Is it just me or is my premium getting less bouncy.

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 4X, ‘14 SS Sedan tuned, ‘17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
I think the 4X nails the ride/handling balance but I always prefer tighter damping rates, so, there’s the subjectivity aspect. We also optioned ours with summer tires. Historically, Ford has tended towards under-damping the strut/shock tuning on Mustang GT coupes except for the track models. The S550 changed that to some extent though.
Sponsored

seattledan206

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E (Ordered), Mazda MX5 Club Model, Mazda CX3,
Occupation
Real Estate Photographer
Country flag
I'm going to guess that some company is going to come out with aftermarket suspension parts soon, so you can change the ride.

67 Stang Convertible

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mustang, 2013 Kia Optima, 2018 Kia Sportage
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
I am wondering if my suspension is breaking in. I really hated the bounciness of my premium. Maybe I am getting used to it but at 6700 mi or so it seems less bouncy.
Does anyone else think their suspension has mellowed out? Wondering if I have Stockholm syndrome.
Interesting question. I'm still under 3000 miles but felt it was improving. However, I was chalking it up to "getting use to it". Hard to tell. I switched from Unbridled to Engage; not sure if that made a difference or my mind was just making me believe it did. ?

ShadowCVL

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Grand Cherokee, GMC Sierra, MME Premium
Occupation
IT and Electronics
Country flag
Ive only really had it bouncy on concrete, but all 3 of my vehicles have some bounce on the concrete i am talking about, the other 2 are just higher with more forgiving suspension i guess.

MailGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt Premier, Mini Cooper SE, Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
Feels more settled to me overall, but still present on I-5 and I-90 in the concrete zones. I’m now at 8,000 miles with tires at 39 (cold).

MachTee

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium Infinite Blue SR AWD
Country flag
I wondered if because of the weight of the vehicle they had to compromise on the suspension. It would be great if it was a planned shift over time. The weight must be tough to deal with. I have a friend with a Tesla 3 who thinks the ride is way to stiff/harsh.
No way. I traded a model 3 for my MME. On my test drive I drove the car on some rough pavement nearby. My immediate thought was how much better the MME soaks up everything and is far quieter. I have 10k miles on my MME now and I no longer find the ride bouncy.

bellyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME FE & '23 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
I am 8,800 miles in with my MME AWD ER and it is still extremely harsh and bouncy. What has improved the situation is that I know largely when I can expect to hit rough patches/potholes or harmonic bounces on concrete expressways for routes I drive regularly, so it no longer comes as a surprise. I am thrown for a loop (and my dog in the trunk is sometimes literally thrown) when we are on roadways that we have not driven before and hit rough/bouncy patches. I think the fact that I can now anticipate spots in my routine drives that I should avoid or slow down for, etc., has helped me to be a bit less uncomfortable at times. The ride itself has not improved at all though in the miles that I have put on it, just that I know how to handle it physically/emotionally and am less surprised when it does happen.

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD Long Range
Country flag
After 12,000 km the ride is definitely better now than it was when new.

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
The ride on my FE has settled down from what it was when new. It is still somewhat stiff, but not bouncy like it was the first month or two.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
No way. I traded a model 3 for my MME. On my test drive I drove the car on some rough pavement nearby. My immediate thought was how much better the MME soaks up everything and is far quieter. I have 10k miles on my MME now and I no longer find the ride bouncy.
Agreed. When I dropped my Mach-E off for some repairs, my Uber happened to be a 2021 Model 3. Still a JOKE why people like this car. My friend has a 2018 that's so loud and he keeps preaching how the new ones have the better glass or whatever, yeah right, it was so loud. And the suspension is a nightmare. I hate the bounciness in the MME which is pushing me to want a GTPE, but the M3 is unreal. I couldn't even hold my phone still at all going 65 on the freeway in the backseat.

Plus, his car beeped at him 3 times, while he was driving no ACC on, that it had to take control for safety reasons, yet he was driving perfect in the carpool lane. Even he was looking at the screen like wtf is going on. So funny how everyone preaches they have the software down and all this bs, they're still crappy cars, even the software.

OP
OP
Redundant

Redundant

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X-Space White, 1 Ford Flex, 2 Ford Escapes
Country flag
My syntax was bad, my friend was commenting on his 3 being too harsh. So, he agrees with you. I will have to take him for a ride in mine for him to see if he likes it better.

craniosyn

First Name
Serge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I have a GT and I can definitely tell that the suspension changes between all the modes. Most noticeable from unbridled to whisper. Interestingly I’ve also noticed that on whisper the car changes not only the suspension stiffness but also the steering feel and it seems to feel front wheel drive -ish especially when it you floor it from the stop. Do you guys agree?
BTW I cannot drive the car on the highway in any other mode other then whisper, otherwise it is super nauseating. And to that fact any time I drive my wife it has to be in whisper. Lol

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
I have a GT and I can definitely tell that the suspension changes between all the modes. Most noticeable from unbridled to whisper. Interestingly I’ve also noticed that on whisper the car changes not only the suspension stiffness but also the steering feel and it seems to feel front wheel drive -ish especially when it you floor it from the stop. Do you guys agree?
BTW I cannot drive the car on the highway in any other mode other then whisper, otherwise it is super nauseating. And to that fact any time I drive my wife it has to be in whisper. Lol
I'm pretty sure only the GTPE Editions with MagneRide have any change to the suspension system between the modes; the others are tuned differently between non-GT and GT, but they're the same across their drive modes.

I've seen good reports that the modes change steering weight and accelerator mapping in all trims, the MagneRide suspension firmness in the GTPE, and I've read now twice--and I don't know that I've seen this confirmed from Ford anywhere--that Unbridled mode "relaxes" the traction control. I'd really like to see confirmation on that one, because I like Unbridled's deceleration in 1PD and its tight steering, but I want my full traction control, thanks.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
I dropped my Premium ER order and got a GT partly because it seemed people reported the GT (not the GTPE, which is the best from a bounce perspective) was less bouncy. I drove it home on Monday and it is definitely bouncy. My wife rode with me yesterday and she said "we cannot take this car on trips". Crap. I want to take it on trips! So it is encouraging that many are posting here that it settles down. Makes sense that it would. Crossing fingers and toes.

louibluey

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE "Louibluey" GB
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Can a premium get a magneride suspension installed or are you talking about getting a GT?
Magneride is only available so far in the GTPE, the performance edition. I wish we could have it in a premium, I really like my first edition otherwise.
Sponsored