Is 2.3.0 the newest OTA for those not in early access?

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
This red line thing in FordPass is a forum theory, never confirmed by Ford.

Here's a local example. BlueCruise isn't available on this highway segment because the curvature is a little too much for it:

Screenshot_20220321-201831.png
BlueCruise can't drive through that section? How fast were you going when it gave up?

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
Shoot. Sigh.
Sorry. I wish it was true.

Frankly I would put together a crowd sourced Google map if people sent me what is active in their area.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
BlueCruise can't drive through that section? How fast were you going when it gave up?
I know, right?! It handles some curves but not several of them on that highway when heading east. When heading west it seems to handle a bigger percentage of it for some reason.

The vehicle was travelling somewhere between 70-72.

BlueCruise goes to hands on mode roughly a tenth of a mile before entering the "curve." The mapping data seems to have disallowed certain sections before you enter them.

OP
OP
MBCook

MBCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E AWD ER, Infinite Metallic Blue
Country flag
I find it kind of amazing Ford is actively selling a feature like this and there is no way for perspective buyers to even know where the feature works. I guess if you’re lucky your dealer might know the state of it locally.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I know, right?! It handles some curves but not several of them on that highway when heading east. When heading west it seems to handle a bigger percentage of it for some reason.

The vehicle was travelling somewhere between 70-72.

BlueCruise goes to hands on mode roughly a tenth of a mile before entering the "curve." The mapping data seems to have disallowed certain sections before you enter them.
Maybe the feedback provided by those of you in Early Access is needed to test and find the dead zones so they can stitch it all together? If so, that would be pretty cool. Keep up the good work! ?

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Maybe the feedback provided by those of you in Early Access is needed to test and find the dead zones so they can stitch it all together? If so, that would be pretty cool. Keep up the good work! ?
Sam Abuelsamid described this limitation a few weeks ago on the Wheel Bearings podcast. He test drove the Lincoln Navigator with ActiveGlide (same thing as BlueCruise). He compared it to GM Super Cruise and he and Nicole Wakelin discussed several advantages to GM's driver aids.

He says that Ford is undergoing efforts to migrate from their current map provider to Intel Mobileye, and Sam believes that when they do this, they'll be able to handle curves better.

Take a listen here, starting around 01:04:00:

https://wheelbearings.media/podcast/gliding-actively-sometimes/
Sponsored

Last edited: