OP
silverelan

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Actually 5.5s is quicker than the majority of cars on the road right now. Five years from now that may be different and GT cars being sold now will be shamed by soccer moms driving EV mini vans.
The other EVs and PHEVs that are hitting the market starting this summer and into 2021 will match or beat the Mustang Mach-E AWD (SR and ER have same mid-5s 0-60 target). Heck, a Toyota Camry XSE will do 0-60 in 5.8s! Surely an AWD Mustang with 332hp should be more than a match for a Camry.

The GT's 3.5-3.9s time will be about as quick as you'd ever need to be future proof.
Sponsored

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
As an owner of 3 non-GT mustangs, I can tell you that they have varied between below average to above average acceleration. The 4 cylinder fox body was a disgrace to the mustang brand. In this case they are targeting below average relative to BEVs, which is a little disappointing. My 2015 v6 has a quicker time than what they are targeting for the E. Hopefully the numbers can improve with software tweaks...

OP
OP
silverelan

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
In this case they are targeting below average relative to BEVs, which is a little disappointing. My 2015 v6 has a quicker time than what they are targeting for the E. Hopefully the numbers can improve with software tweaks...
+1
I have to say it again, mid-five second 0-60 is just too slow for a $60k Premium Mustang Mach-E AWD. It's not deal breaking, it's just embarrassing.

JSeis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD Select
Country flag
I thought about 0-60 then reminded myself I just drove 44 miles at an average of 4.1 M/KWh. That translates to 1.5 cents per mile based on our $.0634/KWh rate. $1.36 for the day’s commute. I didn’t need that 0-60 time and now that I think about, it’s been years since I actually came close to needing 0-60. Now 40-80 is a different story.

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 4X, ‘14 SS Sedan tuned, ‘17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
I thought about 0-60 then reminded myself I just drove 44 miles at an average of 4.1 M/KWh. That translates to 1.5 cents per mile based on our $.0634/KWh rate. $1.36 for the day’s commute. I didn’t need that 0-60 time and now that I think about, it’s been years since I actually came close to needing 0-60. Now 40-80 is a different story.
Thread from the dead award goes to…..

?

OP
OP
silverelan

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
@AoA said he got 4.7s in his 4X review. That's the fastest I've seen and a bit of an outlier from the mainstream outlets which have usually been around 5.1-5.2 seconds.

We've yet to see published media tests of the GT and GTPE but it's possible that we'll hit Ford's numbers of 3.8 and 3.5 seconds, respectively.

I'm thinking sub-5 seconds is where the market will settle for premium crossover EVs. Any slower than that and you're in Accord 2.0T territory.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
@AoA said he got 4.7s in his 4X review. That's the fastest I've seen and a bit of an outlier from the mainstream outlets which have usually been around 5.1-5.2 seconds.

We've yet to see published media tests of the GT and GTPE but it's possible that we'll hit Ford's numbers of 3.8 and 3.5 seconds, respectively.

I'm thinking sub-5 seconds is where the market will settle for premium crossover EVs. Any slower than that and you're in Accord 2.0T territory.
I do think it’s funny how the Accord has become the “performance standard” these days.

In historical terms, the Accord 2.0T is actually pretty fast.

It’ll beat pretty much any “non special” Mustang v8 (read: GT) from the late 60s until 1998.

Until 1999, the Mustang v8 0-60 seemed to hover around 6.7 seconds. The mid 90s z28 and Trans Am would “blow it away” at 5.7 seconds.

And the Accord? 5.5

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mo...-honda-accord-sport-20t-first-test-review/amp

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
The AWD version of the Mach-E (Select, Premium, First Edition) has a "mid five second range" target for its 0-60 acceleration. At the risk of sounding like an entitled jerk, mid five seconds isn't quite quick enough to be impressive. A $60,000 performance crossover EV should be able to do better against a hybrid RAV4. Especially when it's called a Mustang.

For comparison 0-60 times:
Toyota RAV4 PHEV: 5.8s
Audi e-tron: 5.5s
Tesla Model Y LR AWD: 4.8s
Jaguar I-PACE: 4.5s
The AWD version with the extended range battery is 0-60 in 4.8, not mid 5s.

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag

Is your only care about a vehicle its 0-60 time? Not its comfort, build quality, materials quality, handling, or anything else? Just 0-60? Go buy a Tesla Model S Plaid and be happy. (Or not, because its stated times need ridiculously perfect track conditions with adhesive and non-stock tires, but whatever.)

OP
OP
silverelan

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Is your only care about a vehicle its 0-60 time? Not its comfort, build quality, materials quality, handling, or anything else? Just 0-60? Go buy a Tesla Model S Plaid and be happy. (Or not, because its stated times need ridiculously perfect track conditions with adhesive and non-stock tires, but whatever.)
off the line acceleration is an inherent trait of EVs which suits the traditional muscle car Mustang quite well. In addition to comfort, build quality, handling, etc, it should be powerful like the old-fashioned Mustangs from the days of yore.

The 4X was originally announced with a "mid-five second" 0-60 target. The 4.8 second time didn't come until September 2020.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/mach-e-0-60-mph-times-updated-on-ford-site.1510/

dmasteR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Audi S4
Country flag
People have beaten the times with stock tires on the drag. Why makes things up?

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Thread from the dead award goes to…..

?
Sometimes people just can’t win. They use search, find a relevant thread and comment on it and it’s all, “Necro! Zombie thread walking!” On the other hand, they start a new thread and it’s, “OMG! There is already a thread on this. The last comment was made on October 14, 1066 in Old English! Learn to search! Learn Old English! Then come back!” :p

Last edited:

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 MME Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
I reserved a Premium AWD ER in red for $58,700. That's close enough to $60k to me. For a crossover that's marketed as having Mustang muscle car heritage, it needs to stampede all over a RAV4 and not be neck-and-neck with one at the stoplight 0-40mph race.
My Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue without BlueCruise was $56440 sticker. Did your price include that ADM option? I outgrew my need-for-speed so the 0-60 provided is fine for me. X-plan pricing saves about $900. Join Mustang Club of America.

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I have a 2015 Macan S and love the car. Probably around 5.1, 0-60, I have never floored the car off the line like I used to in my late teens when I took my fathers 1968 GTO. The Macan car is plenty fast and torque is great in the range I need it, passing people And handles great for an SUV, it’s nothing like a 911 and don’t expect it to be.
the Mache E is an CUV or SUV (whatever)not a race car. Having test driven the base battery and select car a few times I expect the larger batter and premium car to run similar to the Macan, if it does I will be ecstatic.
Sponsored

Last edited: