mdolan92869

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-e (Had '83 GT, '89 GT Ragtop, '13 GT)
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer
Country flag
While watching the WWDC Keynote, Craig Federighi the Senior Vice President of Software Engineering at Apple Inc., just showed how to add new controls to the Control Center on iOS 18. He chose adding his car widget to the Control Center and then resize it. It showed Mustang Mach-e. He then tapped it to turn on the A/C. Hopefully, if the SVP of Software Development at Apple has a Mach-e, Apple can push Ford to get better integration.

Screenshots:

screenshot-2024-06-10-at-12-25-29%E2%80%AFpm-png.png

screenshot-2024-06-10-at-12-26-45%E2%80%AFpm-png.png

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
As a 15promax user that's suffered from the wildly off base GPS and CarPlay wifi connection choking and stuttering I'd be happy if they just took the 15 pro's 'ultra accurate gps' just down to 'accurate' as an ios18 feature.
I did get the unfortunate task of replacing my 15promax out of pocket yesterday so i have replaced my launch day 15promax with a hopefully better same phone and some jackass in Italy might get more than lost with it's wonky GPS if they get it activated.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
While watching the WWDC Keynote, Craig Federighi the Senior Vice President of Software Engineering at Apple Inc., just showed how to add new controls to the Control Center on iOS 18. He chose adding his car widget to the Control Center and then resize it. It showed Mustang Mach-e. He then tapped it to turn on the A/C. Hopefully, if the SVP of Software Development at Apple has a Mach-e, Apple can push Ford to get better integration.
I’m sure he doesn’t. Any manufacturers/developers featured have coordinated with Apple for a long time. Every app icon you see in keynotes is reviewed and approved, even if the app isn’t demoed or mentioned.

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
I mean, I've personally alluded this for a while now in a few posts. There are also quite a few Apple people who work at Ford -- FYI.
If only they worked together :)

OP
OP
mdolan92869

mdolan92869

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-e (Had '83 GT, '89 GT Ragtop, '13 GT)
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer
Country flag
OK, now that the keynote is over and I'm eating lunch, I replayed the part where they showed the FordPass app being added to the Control Center. Here are a couple of screen shots.
Ford Mustang Mach-E iOS 18 Preview Featured Mach-E in Control Center Screenshot 2024-06-10 at 12.25.29 PM
Ford Mustang Mach-E iOS 18 Preview Featured Mach-E in Control Center Screenshot 2024-06-10 at 12.26.45 PM

LeanneL

First Name
Leanne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GTP
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Anyone taking the plunge and install the new iOS yet?

cknasaboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E California Route 1
Occupation
ISS and Orion Flight Controller
Country flag
can someone check if EV routing in maps supports NACS?
Apple Maps does not appear to support NACS in iOS 18 Beta 1 - Plug Type for the Mach E shows only J1772 and CCS1.

Under networks, I can force it only to Tesla Supercharger, but even then, when routing, it chose an EA station to charge at.

streetr8cer13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mach-E GT
Apple Maps does not appear to support NACS in iOS 18 Beta 1 - Plug Type for the Mach E shows only J1772 and CCS1.

Under networks, I can force it only to Tesla Supercharger, but even then, when routing, it chose an EA station to charge at.
ugh bummer, thanks for checking! was really hoping it'd let you at least add the NACS connector so it wouldn't insert the CCS stops still
Sponsored