ayeaye2013

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E 4x Premium
Country flag
I noticed a bit of a weird issue with my mach-e premium AWD - this morning when I was driving it I realized the turn signals were making the "clicking" noise at irregular intervals (see attached video - sorry for the loud breathing haha!). Additionally I noticed that the odometer said "mi" even though I'm in Canada and it's set to km (also, the odometer was still measuring km, not miles, as it was consistent with the # of kms I've driven and was continuing to increase in km increments despite stating miles on the screen).

Not sure if anyone else has seen this?

Edit: I think I've got the video uploaded now. I should also add that the exterior turn signals (and the arrow icon on the screen) seem to be functioning completely normally, and that this occurs with engaging the left turn signal, the right turn signal, and the hazard lights. Also...I turned the car off and went grocery shopping, and when I got back (maybe 20 min later) it was back to normal...I had a similar episode a few weeks ago but it was -35 degrees Celsius at the time and I'd written it off as having something to do with the cold (even though I'd pre-conditioned the battery before leaving). This time it was +6 degrees Celsius so I don't think cold is the issue.
Sponsored

Attachments

Last edited:

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
I noticed a bit of a weird issue with my mach-e premium AWD - this morning when I was driving it I realized the turn signals were making the "clicking" noise at irregular intervals (see attached video - sorry for the loud breathing haha!). Additionally I noticed that the odometer said "mi" even though I'm in Canada and it's set to km (also, the odometer was still measuring km, not miles, as it was consistent with the # of kms ive
Abducted by aliens mid-post. I hate it when that happens!

Drea89

First Name
Andrea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-e RWD EXT. range
Country flag
mine does the same, it switches from English to Italian and from ml to km randomly, if I click on the button for the profiles on the door (which I have associated with my profile) it changes all settings to the right one.
for sure it will always happen if I use remote start

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
mine does the same, it switches from English to Italian and from ml to km randomly, if I click on the button for the profiles on the door (which I have associated with my profile) it changes all settings to the right one.
It seem the car doesn’t have a way to determine a profile when using remote start. Even if there’s only one saved profile.
You’d think if PAAK was setup on the phone requesting the start, it would use the profile associated with that person.

Drea89

First Name
Andrea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It seems the car doesn’t have a way to determine a profile when using remote start. Even if there’s only one saved profile.
You’d think if PAAK was setup on the phone requesting the start, it would use the profile associated with that person.
yes I have my PAAK on the phone and profile associated.. mine is a June build so should be after PAAK recall but never worked properly ?

OP
OP

ayeaye2013

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That's interesting...and when it switches does it calculate the mileage properly? What I found surprising was that my 'true' mileage is 8600ish km...but when it was being weird it only switched the 'km' to 'mi', without actually adjusting the number. Additionally, when I was driving, the number was adjusting based on km (i.e. for every 100 m driven, the odometer reading would increase by 0.1 "mi"). Plus the irregular turn signal sound bugs me haha

OP
OP

ayeaye2013

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It seem the car doesn’t have a way to determine a profile when using remote start. Even if there’s only one saved profile.
I only have the one profile set up as well - and actually was using the key fob, not PAAK when the issue happened. I haven't quite got to the point where I fully trust PAAK haha!

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I only have the one profile set up as well - and actually was using the key fob, not PAAK when the issue happened. I haven't quite got to the point where I fully trust PAAK haha!
Did you remote start, by chance? Just curious.

Drea89

First Name
Andrea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That's interesting...and when it switches does it calculate the mileage properly? What I found surprising was that my 'true' mileage is 8600ish km...but when it was being weird it only switched the 'km' to 'mi', without actually adjusting the number. Additionally, when I was driving, the number was adjusting based on km (i.e. for every 100 m driven, the odometer reading would increase by 0.1 "mi"). Plus the irregular turn signal sound bugs me haha
oh ok so I haven't put attention to it, I'll look into it, this could be really bad for the warranty if it multiplies by 1.6 the actual mileage
Sponsored