Is it normal for the dealer to have a supposed delivery date for me when the online tracker still doesn't even show a production date?

veronicablack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD ER Dark Matter Gray
Country flag
I ordered from the dealer directly instead of online (which I somewhat regret, but whatever). So I've been stuck using the shop.ford.com tracking stuff instead of any kind of tracking from my Ford account.

I ordered mid June and earlier this month I called my dealer to see if he had any info on my production date. To my surprise, he got back to me with a delivery date in November!

But when I track it myself, I still just see that the order was accepted and nothing else. My dealer has been cool so I don't really think he's lying but I'm just confused why he has so much more info than me. I get maybe getting the info a bit earlier than publicly available stuff, but I don't even have a production date or a window sticker yet. How am I supposed to be taking delivery in less than 2 months?

Has anyone else had something similar happen?
Sponsored

Anvesh11

First Name
Anvesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red MME RWD Ext Battery, 2016 Altima
Country flag
Did he provide you with a VIN? If not, ask for it and plug it into the tracker on this forum. https://www.macheforum.com/site/pages/tracker/
Confirm the car specs and that it is what you ordered.
Also, ask him for the vehicle visibility report too.

If nothing else, you still have Archie and his Jalopy to drive you around town. :)

OP
OP
veronicablack

veronicablack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Did he provide you with a VIN? If not, ask for it and plug it into the tracker on this forum. https://www.macheforum.com/site/pages/tracker/
Confirm the car specs and that it is what you ordered.
Also, ask him for the vehicle visibility report too.

If nothing else, you still have Archie and his Jalopy to drive you around town. :)
Yup have the VIN and on all the trackers I've used it still just shows it as order accepted. What is the vehicle visibility report exactly? I've heard others talk about it but just assumed it was basically the same info we get but maybe with a bit of an advance before it gets updated on their consumer side tracker.

And haha actually the reason for the username is that my current car (ICE Mustang) is named Betty. So the new Mach E will be Veronica.

Anvesh11

First Name
Anvesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red MME RWD Ext Battery, 2016 Altima
Country flag
Yup have the VIN and on all the trackers I've used it still just shows it as order accepted. What is the vehicle visibility report exactly? I've heard others talk about it but just assumed it was basically the same info we get but maybe with a bit of an advance before it gets updated on their consumer side tracker.

And haha actually the reason for the username is that my current car (ICE Mustang) is named Betty. So the new Mach E will be Veronica.
The VVR is an internal tracking document that the dealership can pull for your order. This shows the progress all the way and if it is built, that should be shown on it.

OP
OP
veronicablack

veronicablack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The VVR is an internal tracking document that the dealership can pull for your order. This shows the progress all the way and if it is built, that should be shown on it.
Interesting. Thanks! I'm looking at your signature on your post and my order was confirmed 3 months after you in June and yet I'm being told my delivery will be only a few days after your ETA. Something definitely seems off there.

Rudy Bega

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Nautilus, 21’ Rapid Red GTPE as of 2/14/22
Country flag

Did you do a reservation first or straight to order? Thanks

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
general question here, at what point after ordering did someone get a VIN?

thanks

KZ6e1e

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
P4X
Country flag
general question here, at what point after ordering did someone get a VIN?

thanks
After ford/dealer accepted your order & Once you have a scheduled build week from what i understand.

Read more here
https://seg.fyi/mache-vin/#/

I ordered mid June and earlier this month I called my dealer to see if he had any info on my production date. To my surprise, he got back to me with a delivery date in November!
I ordered end of June and my dealership said I should get it right after Thanksgiving. Considering my build week is mid Oct ... that's very optimistic.
So a Delivery date in Nov might very well be 11/30/21

OP
OP
veronicablack

veronicablack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
After ford/dealer accepted your order & Once you have a scheduled build week from what i understand.

Read more here
https://seg.fyi/mache-vin/#/

I ordered end of June and my dealership said I should get it right after Thanksgiving. Considering my build week is mid Oct ... that's very optimistic.
So a Delivery date in Nov might very well be 11/30/21
See I keep hearing that you get a build week and the VIN together too. And yet I've had my VIN for about a month now and at least according to the Ford Tracker (and the third party tracking apps), I don't have a build date yet. And yet my dealer says he has my delivery date. And I actually have an early November delivery date according to the dealer. Which would actually be less than 24 weeks from my order. Which is another thing surprising me. But hey, I won't turn down a slightly early delivery lol

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I order 5/18/21 and got a vin 9/20/21 after the car was built
wish I could say that’s funny. Over 6 years ago I ordered my Macan and it came 3.5 months later. They knew the exact week it would go into production at the time I ordered it so I could make any adjustments to the order a week or two before. Of course that was pre covid and pre shortage times

KZ6e1e

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
P4X
Country flag
See I keep hearing that you get a build week and the VIN together too. And yet I've had my VIN for about a month now and at least according to the Ford Tracker (and the third party tracking apps), I don't have a build date yet. And yet my dealer says he has my delivery date. And I actually have an early November delivery date according to the dealer. Which would actually be less than 24 weeks from my order. Which is another thing surprising me. But hey, I won't turn down a slightly early delivery lol
Build week != build date. I think official ford tracker [https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking#/] and all other trackers (which pull data from ford anyways) do not show build week. That's only if you have an account w/ford.com etc etc.

If you have a VIN + Order Number (Which is what you need to get into the ford tracker i think) then not showing build date would be valid since its not "built" yet. Is there a "production date" you can see?

OP
OP
veronicablack

veronicablack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Build week != build date. I think official ford tracker [https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking#/] and all other trackers (which pull data from ford anyways) do not show build week. That's only if you have an account w/ford.com etc etc.

If you have a VIN + Order Number (Which is what you need to get into the ford tracker i think) then not showing build date would be valid since its not "built" yet. Is there a "production date" you can see?
There is a spot for Production Date but nothing shows up there yet. But you would think things would have to start moving soon if my supposed delivery date is beginning of November, no?

jjhenry

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-E GT, '69 Chevy C20, '99 Rodeo, '09 Vespa
Occupation
IT
Country flag
There is a spot for Production Date but nothing shows up there yet. But you would think things would have to start moving soon if my supposed delivery date is beginning of November, no?
What happens when you try and lookup your window sticker? The window sticker is created 3-7 days prior to the car going into production. If you can get your window sticker, that is a good sign things are moving forward.

https://www.windowsticker.forddirect.com/windowsticker.pdf?vin=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Replace the Xs with your actual VIN.
Sponsored