Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium RWD Ext. Range - Infinite Blue
Occupation
CTO
Country flag
Waze needs to do the same or.... Apple Maps needs to add crowd sourced data for police. The latter being preferred. I am over Waze.

I am going to try switching to Apple Maps today and leave Waze running in the background to see if I still get the Waze alerts. Hanging with a friend over the weekend and his car had no issue with this.

fayt349

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i4 eDrive 40 M-Sport
Occupation
Network Support Engineer
Country flag
I canā€™t figure out how to add my vehicle to Apple Maps and Iā€™ve been trying for weeks.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Waze needs to do the same or.... Apple Maps needs to add crowd sourced data for police. The latter being preferred. I am over Waze.

I am going to try switching to Apple Maps today and leave Waze running in the background to see if I still get the Waze alerts. Hanging with a friend over the weekend and his car had no issue with this.
Not sure if that will work properly but I know you can leave Waze open in the background for alerts and use the native Ford Navigation. The native navigation is great for estimating charge and finding stations.

srogers

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang, Mach E, Premium, 2021
Country flag

Grux40

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium RWD Ext. Range - Infinite Blue
Occupation
CTO
Country flag

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Google Maps has also been adding this in. In the settings of the app you can choose which plugs your car supports. So far the only way I've seen it be used is if you actually search for "Charging Stations" but at least its a start.

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
Apple Maps EV routing requires that the Vehicle Mobile apps supports the feature. My takeaway is that Maps uses the vehicle mobile app to pull the latest SoC/range to optimize routing (either for initial planning or en-route modifications).

Given FordPAss, not expecting to see this for a while.

Sabroso26

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I canā€™t figure out how to add my vehicle to Apple Maps and Iā€™ve been trying for weeks.
I have been trying as well Any success or advice on your side? I would appreciate it.

fayt349

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i4 eDrive 40 M-Sport
Occupation
Network Support Engineer
Country flag
I have been trying as well Any success or advice on your side? I would appreciate it.
Looks like it's impossible and it's up to ford to update it on their side.

Sabroso26

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Ughā€¦ thank you for responding.

Luke

First Name
Luciano
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e, Taurus
Occupation
Computer Engineer
Country flag
there is a big chance this project was canned. Apple announced that about a year ago and mentioned they were working with BMW and Ford.
one full year and nothing. Iā€™m not sure if this is Appleā€™s fault or Fordā€™s.

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
there is a big chance this project was canned. Apple announced that about a year ago and mentioned they were working with BMW and Ford.
one full year and nothing. Iā€™m not sure if this is Appleā€™s fault or Fordā€™s.
I donā€™t know if automatic routing has been added yet, but you can search for ā€œEV Chargersā€ in Apple Maps and come up with a list; it shows everything though including Tesla Superchargers, etc. Each entry has a hot link back to PlugShare, so I guess thatā€™s where the data is coming from.

dougni

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 California Route 1 RWD Ext (Job 1)
Country flag
Can I revive this thread? Apple Maps shows Charging Stations instead of gas stations. So Iā€™m assuming is getting some info from Ford Pass. However, I donā€™t think itā€™s showing Level 2 chargers. Does anyone know how to filter it/change the settings?

Ford Mustang Mach-E iOS maps Adds EV Features 4E44A001-3BEE-45D2-85AE-393024E35A1B

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Can I revive this thread? Apple Maps shows Charging Stations instead of gas stations. So Iā€™m assuming is getting some info from Ford Pass. However, I donā€™t think itā€™s showing Level 2 chargers. Does anyone know how to filter it/change the settings?

Ford Mustang Mach-E iOS maps Adds EV Features 4E44A001-3BEE-45D2-85AE-393024E35A1B
Yeah it's showed Chargers for a while now, it knows it's an EV but it doesn't have SoC data unless the car sends a low battery alert. So it doesn't work and I've actually never seen this feature work, even on BMW. You can go to their forum too if you want a laugh (cause it's the same complaints) lol.