Is charging free for the fist two years at Ford Charging Stations?

Shelbeast

First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GT Delivered 9/9/22, GT500
Occupation
Sausage Maker
Country flag
Hello all. Just put an order in and was doing some research. The Ford website language is a little confusing, but is charging free for the fist two years at Ford Charging Stations?

Thanks!

-RJ
Sponsored

djjerv91

First Name
Jonathon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium RWD ER Infinite Blue
Country flag
no, you'll receive 250kWh to use at Electrify America and that's it.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Which is roughly the equivalent of driving 750 miles.

Spooky

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Sorta wondered if all the free charging sites I see in the apps were this (Ford's 250kWh free) or just plain old free, guess the latter as we don't have many EA sites around here.

Do those 250kWh expire? Not sure we will need enough charge on the road at EA spots for awhile.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
OP
OP

Shelbeast

First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Sausage Maker
Country flag
The FordPass Charging Network, now called the Blue Oval Charge Network, has close to 20,000 charging locations. Access to it is free for 2 years, after which Ford may charge for access. One stop charging, paid for via the card you have stored at Ford. https://www.ford.com/trucks/f150/f150-lightning/2022/features/ev-charging/blueoval-charge-network/

The 250 free kWh are EA are different, and they also have a 2 year expiration.
Thanks!!!! That is what i read and looking for. I have 3 behind my house in the shopping strip. Two DC chargers a few miles down the road @ the Ford dealership.

My plan was to park, charge, and ride my bike home or walk.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It would be unusual if the Ford dealership chargers were DC fast chargers. It would also be a surprise if they were not free.

Make sure you are not confusing free access to a one stop charging account with free charging sessions.
Blue Oval Charge Network is how you utilize the network of chargers, vs. having an EA account, a ChargePoint account, an EVGo account.... Charging sessions may be free or may cost money. A hotel may have a free charger on the ChargePoint network. A convenience store may have a charger on the ChargePoint network that isn't free.

OP
OP

Shelbeast

First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Sausage Maker
Country flag
You sure the Ford dealership has DC chargers? Those are pretty expensive to install. I’ve only seen / heard of dealers with L2 AC charging options.
Yes. Go to the interactive map, put in Frederick, Maryland and select Blue Oval and DC Fast Charge. 2 show up. It's where the Ford dealership is. I made an assumption they would only be at at the dealership.

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Thanks!!!! That is what i read and looking for. I have 3 behind my house in the shopping strip. Two DC chargers a few miles down the road @ the Ford dealership.

Access to the network is free. Electricity from them is still going to cost real money.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Yes. Go to the interactive map, put in Frederick, Maryland and select Blue Oval and DC Fast Charge. 2 show up. It's where the Ford dealership is. I made an assumption they would only be at at the dealership.
Frederick Motor Co? This one? https://www.plugshare.com/location/19772
Plugshare shows it as a Level-2.

Plugshare is a great site to know when looking up chargers.

WWJPD

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE
Country flag

Ford just aggregates locations together and for some chargers lets you pay through Ford, but you don't get free electricity from them. Just the "privilege" of using them to pay whatever the owner of the charging station is charging you for electricity. Now you may be able to use the Ford dealer chargers and they may be free, but I have found that most dealerships block chargers with ICE vehicles or turn them off during non-business hours, so I just don't ever use/depend on them.
Sponsored