Is Infinite Blue permanently discontinued?

prdude

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Space White w/Gray MME Prem ER RWD, 01 Miata
Occupation
engineer
Country flag
Not having a readily available blue just isn't right imo.
Agree. I'm really a blue car guy. But I didn't want the FE, as much as I love GB. And once I saw IB in person, I didn't think it was blue enough for me and changed to SW. I would love to have been able to order a RWD ER in GB.
Sponsored

MachTee

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium Infinite Blue SR AWD
Country flag
It could happen. Sweep up the ashes and toss them in. :p

I may be getting old Mark, but I genuinely do not understand the 11 shades of grey trends. Seems to me there should be a white, a red, a blue, a grey, and then a few other variations to round it out. Unless they're making grabber blues available for 2022 (Please no, it should be a special color), they're sort of missing. Just my opinion, I've been known to be wrong.
I sure thought there were 12 shades. I'm quite terrible with colors. When I first saw an IB MME at the dealer, I thought it was gray ? So IB really is the perfect color for me since I favor a lighter shade of gray or a deeper blue on my car.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I had a chance to test drive the Mach e yesterday (Select AWD) and really enjoyed it. The dealer I visited had several Selects on the lot including an Infinite Blue which my wife and I thought was the nicest color. I hadn't seen that color whenever I tried to build it on the website and so searched here only to learn that it has been discontinued. Does anyone know if that is permanent? I was wondering if anyone here was aware of any talk of bringing it back at some point?

As an aside, I really enjoyed my test drive. I have an 8 yr old Audi Q5 and I like the general ride of that car including handling and suspension. Apart from the obvious power train difference and what I thought was tighter handling, I did find the suspension to be comparable which was a plus for me (I recall a few similar comments on posts that I've read). My plan is to order the Premium AWD with extended range battery, just need to figure out color. This forum has been invaluable in helping me learn about the car and its features (warts and all, which fortunately don't strike me as deal breakers), so thanks to all.
Were you at Fullerton Ford?

They have an IB on the lot but since it's select and not extended battery it's a red headed step child. They said they are having a hard time selling the selects and now ever more so over the 5K rebate coming back. I am sure they will sell them but they are not flying off the shelf as they would say.

I was there last Friday looking at the Bronco (test drive) and a couple was taking a test drive in the IB, but said they were going to wait for 22 to see if IB comes back. I suspect it's not going to, why they got rid of it is a mystery to me. If the FE was offered in IB I would have gone with that over RR.

OP
OP

RMoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, Toyota Sienna, 2022 Mach e
Country flag
I agree that it seems like some version of blue should be part of any car's color palette. To that end, I'm betting that Infinite Blue makes a comeback in the 2022 model.

BTW, I had an Infinite Blue order prior to it being discontinued and I wondered if that contributed to what was a relatively quick build: I ordered Feb 23 and build was May 30. Maybe the pending discontinuation had something to do with that?
I was also wondering about 2022 and am tempted to wait before ordering both for the color reason and because I'm not sure it makes sense to get a 2021 close to the time that the 2022s are being ordered and made.

OP
OP

RMoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, Toyota Sienna, 2022 Mach e
Country flag
Were you at Fullerton Ford?
No, but I did talk to them and likely would ultimately work with them when the time comes based on that conversation and feedback here.

MYOUTH

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln MKX, Proud Owner of a Premium SR RWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The 2005 Mustang only had Wind Vail blue for just one year

Reactions: UW2

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
It could happen. Sweep up the ashes and toss them in. :p

I may be getting old Mark, but I genuinely do not understand the 11 shades of grey trends. Seems to me there should be a white, a red, a blue, a grey, and then a few other variations to round it out. Unless they're making grabber blues available for 2022 (Please no, it should be a special color), they're sort of missing. Just my opinion, I've been known to be wrong.
They also need a nice green for the Mach-E, something like the Persian Green they have for the Escape.

theo1000

First Name
Theo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 2021 IB, Audi Etron, Chevy Volt, BMW I3,
Country flag
... yes for a nice green. Also a nice dark Ochre or Tan.

Reactions: ARK

TruWrecks

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Star White Premium AWD Ext (Ghost Stallion)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I was wondering if anyone here was aware of any talk of bringing it back at some point?
I know where a AWD ER Premium in Infinite Blue is that is currently for sale if you really want one. But it is in Oregon.

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Country flag
How is popularity of a color defined? I suspect if prices and availability were not a consideration popular colors would be vastly different. My choice of Infinite Blue was because it was the only "color" beside Red which my wife's car already is...
Most cars are bought off the lot and the color is picked by a dealer wanting to maximize sales. White and gray are pretty safe choices from the dealers' perspective, since it's likely 2nd or 3rd choice even for people who want something distinctive. Someone who wants blue may pass on orange or green, but will settle for white.

My personal favorite was 50's Bel Air with baby blue and white roof.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Is Infinite Blue permanently discontinued? 1627591110806

DYohn

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium Ex
Country flag
Most cars are bought off the lot and the color is picked by a dealer wanting to maximize sales. White and gray are pretty safe choices from the dealers' perspective, since it's likely 2nd or 3rd choice even for people who want something distinctive. Someone who wants blue may pass on orange or green, but will settle for white.

My personal favorite was 50's Bel Air with baby blue and white roof.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Is Infinite Blue permanently discontinued? 1627591110806
I think that's a Del Ray isn't it? But I agree I love that color combo.