Is anyone else frustrated just how angry the ICE Mustang crowd is with the Mach-e?

Eraser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium RWD | SR
Country flag
Aside from one MY owner starring me down and trying to race me on the freeway, I've had only positive comments and interactions with others. I lost track of how many times I see people doing double takes walking by my car, or taking pictures of it.

I've never owned a Ford vehicle in my life, nor have I never had any Ford vehicle on my radar for purchase until the Mach-E. The Mustang name means nothing to me as I have no history with Ford or Mustang. If purists want to complain about the name, I get it, but it really makes no difference to me. I don't need validation from complete strangers on my purchase decision. Let the haters hate.
Sponsored

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
If you believe all the vitriol in the comments seen online, Ford may as well stop selling Mustangs because the Mach-E has ruined it for everyone. Bunch of dorks. I am trying to figure out how to drive my 88 Fox body, 2010 GT500, and upcoming MME GT to a car show all at once. Seems like it will be a challenge though ;) As social media has proliferated, the number of a#$holes has increased exponentially. Used to be if you talked like that, you got punched in the mouth. Now you can insult and so on to your heart's content with few repercussions.
Yeah, it used to be “If you can’t see eye to eye you better be able to stand toe to toe”. Sadly there are way too many keyboard warriors out there.

markystarky

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME, 2011 Honda Ridgeline, 2002 Chrysler Conv
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I ran into a local Mustang club member who invited me to a meet nearby. There were about a dozen ICE mustangs and a couple dozen people milling around. For a few minutes my car was the star of the show. Everyone seemed positive and even invited me to check out the club and other meets they have.

Deleted member 3569

Yes sir !!! I attended a get together with the Mid Florida Mustang Club in Oviedo ... and got a rather luke warm reception. The club photographer took shots of vehicles on both sides where I was parked but never posted my Mach-e on their event publication, even though the one next to mine wasn't even a Mustang but a Dodge Challenger!

1B126734-7444-4FCD-BFA2-893EBDD61919.jpeg

Dtresca

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
I get more reactions from guys driving Mustangs than other cars and have always gotten a thumbs up from them......in fact the only somewhat negative comment was from some old dude like me at a garden center who said "it's nice but it isn't really a Mustang"......
Same! One of those thumbs up was right after I beat the guy off the line from light to light.

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
I don't think I could possibly care less.
Sponsored