Is anyone else frustrated just how angry the ICE Mustang crowd is with the Mach-e?

AlpaChino

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium eAWD Ext Range, Rapid Red
Country flag
I'll never understand allowing a brand decision to affect someone's behavior in a way that is just toxic for anyone wanting a great electric car that isn't a Tesla.

Do I want to be in a local Mustang chapter? No. Do I think the Mach-e deserves respect for being a fantastic car that people actually want? Yeah, I do. Ford is to be commended for taking risk at an uncertain time and delivering a great car. Not a perfect car, but a great one.

I have found the comments and snubs from the ICE Mustang community to be disheartening, unwarranted, and overly personal for no reason at all. They may not like the fact that this vehicle shares design elements with the Mustang, but to be so offended by a name that it brings out such toxicity is something I find repulsive, childish, and sad. I'd love to learn more about ICE Mustangs directly from their owners, but this territorial bullshit turns me off from that idea quickly.

At the end of the day, I love my Mustang Mach-e. It fits my family, it's high quality, looks good, and it's a thrill to drive. Thank you Ford, and thanks all for giving this venting a read.

PXL_20210614_174937225.jpg
Sponsored

Badger_Prof

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prior--Leaf,Bolt EV. Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
I'll never understand allowing a brand decision to affect someone's behavior in a way that is just toxic for anyone wanting a great electric car that isn't a Tesla.

Do I want to be in a local Mustang chapter? No. Do I think the Mach-e deserves respect for being a fantastic car that people actually want? Yeah, I do. Ford is to be commended for taking risk at an uncertain time and delivering a great car. Not a perfect car, but a great one.

I have found the comments and snubs from the ICE Mustang community to be disheartening, unwarranted, and overly personal for no reason at all. They may not like the fact that this vehicle shares design elements with the Mustang, but to be so offended by a name that it brings out such toxicity is something I find repulsive, childish, and sad. I'd love to learn more about ICE Mustangs directly from their owners, but this territorial bullshit turns me off from that idea quickly.

At the end of the day, I love my Mustang Mach-e. It fits my family, it's high quality, looks good, and it's a thrill to drive. Thank you Ford, and thanks all for giving this venting a read.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Is anyone else frustrated just how angry the ICE Mustang crowd is with the Mach-e? PXL_20210614_174937225
That has not been my experience. Every ”real” Mustang owner I have encountered has been very positive, nice, and interested. When they are driving, they tend to give me a thumbs up. When parked, they ask to take a look. Maybe I just live in a polite part of the world but I have seen nothing but positive from other Mustang owners.

phidauex

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE 4EX, 2006 Prius, 1997 Tacoma
Occupation
Renewable Energy Engineer
Country flag
I think most of the ICE Mustang crowd isn't actually unhappy, just a vocal minority who would have been unhappy if literally anything changed.

I've been pleasantly surprised at how many members of this forum own other Mustangs, everything from great classics to modern performance pack GTs - shows how many "real Mustang owners" are actually excited by the Mach-E and on board. I think an early poll showed that something over 50% of the people on the forum with Mach-E reservations already owned another Mustang.

oadesign

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oaddesign.com
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium Extended Range RWD
Occupation
Interactive Design Director
Country flag
A cycling friend of mine is a Mustang loyalist who has owned several of them. He’s also a Division 1 NHRA drag Racer, and is damn successful too, typically winning almost every time he goes to the track.

When I mentioned to him that I’d ordered a MME, I wondered what his reaction would be, but surprisingly he said, “Let me know how you like it…I’d like to check it out when you get it.”

so I suppose there is hope for the ICE Mustang crowd after all!
Ford Mustang Mach-E Is anyone else frustrated just how angry the ICE Mustang crowd is with the Mach-e? 0ADCAFD3-3A23-4216-95D9-F8A96D0AC0CD

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
I haven’t experienced any negativity irl. A few people saying they wished the electric mustang were a coupe. But all the open derision seems to be online by people with nothing better to do.

Only small minded people allow themselves to be upset by small minded people. If you’re allowing it to bother you, then you’re being as oddly emotionally invested in it as the haters are. Enjoy your car.

imstriker

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2021 Infinite Blue
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
On Saturday nights here all summer we have an anything goes impromptu car show with about 50-100 cars and lots of people. We frunkgated two weeks ago and had nothing but positives. Several people were excited to see the car and many didn't care. No negative at all.

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
I don’t consider my Mach-E a Mustang. I did take it to the Mustang Day rally here in Detroit, and the worst I encountered from anyone was 2 people that thought it looked nice, but shouldn’t have been labeled a Mustang. If you’re getting venom, I’d look at what Energy you are bringing to the interaction, if you walk in ready for a fight, you’re likely to find a fight.

p.s. Just because I don’t consider my Mach-E a “Mustang” doesn’t mean I don’t love it… literally the only thing I would change is the name.

p.p.s. The fact that I don’t consider it a ”Mustang” doesn't mean that you shouldn’t either.

c max

First Name
phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Premium Rapid Red
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I get more reactions from guys driving Mustangs than other cars and have always gotten a thumbs up from them......in fact the only somewhat negative comment was from some old dude like me at a garden center who said "it's nice but it isn't really a Mustang"......

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I've now taken Marlin to a Mustang show, a performance car road rally, and a Cars & Coffee event. I haven't encountered any outright hostility. I have heard a number of folks say it should have just been called the Mach E, or maybe the Galaxy, just not fond of the use of the Mustang name. I've even won one of those folks over after he saw how quick it was!

Cobra427

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost, 2022 Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
"If I am to be offended, I must first value your opinion." -- Doc Holliday

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Not too concerned if they are happy or not as I did not buy it for them or because of its name. It was its tech (clean low maintenance cheaper fuel) and that it was to be quick. Both have been realized and it is the first vehicle I can say that I wouldn't want to be in anything else. Quite and quick ............ see ya I am out of here ;). vvvvvvvVVVVV gone.

Scrannel

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Sport Diesel. Tesla Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Screenwriter
Country flag
I think you have missed the worst of the anti-EV pile-on. Lots of Teslas getting keyed and just generally messed up. I was at a track a couple weekends ago where my son was shooting a rock video -- cars drifting all that. One of the ICE crowd volunteered that "them 1'ectric cars is all sheep cars!" I asked him if he wanted to race my 'sheep' (Model 3 Performance) and he just walked off. Coal-rolling? Slashing Tesla tires? Glad you missed it.

exact33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E, Fusion
Country flag
I don't really pay much attention. I bought the car to enjoy it and what others think of the name is waaaay down the list of things to worry about.
Sponsored