Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Mustang, 2023 Mach E Premium
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I know the people who orders in 2022 have had much longer wait times. Production and supply shortages are among some of the lead time issues. Before January 2023 on Ford's web site they were even advising potential buyers that your order could take 6-10 months to fulfill. I place my order anticipating a 10 month delivery time. These are data points but don't really apply to recent orders. The plant was down for several weeks earlier this year during which they brought up a second production line. And this downtime also added to some of the delay time for those that ordered in 2022. Also, there seems to be more information for Select and Premium trim models over GT models. If you study some of the recent build week threads, I think you will now find the following (at least for Select and Premium models).

Those that have PLACED orders starting in January 2023 were getting emails roughly 3 weeks following with an email from Ford for a build date. These build dates are roughly 13 weeks out from the date the order was PLACED. I placed my order on 17-Jan 2023 and on 9-Feb I received an email stating my build date is 24-Apr-2023. This is now a much shorter timeframe than I anticipated.

I think the unknown now is the time it actually takes Ford to get the newly built vehicle from the plant, to your local dealer. At one time this was taking 2-3 MONTHS! (I've heard worse stories). But this delivery time seems to be greatly improving as well. And the actual information in the recent build week threads seem to be supporting this.

Realistically, I think you are looking at 4-5 months from the time you place the order until the vehicle arrives at your dealer. HOWEVER, I did just check the Ford order website and it says 6-8 weeks for GT and Cal Rt 1. Seems optimistic to me.
Sponsored

Last edited:

MachEMaster

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 GMC Yukon GT
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer
Country flag
There has been a used '22 GTPE that has been at the local dealer since summer. I keep seeing they have '23 Premiums for '22 prices, then I look at the window sticker and they have the 70 kWh battery. Lol

hartmms

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ram 2500, mazdaspeed 3, mazda 3, '23 GTPE
Occupation
engineer
Country flag
I just ordered a GTPE March 25th when the order site said 6-8 weeks. While I would like to believe the 8 week quote, I've set my expectations low.

eleven24

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME GT
Country flag
I ordered 2/6, just received a production week of 5/15. I wouldn't be surprised if Ford is shifting to a months timeframe because 6-8 months would be accurate. Perhaps the error is in "weeks" should've been replaced with "months"

That aside, anyone know if changing my order from a GT to a GT Performance would delay my potential delivery now that I have a production week?

ArthurDOB

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium AWD STD Range (Delivered 5/22/23)
Occupation
High School Teacher
Country flag
I ordered 2/6, just received a production week of 5/15. I wouldn't be surprised if Ford is shifting to a months timeframe because 6-8 months would be accurate. Perhaps the error is in "weeks" should've been replaced with "months"

That aside, anyone know if changing my order from a GT to a GT Performance would delay my potential delivery now that I have a production week?
My understanding is that once you have a build week, it’s set in stone. I believe you would have to cancel and reorder (start over), I’m guessing you would not want to do that.

OP
OP

xrayphoton1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Camaro ss
Country flag
Well I did it! I just received the confirmation email that my mach-e order has been placed! So excited! I guess we'll find out first hand how accurate this 6-8 week estimate on their website currently is

Last edited:

c max

First Name
phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Premium Rapid Red
Occupation
retired
Country flag
There has been a used '22 GTPE that has been at the local dealer since summer. I keep seeing they have '23 Premiums for '22 prices, then I look at the window sticker and they have the 70 kWh battery. Lol
70kw battery is just fine for me....I've had my '21 Select SR RWD, since Feb. 12, 2021 and battery size has never been an issue.......it's all about one's requirements and needs.......although the ER battery would be nice, the extra cost makes it unnecessary, same with AWD......

it's all about your driving needs ......

eleven24

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME GT
Country flag
Since Thursday morning seems to be when production schedules get updated by Ford, I'm curious to see if my build week of 5/15 shifts tomorrow. If the dramatic shift from an 18-22 week lead time to 6-8 week lead time is accurate, then one would assume existing orders would see a shift as well.

OP
OP

xrayphoton1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Camaro ss
Country flag
Since Thursday morning seems to be when production schedules get updated by Ford, I'm curious to see if my build week of 5/15 shifts tomorrow. If the dramatic shift from an 18-22 week lead time to 6-8 week lead time is accurate, then one would assume existing orders would see a shift as well.
Yeah I'm curious too

OP
OP

xrayphoton1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Camaro ss
Country flag

Was just watching this and at 11:10 he mentioned mach-e is scheduling this week but won't be scheduling AT ALL in April! I placed my order on Tuesday and with the website showing 6-8 week current ETA I don't see how they plan to even come close to that if they aren't even scheduling next month. That would only give them a month to schedule, produce, and ship if they want to hit that ETA and I just don't see that happening

Last edited:

ArthurDOB

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium AWD STD Range (Delivered 5/22/23)
Occupation
High School Teacher
Country flag

Was just watching this and he mentioned mach-e is scheduling this week but won't be scheduling AT ALL in April! I placed my order on Tuesday and with the website showing 6-8 week current ETA I don't see how they plan to even come close to that if they aren't even scheduling next month. That would only give them a month to schedule, produce, and ship if they want to hit that ETA and I just don't see that happening
You still have today and tomorrow to hear something.

Also, it's probably not wise to express frustrations on this Forum about the possibility of not getting a 6-8 week delivery. Some here have waited over a year for theirs. Some have waited that long and are still waiting! You will get no sympathy and might have a few barbs thrown your way. Just sayin'...

65MustangBoy

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Mustang, 2023 Mach E Premium
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I only listened to the beginning of the video. If I understand correctly, people who have received their emails with their build dates have already been "scheduled". In the video he says around April 10 is when Ford will start scheduling the current backlog of orders.

OP
OP

xrayphoton1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Camaro ss
Country flag
You still have today and tomorrow to hear something.

Also, it's probably not wise to express frustrations on this Forum about the possibility of not getting a 6-8 week delivery. Some here have waited over a year for theirs. Some have waited that long and are still waiting! You will get no sympathy and might have a few barbs thrown your way. Just sayin'...
Oh sorry if that came out wrong. No I'm not trying to be a complainer. I already waited 7 months for another Ford to get scheduled. I've got time to wait and figured I would have to. I've just been trying to figure out why Ford has 2 months listed on their website. Doesn't really seem possible if they won't even schedule next month

OP
OP

xrayphoton1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Camaro ss
Country flag
I only listened to the beginning of the video. If I understand correctly, people who have received their emails with their build dates have already been "scheduled". In the video he says around April 10 is when Ford will start scheduling the current backlog of orders.
He mentions mach-e at 11:10. Yeah if you have a vin and production date you are scheduled

eleven24

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME GT
Country flag

Was just watching this and he mentioned mach-e is scheduling this week but won't be scheduling AT ALL in April! I placed my order on Tuesday and with the website showing 6-8 week current ETA I don't see how they plan to even come close to that if they aren't even scheduling next month. That would only give them a month to schedule, produce, and ship if they want to hit that ETA and I just don't see that happening
I think it's important to understand that scheduling is not the same as building. Last week I received a build week of 5/15. Even if Ford didn't schedule another build for a month, when they resumed the next likely build week would be 5/22.
Sponsored