Is Ford getting better at installing the pano roof?

OttawaGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD SR, F150 XLT Special Edition
Occupation
Busy!
Country flag
So after having read the misaligned and the gasket/seal positioning issues on the pano roofs, I was anxious (and scared) to see mine come in.

Dealer emailed yesterday saying it had just been unloaded so I stopped by this morning. And while my wife was all interested about the color and the inside, my attention (after saying how dirty it was... Guess spending a month parked outside in Mexico does that to a car) went to the pano roof

I'll post pics once I get it, but I'm satisfied, at first glance it looks well positioned, equally on the left and right side but mostly, even if the roof does stick up over the windshield it has a gasket that covers the entire thickness of the glass...

So is Ford getting better at assembling it... Or I'm I just plain lucky???
Sponsored

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
So after having read the misaligned and the gasket/seal positioning issues on the pano roofs, I was anxious (and scared) to see mine come in.

Dealer emailed yesterday saying it had just been unloaded so I stopped by this morning. And while my wife was all interested about the color and the inside, my attention (after saying how dirty it was... Guess spending a month parked outside in Mexico does that to a car) went to the pano roof

I'll post pics once I get it, but I'm satisfied, at first glance it looks well positioned, equally on the left and right side but mostly, even if the roof does stick up over the windshield it has a gasket that covers the entire thickness of the glass...

So is Ford getting better at assembling it... Or I'm I just plain lucky???
Neither probably. While there are people with misaligned sunroofs, they're not a majority of customers. This is not to belittle their real issues. The way your sunroof is attached is the way they are supposed to be.

Last edited:

zvez

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Metallic RWD, standard range
Occupation
retired
Country flag
interesting, the panel roof alignment was the first thing I looked at when getting my car a few days ago. Perfectly straight and even all the way across. Additionally I didn't notice any buffeting noise at high speed either.

I also did a walk around and was impressed by the quality of the paint and fit and finish of the panels. One thing my dealer did that has got to go, those locking lug nuts (they're ford) are hideous and stick out an inch from the other nuts. So dealer is going to get me the four regular ones. I'm just not that worried about someone stealing the wheels.

OP
OP
OttawaGuy

OttawaGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Busy!
Country flag
interesting, the panel roof alignment was the first thing I looked at when getting my car a few days ago. Perfectly straight and even all the way across. Additionally I didn't notice any buffeting noise at high speed either.

I also did a walk around and was impressed by the quality of the paint and fit and finish of the panels. One thing my dealer did that has got to go, those locking lug nuts (they're ford) are hideous and stick out an inch from the other nuts. So dealer is going to get me the four regular ones. I'm just not that worried about someone stealing the wheels.

Had told my dealer a few days ago to not put them on.... If someone wants to steal my wheels, then just go ahead!!!!

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Mine was a really early (mid-February) delivery and the roof panel seems positioned fine. I think what you are seeing is a lot of discussion from a relatively few individuals.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
Mine was a really early (mid-February) delivery and the roof panel seems positioned fine. I think what you are seeing is a lot of discussion from a relatively few individuals.
Are we even seeing much discussion about it? Seemed like a much livelier topic about a few months ago but appears to have died down. It’s possible Ford made some refinements with later builds.

The other bedeviling build issue - screen buzz - appears to still be going strong.

OP
OP
OttawaGuy

OttawaGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Busy!
Country flag
Are we even seeing much discussion about it? Seemed like a much livelier topic about a few months ago but appears to have died down. It’s possible Ford made some refinements with later builds.

The other bedeviling build issue - screen buzz - appears to still be going strong.

That's the 2nd thing I am anxious to find out... Couldn't drive it yesterday...

It might just mean I'll have to pull up the volume!!

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Yep. Installing wheel locks on these is a solution to a problem that doesn’t exist.
Yeah, I am more worried about some jerk drilling into the taillights and siphoning out the exta-heavy-duty blinker fluid my dealer put in. That stuff cost me $300!

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD Long Range
Country flag
If my screen buzz then my hearing is not good enough to hear it.

OP
OP
OttawaGuy

OttawaGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Busy!
Country flag
If my screen buzz then my hearing is not good enough to hear it.
Mine does

Annoying if you focus on it but with music on, it doesn't bother me that much

If they find a fix, I'll line up for one

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD Long Range
Country flag
I road tested one Mach-E, VIN in the 18XXX, where the pano roof was sticking out 3/8”. Very noisy at highway speed.
Sponsored