Fun_Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Premium AWD ER MME
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
I installed the iOS 16 developer beta today and I noticed two changes when I got in my MME tonight:
1. The estimated state of charge on arrival stays on the Maps screen (replacing the total distance and time remaining in the trip).
2. As they mentioned in the WWDC keynote today, iOS 16 gives the ability to add stops to your route. I tested it and it worked really well.

I’ve attached screenshots of each of the changes.

As I notice more changes, I’ll add to this post.

Ford Mustang Mach-E iOS 16 Beta CarPlay (Apple Maps) Changes CBB84900-6159-4D99-8DBB-9DF625C42CA6

Ford Mustang Mach-E iOS 16 Beta CarPlay (Apple Maps) Changes 9A953A24-593F-4273-A3F1-C625D570E348

tylset

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E premium 4x ER
Country flag
Any changes to the instrument cluster screen? Supposedly iOs6 allows more customization of multiple screens in the vehicle.

OP
OP

Fun_Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Premium AWD ER MME
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
Any changes to the instrument cluster screen? Supposedly iOs6 allows more customization of multiple screens in the vehicle.
No changes to the instrument cluster (yet)

Last edited:

Greymalken

First Name
Grey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GT EX4
Occupation
Teacher
Country flag
Can you add charge points to the stops? Is that integrated well? (I haven’t had to look for one yet)

OP
OP

Fun_Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Premium AWD ER MME
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
Can you add charge points to the stops? Is that integrated well? (I haven’t had to look for one yet)
Yes, I’m pretty sure that charging stations were one of the categories when selecting additional stops.

Last edited:

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
Can you take a screenshot of the tile Home Screen view? I’m curious if the map is still that narrow horizontal sliver at the top when you are using the expanded CarPlay layout.

in iOS 15 the map is so small and having it horizontal leaves little room to see ahead on the route.

hls811

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD SR
Country flag
Can you take a screenshot of the tile Home Screen view? I’m curious if the map is still that narrow horizontal sliver at the top when you are using the expanded CarPlay layout.

in iOS 15 the map is so small and having it horizontal leaves little room to see ahead on the route.
I don’t usually use the expanded view, so I can’t compare to how it was in iOS 15, but I’d say yes - that top navigation field isn’t ideal

340B885F-467E-4E39-B0A2-385684A8A36A.jpeg

E2D7DFD0-4126-4BF1-8EED-25FD5C37A280.jpeg

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
I installed the iOS 16 developer beta today and I noticed two changes when I got in my MME tonight:
1. The estimated state of charge on arrival stays on the Maps screen (replacing the total distance and time remaining in the trip).
2. As they mentioned in the WWDC keynote today, iOS 16 gives the ability to add stops to your route. I tested it and it worked really well.

I’ve attached screenshots of each of the changes.

As I notice more changes, I’ll add to this post.

Ford Mustang Mach-E iOS 16 Beta CarPlay (Apple Maps) Changes E2D7DFD0-4126-4BF1-8EED-25FD5C37A280

Ford Mustang Mach-E iOS 16 Beta CarPlay (Apple Maps) Changes E2D7DFD0-4126-4BF1-8EED-25FD5C37A280
Any issues with PaaK/FordPass while using the Dev beta?

OP
OP

Fun_Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Premium AWD ER MME
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
Any issues with PaaK/FordPass while using the Dev beta?
I don’t use PaaK, but I’ve had no issues with FordPass on the beta.

bs1055

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Eng/M&A
Country flag
To be a bit precise, these aren't carplay specific changes, these are changes to Apple Maps that get projected via Carplay. The larger Carplay update has not been released in any beta version yet.

I have the beta version as well but unfortunately don't see the charge % yet because I am on an old Sync version :(

OP
OP

Fun_Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Premium AWD ER MME
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
To be a bit precise, these aren't carplay specific changes, these are changes to Apple Maps that get projected via Carplay. The larger Carplay update has not been released in any beta version yet.

I have the beta version as well but unfortunately don't see the charge % yet because I am on an old Sync version :(
Thanks for the clarification. I have updated the thread title to be more precise.

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
I don’t usually use the expanded view, so I can’t compare to how it was in iOS 15, but I’d say yes - that top navigation field isn’t ideal

Damn it’s still the same. I’ve contacted apple a few times about that layout. The tiles at the bottom are huge and it makes the map tiny. Just make the map vertical on the left like the smaller view and it would be great!

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
Since ios 16, my carplay is seemingly restarting itself with annoying notices on the mach e quite often. That said, it always seems to be still active and available on screen, so I'm not sure what the SYnc is complaining about.

Also on ios 16, it says "set up paak" on ford pas now, even though one is already paired and stored. not sure how to fix that message.
Sponsored