iPhone Mount: Spigen OneTap Pro - anyone using this?

notaek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
I've been using this for a week now and I'm finding my iPhone will stop charging at random.

Anyone else seeing this? I have it plugged into the USB-C port in the front and have also tried a USB-C adapter in the center console.

Wondering if I just got a dud. The mount works really well so I'm hoping I can keep using it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09JV6W1TC
Designed for Telsa Model 3 / Y / X (2021) / S (2021) , Ford Mustang Mach E
Sponsored

RobbertPatrison

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ice White Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
Yes, I have it. I'm happy with this MagSafe charger for 2 months already. It works great and is in an ideal position:
  • It gets cooled by the vent. The lower charging pad makes the phone way too hot which wears out the battery
  • FaceId works well
Ford Mustang Mach-E iPhone Mount: Spigen OneTap Pro - anyone using this? IMG_4173

OP
OP
notaek

notaek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Yes, I have it. I'm happy with this MagSafe charger for 2 months already. It works great and is in an ideal position:
  • It gets cooled by the vent. The lower charging pad makes the phone way too hot which wears out the battery
  • FaceId works well
Ford Mustang Mach-E iPhone Mount: Spigen OneTap Pro - anyone using this? IMG_4173
No issues with it not charging randomly? That’s good to hear!

I’m wondering if my phone is just getting too hot then and that’s what’s causing it to stop charging. I’m going to keep experimenting with it and adjusting the vents to blow on it more to see if that helps.

RobbertPatrison

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ice White Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
No issues with it not charging randomly? That’s good to hear!

I’m wondering if my phone is just getting too hot then and that’s what’s causing it to stop charging. I’m going to keep experimenting with it and adjusting the vents to blow on it more to see if that helps.
My iPhone 13Max gets way too hot on the charging pad. Perhaps it is the alignment of the coils, or perhaps it is because the charger is high power. Anyway, I don't use it anymore for that reason and switched to the MagSafe mount. That has the advantage is that the coils are always perfectly aligned.
Sponsored