Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Will the Mustang Mach E charge pad have MagSafe for iPhone 12?
Sponsored

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Will the Mustang Mach E charge pad have MagSafe for iPhone 12?
Nothing about that but not highly necessary since the phone sits down in a tray with sides around it.

MagSafe is only a rumor on iPhone 12. Most parts for the Mach E have been specified for over a year. You don't honestly think Ford could be that that omniscient, do you?

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Nothing about that but not highly necessary since the phone sits down in a tray with sides around it.

MagSafe is only a rumor on iPhone 12. Most parts for the Mach E have been specified for over a year. You don't honestly think Ford could be that that omniscient, do you?

Magsafe quite literally just got confirmed at the Apple Event going on now.

https://www.cnn.com/business/live-news/apple-iphone-event-october-2020/index.html

Still don't need it for the MME though. And impossible to predict far enough out to have it included in any vehicle.

OP
OP
Jimrpa

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag

Just announced. Not a rumor. Apple usually will work with partners that sign NDAs. Why do you think Belkin already has MagSafe products that were announced today, by Apple? ?

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Just announced. Not a rumor. Apple usually will work with partners that sign NDAs. Why do you think Belkin already has MagSafe products that were announced today, by Apple? ?
Sure. Makes sense for companies like Belkin. I don't really think Mach E sales will live or die over whether or not the charging shelf has MagSafe.

OP
OP
Jimrpa

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Magsafe quite literally just got confirmed at the Apple Event going on now.

https://www.cnn.com/business/live-news/apple-iphone-event-october-2020/index.html

Still don't need it for the MME though. And impossible to predict far enough out to have it included in any vehicle.
Actually, if there’s any good application for MagSafe, it would be a “sports car” ?
And I hope Ford has an NDA in place with Apple so they could be working on Phone as a Key, for example (notice how they’ve carefully never openly acknowledged or denied that) prior to Apple’s announcement. They’ve been very vocal about supporting wireless CarPlay.
seriously, I doubt they have MagSafe support, but I can hope ?

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Actually, if there’s any good application for MagSafe, it would be a “sports car” ?
And I hope Ford has an NDA in place with Apple so they could be working on Car as a Key, for example (notice how they’ve carefully never openly acknowledged or denied that) prior to Apple’s announcement. They’ve been very vocal about supporting wireless CarPlay.
seriously, I doubt they have MagSafe support, but I can hope ?
Except that Lincoln has Phone as Key already prior to Apple's implementation.

https://owner.lincoln.com/tools/account/keyless-remote-with-phone-as-a-key.html

OP
OP
Jimrpa

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Sure. Makes sense for companies like Belkin. I don't really think Mach E sales will live or die over whether or not the charging shelf has MagSafe.
Nor will the car sales live or die over a wash out front trunk. Remember, they’ve been heavily touting the inductive charging pad, and positioning the vehicle as very “tech-forward”. I think it’s a legitimate question. Just as “will they support Phone as a Key”?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jimrpa

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
I really don't think Magsafe matters for the ME. If anyone else watched the Apple event, the house they showed at the beginning as a mockup had an Audi in the garage.
I would really like to see an update to the software that also allows Apple key, and the Siri and Homekit integration that would allow you to say for example "Hey Siri, get my Mustang ready for departure in 10 minutes" warming up or cooling off the car and having it ready to go with CarPlay, and the destination in the map.
Maybe FordPass will integrate with Siri with Siri Shortcuts.

MailGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt Premier, Mini Cooper SE, Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
Nor will the car sales live or die over a wash out front trunk. Remember, they’ve been heavily touting the inductive charging pad, and positioning the vehicle as very “tech-forward”. I think it’s a legitimate question. Just as “will they support Phone as a Key”?
Three cars with Qi wireless charging; one works. Hoping that MME brings this up to 50%

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
... Siri and Homekit integration that would allow you to say for example "Hey Siri, get my Mustang ready for departure in 10 minutes" warming up or cooling off the car and having it ready to go with CarPlay, and the destination in the map.
I believe Ford has Alexa support, no? Not sure if specifics on the Mach-E have been announced, but if it does, you could (with some tech know-how) integrate this into HomeKit via something like HomeAssistant.

Matthewmohan

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E First Edition Grabber Blue
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
I highly doubt our cars will have mag safe built in, but looking at Apple’s presentation it seems like all phones that include it will be backward Qi compatible. Call me crazy, but I come from a time when magnets were supposed to be kept as far away from your tech as possible.

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
I highly doubt our cars will have mag safe built in, but looking at Apple’s presentation it seems like all phones that include it will be backward Qi compatible. Call me crazy, but I come from a time when magnets were supposed to be kept as far away from your tech as possible.
One of the first wireless chargers I used, from Palm, included magnets to align it. It's actually a really nice feature that I'm glad to see Apple bring BACK (as much as they'd like you to think they've "invented" it).
Sponsored