Is anybody ordered in February still waiting for production date?

2nd Ford

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Camry,sienna,Honda
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Sponsored

Chiboyal

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium eAWD ER
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I realize there are variations in the production dates based on the trim you ordered. However, I think there should be some explanation as to how people with more recent order dates (eg 2022) are able to get production and delivery dates sooner than people who have ordered practically the same vehicles more than six months ago and they are still waiting! Is there some logical phasing in addition to trim selection that is driving the process, or is it just a crap shoot? If it is the later, I will sit tight and hope I win the Mach e lottery.

Travman1974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mazda 3
Country flag
I realize there are variations in the production dates based on the trim you ordered. However, I think there should be some explanation as to how people with more recent order dates (eg 2022) are able to get production and delivery dates sooner than people who have ordered practically the same vehicles more than six months ago and they are still waiting! Is there some logical phasing in addition to trim selection that is driving the process, or is it just a crap shoot? If it is the later, I will sit tight and hope I win the Mach e lottery.
It's all based on dealer allocation.

This thread has some info on the process.
https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...process-explained-from-start-to-finish.12411/

Some dealers seem to get more allocation than others, I don't think it's right but it's fords process.

Over on the Maverick Forums Ford has indicated that they are changing to scheduling based on order date. https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...heduled-in-the-order-they-are-received.13421/

Maybe if we make enough noise they might do the same for the Mach-e

Schmetsky

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CRV, GolfR, MDX, Sienna, RX350
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
I think it also can depend on where you live. States (and countries) with EV mandates get precedence over those that don't. There are some YouTube videos out there with dealers saying that 50% of the cars made have to be shipped overseas to make EV quotas etc.

jc1000

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
maverick 2022 eco, Porsche boxster
Country flag
Its a crap shoot with loaded dice:) .... I ordered a premium red 11/13/2021 to my my surprise and delight I got a production date last Thursday 5/16 week of..... I was delighted and immediately drank the best part of a six pack of decent beer in celebration as it is my wife,s car and the Bi-Weekly question of "are you sure you ordered the car properly?" was about to end LOL . Next morning the party was over ! I received an Email from ford pushing the production Date to 5/23 ..I am not complaining !! As at least I ordered the car properly!! Some battles you just cant win.. all kidding aside allocation to high volume dealers especially if they have good customer satisfaction reviews is very tilted in their favor.. My dealer Bozard ford in Saint Augustine Fl has told me that directly ,I got a Maverick in 13 weeks from order which is super fast and it appears The Mach E I ordered on 11/13 with a build week of 5/23 is nothing to complain about as far as wait time goes.... Bozard ford has high customer satisfaction and always has hard to get cars on the lot delivering them to customers ,I was offered two Mach E ,s that customers passed on since I ordered all @MSRP . One was all wheel drive the the other was GTE. I am trying to stay in budget and my better half wants RED.

Last edited:
OP
OP
2nd Ford

2nd Ford

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Camry,sienna,Honda
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
There are people in Oct/Nov/Dec still waiting.
It depends on what you ordered My sister ordered hers in November November she has her production date

Ranger Rick

First Name
Ranger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1998 Ranger, 2006 F-250, 14 & 19 Fusion Energi
Occupation
Tax Adminstration
Country flag
We had 2021 MMEs delivered as recently as March and tons of orders going back as far October.

That being said, there seems to be no logic to how Ford is deciding which orders are being assigned build dates. So you could be like me and have an identical configuration, only to see it get selected next month whereas may still be waiting.

I suspect if you agreed to pay more than MSRP that this will factor quite heavily in your favor. The dealership has incentive to prioritize it and FoMoCo has incentive to keep the dealership happy.

If you didn't agree to pay more, be prepared to get angry every couple of weeks when FoMoCo assigns another batch of build dates to orders placed well after yours. Eventually, you'll become a bitter old man like me, give up, and place an order with a comparable competitor who can fill orders in the order they are received.

Matt Bagne

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Alfa Romeo Quadrifoglio, Ford Bronco on order
Country flag
I ordered my GTPE in February and was scheduled for production last week.

Chiboyal

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium eAWD ER
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
We had 2021 MMEs delivered as recently as March and tons of orders going back as far October.

That being said, there seems to be no logic to how Ford is deciding which orders are being assigned build dates. So you could be like me and have an identical configuration, only to see it get selected next month whereas may still be waiting.

I suspect if you agreed to pay more than MSRP that this will factor quite heavily in your favor. The dealership has incentive to prioritize it and FoMoCo has incentive to keep the dealership happy.

If you didn't agree to pay more, be prepared to get angry every couple of weeks when FoMoCo assigns another batch of build dates to orders placed well after yours. Eventually, you'll become a bitter old man like me, give up, and place an order with a comparable competitor who can fill orders in the order they are received.
Fortunately, I can keep driving my ‘19 RAV4 for now and still be patient.

ThatGuyLando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 CR1
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
Lol November order here with a non-refundable deposit, pretty sure I'm getting the run-around now to see if I cancel and they keep that deposit at my dealer since there's an issue with the order according to ford support, yet my dealer insists they can't change anything.

Petey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 EV6 GT-Line, 2022 Premium AWD ER (I hope!)
Country flag
Oct 4 and still waiting. Y'all need to chill / simmer down. ;)
Sponsored