months, headed for a full year before delivery.)
Ford Mustang Mach-E Ioniq 5 named Motortrend SUV of the year 1668884569066

IgorKl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME GT and '22 MME CaliRoute 1 AWD
Country flag
2023 finally have preconditioning. :)

it's a great car with own issues, some of them related to brand itself.

I briefly owned one and learned that my heart belongs to MME and cold math calculation pointing to Model Y as best buy for 2023 (if you can get tax credit).

:)

tannerk89

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E P4X
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
Purely speculation, but, it sure seems like Hyundai pays automotive press a lot of money for the top spot. Major publications all kind of say the same thing about the reviews of the Hi5 and Kia. Smaller reviewers comparisons and what I gather from general public are different (specifically they’re both kind of ugly, especially the Kia). Function wise they aren’t better than competitors, aside from fast charging which accounts for maybe 3% of driving in most use cases. Don’t get me wrong I don’t think they’re a bad option, and EVs are definitely leagues better than most vehicles of other power trains.

OP
OP
Logal727

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
2023 finally have preconditioning. :)

it's a great car with own issues, some of them related to brand itself.

I briefly owned one and learned that my heart belongs to MME and cold math calculation pointing to Model Y as best buy for 2023 (if you can get tax credit).

:)
Yeah the I5 is good, I’m confused why they didn’t even test the MME in this though

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
<SNIP>
I’m confused why they didn’t even test the MME for this? I know it already won their EV of the year in 2021.
Maybe it’s how the “Pure Stock Drags” used to work: The winner isn’t eligible the following year? 🤔🐩

IgorKl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME GT and '22 MME CaliRoute 1 AWD
Country flag
Yeah the I5 is good, I’m confused why they didn’t even test the MME in this though
I believe that all these competition require marketing team involvement. It looks like Ford missed it.

Bigfeets

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford MMe premium order. Hyundai Ioniq 5 Lrd
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Purely speculation, but, it sure seems like Hyundai pays automotive press a lot of money for the top spot. Major publications all kind of say the same thing about the reviews of the Hi5 and Kia. Smaller reviewers comparisons and what I gather from general public are different (specifically they’re both kind of ugly, especially the Kia). Function wise they aren’t better than competitors, aside from fast charging which accounts for maybe 3% of driving in most use cases. Don’t get me wrong I don’t think they’re a bad option, and EVs are definitely leagues better than most vehicles of other power trains.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Ioniq 5 named Motortrend SUV of the year 1668971973417

pbgear

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e GT
Country flag
sold my '21 me gt for an ioniq 5 ltd. no regrets whatsoever. i5 far more refined overall, superior integrated pkg, superior ride with 0.91 g lateral abilities - ford ride quality sucks and interior plastics/vinyl (especially disliked vinyl steering wheel) and switchgear are cheap and befitting a 20k rental car - not a $70k car.

my opinion only, but had the ford for 25k miles. if I loved it I would have kept it.

Last edited:

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Maybe, since MME does no have any notable changes since 2021
Pretty sure only new or redesigned models qualify.

Definitely not gonna win it twice without a redesign. You can only be “new” once.

Also the “of the year” vehicles never seem to be the “best,” just the most impactful.

Kinda like the Time magazine “person of the year.”

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
The Ioniq 5 Limited is a great car.

Not a huge fan of the lower trims as they are missing many things I want like a 360 camera and premium audio (well.. the premium audio on the Limited is sub-premium though). The suspension is a tad soft for my tastes too. Good to have choices.

Avelli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E91 6MT RWD, 22 MME GT
Country flag
Hyundai and Kia are in an interesting place, with the EV6 GT just releasing. In spite of the SUV of the year accolades, I'd wait a while and see what the Ioniq 5 version of the GT is going to be.

The Ioniq 5 Limited is a great car.

Not a huge fan of the lower trims as they are missing many things I want like a 360 camera and premium audio (well.. the premium audio on the Limited is sub-premium though). The suspension is a tad soft for my tastes too. Good to have choices.
I'd get the Limited just for the ventilated seats (which is also not available on lower trims).

pbgear

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e GT
Country flag
sold my '21 me gt for an ioniq 5 ltd. no regrets whatsoever. i5 far more refined overall, superior integrated pkg, superior ride with 0.91 g lateral abilities - ford ride quality sucks and interior plastics/vinyl (especially disliked vinyl steering wheel) and switchgear are cheap and befitting a 20k rental car - not a $70k car.

my opinion only, but had the ford for 25k miles. if I loved it I would have kept it.
here is a pic of what I mean by a superior integrated pkg, note the HUD with directions from the built in nav alongside waze for notifications. additionally the 2023 received valved shocks similar to those of the ev6 gt-line and has a firm but compliant ride

20221208_152254.jpg
Sponsored