First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Camry
Country flag
OK, still learning my Mach-E but here are some early observations:
- Instructions on how to set radio stations as presets and favorites for AM, FM, and XM needs work.

- When I stop the car and then return later, my Sirius XM station moves to station 2 or so.

- I would like to set up the % I want my battery to charge on the screen. I may not have my phone handy to do it via Ford Pass. A screen setting seems obvious.

- Manual does not address the fact that one can open trunk by pressing key fob twice (trunk symbol)

- Need software setting in an easy to find spot that one activates prior to entering a automatic car wash. I am not clear what settings I have to change prior to entering an automatic car wash. Should the car wash also tape the charge door shut similar to what is done with rear wipers? at least one Mach-E owner’s door was ripped off.

- Suggest Owners Manual in Ford Pass and in the vehicle be updated periodically and assigned an edition number similar to iPhone updates.

- What is that button I can press in the charge port opening?

- Vehicle headlamp instructions are inadequate. EXAMPLE C. AUTOLAMPS ON —- What does this mean? What lights are on for each setting? If a bulb is burned out, it is not as easy to tell if I don’t know what should be on.

- Owner’s manual addresses “Normal Cruise Control”. I do not have it on my screen.

- Please provide more clarity on what % one can charge the car battery using 110 volt. I am plugging it in my garage and letting her rip until I unplug it. Is 100% ok?

_ Please update software so an owner can change the remote access code set up in PAAK and also add functionality to enable one to set it up for the first time if it was not done in PAAK set up. Ours was not set up while at dealership and we are scared to start over by deleting phones and start the setup all over from there. If one can change the five digit door access code, why not the “dash instead of a key” code?

Please invite senior citizen volunteers to participate in reviewing vehicle owner manuals ahead of time and also to review layouts on the big screen.

How will you inform car owners of software updates that really change screen appearances? I hate it when my iPhone does that. Example: The alarm clock app. I can just hear my wife complain some day that the screen has changed in the Mach-E from what she was used to.

Does the Owner’s Manual clearly differentiate features found on the Premium version but not on a lower priced model?

I want my speedometer to always be in the middle, no matter what other settings I make. Let the owner decide if they want to keep it in the middel.

Perhaps a software update will provide an owner with more information on how the battery was wasted or how much regeneration occured (example Prius).
I am unclear if one pedal helps regeneration.

Is there an easy way to see how many KWH I used on a road trip in case a friend who joined me wants to reimburse me for “electric gas?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
Personally I’d rather Ford fix the bugs before revising the owner manual. Answers to a few of your requests....

- I would like to set up the % I want my battery to charge on the screen. I may not have my phone handy to do it via Ford Pass. A screen setting seems obvious.
You can do that on the car screen. Go to Settings > Charging and make charge profile.

- Need software setting in an easy to find spot that one activates prior to entering a automatic car wash. I am not clear what settings I have to change prior to entering an automatic car wash. Should the car wash also tape the charge door shut similar to what is done with rear wipers? at least one Mach-E owner’s door was ripped off.
Don’t use car washes. People have lost wipers, doors. The one I took it though my little plastic door on the front bumper popped open.

- What is that button I can press in the charge port opening?
That unlocks the DCFC plug. Not needed for home charging.

- Vehicle headlamp instructions are inadequate. EXAMPLE C. AUTOLAMPS ON —- What does this mean? What lights are on for each setting? If a bulb is burned out, it is not as easy to tell if I don’t know what should be on.
It means the headlamps come on automatically when it get dark. Stick to that setting.

- Please provide more clarity on what % one can charge the car battery using 110 volt. I am plugging it in my garage and letting her rip until I unplug it. Is 100% ok?
“Letting her rip” - on 110v. LOL. That’ll add about 3mi per hour. Ou gotta get 240v service installed to your garage. To prolong battery life, you’re probably better off capping your charges at 90%

Please invite senior citizen volunteers to participate in reviewing vehicle owner manuals ahead of time and also to review layouts on the big screen.
Ok Boomer.

I want my speedometer to always be in the middle, no matter what other settings I make. Let the owner decide if they want to keep it in the middel.
Would be nice.

Perhaps a software update will provide an owner with more information on how the battery was wasted or how much regeneration occured (example Prius).
I am unclear if one pedal helps regeneration.
Look at your trip computer.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
many of your complaints are addressed in the manual.

Last edited:

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
As I'm still waiting on my reservation, I haven't seen the manual, but I found this post to be funny.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag