Is anyone else frustrated just how angry the ICE Mustang crowd is with the Mach-e?

Scrannel

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Sport Diesel. Tesla Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Screenwriter
Country flag
That's how most EV owners feel -- and that's why the lunk-heads started attacking the cars physically. They weren't getting enough attention.
Sponsored

PrimeFuture

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium RWD ER, 2013 Ford Focus
Country flag
I've received nothing but positivity IRL from Mustang owners. Plenty of random highway racing too, with drivers smiling and happy to see what the Mach-E can do. The only "hate" I've seen is on the internet, which isn't surprising since everyone is more of an asshole online.

Timelessblur

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E AWD Premium Extend Range RR
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
I get a lot of comments about my Mach E out there and most people are just excited to see it as for the most part Mach E are fairly rare right now on the road plus have a lot attention.
I only had to really got crap from 2 people. One was complaining about it not being a mustang blah blah while he was driving some beat up cheap eco box (I vote jealous) and was complaining to his friend about it not being a mustang. The other was a GT owner who gave me a little crap to which I responded with. "Yeah but off the line it is going to drop you GT like a red head step child plus it is a hell of a lot more useful as a family car. Plus it is really fun to drive." While I proceed to put my daughter in the back seat. That one was more just reminding him that they are fast.

Either way they are few and far between.

Kevin P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MMEGT - sold, '23 BMW i4 M50, various others
Occupation
IT
Country flag
If you believe all the vitriol in the comments seen online, Ford may as well stop selling Mustangs because the Mach-E has ruined it for everyone. Bunch of dorks. I am trying to figure out how to drive my 88 Fox body, 2010 GT500, and upcoming MME GT to a car show all at once. Seems like it will be a challenge though ;) As social media has proliferated, the number of a#$holes has increased exponentially. Used to be if you talked like that, you got punched in the mouth. Now you can insult and so on to your heart's content with few repercussions.

mburtsvt

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just 1 Rapid Red Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I get more side-eyes from the Tesla "Y" crowd than the Mustang crowd. My neighbor has a "Y".......for now.

Mach-Tony

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Carbonized Grey Premium AWD
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
For the internet trolls, they have all received so much hate for being a Mustang owner. Like, literally everyone else dislikes Mustang owners and how they are the worst drivers that crash into crowds of people and telephone poles in the middle of nowhere... So yeah, maybe not being a real mustang is a blessing in disguise!

JB20

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Jeep JLU Sport S
Country flag
They just need to remember that Mustang is now the brand name. The models are Mustang and Mach E. They have done the same with the Bronco line.....as well as Dodge/Fiat making Ram their own brand. In a nutshell it is now the Mustang Mustang and the Mustang Mach E.

krazieboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag
When the Mach e was first announced, i was like wth, that's not a mustang!!! that changed fast. now i want to sell my mustang eco for a mach e. heh.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I get a lot of comments about my Mach E out there and most people are just excited to see it as for the most part Mach E are fairly rare right now on the road plus have a lot attention.
I only had to really got crap from 2 people. One was complaining about it not being a mustang blah blah while he was driving some beat up cheap eco box (I vote jealous) and was complaining to his friend about it not being a mustang. The other was a GT owner who gave me a little crap to which I responded with. "Yeah but off the line it is going to drop you GT like a red head step child plus it is a hell of a lot more useful as a family car. Plus it is really fun to drive." While I proceed to put my daughter in the back seat. That one was more just reminding him that they are fast.

Either way they are few and far between.
Personally, I consider the Mach E much more a Mustang than the Mustang II or the Fox bodies, so if they are the ones slinging mud I'll just snicker to myself.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
None of us is Edsel Ford (unless Edsel is lurking here). Pretty sure none of us were on the committee that spec’d, brainstormed, or designed the car. If both cases are true, none of us had a say in the name anyhow.

Ma9573

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: Mach E CA Rte1
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
The best conversations I've had about the Mach E are with people that know about it and are excited to finally see it in the wild. Tesla/Bolt owners in particular in SF have all been excited about it and generally chat me up for 10-15 minutes. Zero hate at all from folks that already have gone electric (actually, zero hate period if I'm being honest).

The people that come up to me because of the look and are trying to figure out what the heck it is are also enjoyable, but I spend the first 5 minutes having to describe that it's electric, a Ford, and a mustang in name only ?