Is personal preference the main reason to use one-pedal driving (1PD)? Could stopping distance be a reason?

Frankie

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MUSTANG MACH-E GTPE
Country flag
use 1-p mode, 'unbridled', to obtain maximum regen.... and leave on the 'auto-hold' setting which will automatically blend in the mechanical pads to come to a stop. saves on brake pads and recaptures the most energy.
1PD does this automatically, otherwise it wouldn't be 1PD, you don't need to have auto hold on.

I feel like you're confused about some aspects about how your car operates.
Sponsored

AOSK

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E select
Country flag
For me, it depends on the comfort of driving and sitting. I just feel uncomfortable with 1pd, especially when I sit in the back seat. But after personal experience, the 1pd of mach-e is more comfortable than tesla 1pd.

Tangible

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Waiting for my Mach E
Country flag
. I just feel uncomfortable with 1pd, especially when I sit in the back seat.
I had my first backseat passengers yesterday. With 1PD on they said it felt like being in a Boston taxi; with it off, like riding in a funeral home limo.

Hopefully I will get better at pedal modulation as I do more of it. After 60 years of 2PD there’s a lot of unlearning t o do.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
I had my first backseat passengers yesterday. With 1PD on they said it felt like being in a Boston taxi; with it off, like riding in a funeral home limo.

Hopefully I will get better at pedal modulation as I do more of it. After 60 years of 2PD there’s a lot of unlearning t o do.

the mach-e takes a steady and delicate foot.... pedal response and huge torque both on and off accelerator make it 'touchy', but that's a good thing once you are used to it!

B25Nut

First Name
Charlee
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bsi-inc.com
Vehicles
2021 Premium MME 4EX Star White, 2019 Acura RDX,
Occupation
BSI Sales and Technical Manager
Country flag
My Ford salesman was usually nauseous after each ride-along test drive with the dealer's Mach-E. He now makes sure that 1PD is off.

Rt1AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CARt1 AWD
Country flag
Tried 1 pd.... It is great for downhill. For regular driving - it is pain. I think that by using medium drive mode, keeping distance, to minimize the use of breaks and proper usage of regenerative breaks could provide the same efficiency as 1pd
Sponsored