Is the Mach-E really 7 years behind Tesla?

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
I'll rent a car for certain trips that are business related. Many times the rental is less expensive than the depreciation factor on the cars I own. For example, if I have to drive to Oklahoma City to visit our operations there, I am renting. Cost for three days plus gas (about $100-120) is so much less than the 900 miles roundtrip on my car (soon to be a MACH E) at $0.575 per mile or $517.

I also travel a lot (well I did before COVID) and so I have over 20 free days with National now. Using those free days for family trips is awesome. We have rented Expeditions or Tahoes on ski trips to Colorado and New Mexico. It us much easier for four people and their ski stuff to spread out in a big SUV. Sometimes I use the free days, sometimes I pay for the rentals. It just depends on cost.

Just because I'll own a BEV, doesn't mean that I won't rent a car.
all of this.

My company actually requires I rent a car for longer-distance driving (comes down to liability/insurance reasons)... and I have regularly lost National days because they build up so fast.
Sponsored

Nak

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y Performance, Tesla Model 3, 1992 K1500 Blazer
Country flag
That said, I do look forward to the Mach-E being quieter. My OEM tires are just about worn out, might go for some quieter ones in case that helps in the meantime.
I just put Vredestein Quatrac Pros on My Y. I had tried the Bridgestone Quiettracks, but returned them. The Quatracs are 4 db quieter than the Bridgestones. They are showing about 2% more efficient as well, even though the Quiettracks are supposed to have lower rolling resistance. The ride is better with a more luxury feel and the wet handling is hands down better than the Quiettracks. I haven't had a chance yet to push them in dry conditions; the Quiettracks were excellent when pushed hard in the dry. Tire Rack tests show the Quiettracks better in the snow, but they aren't "Mountain and Snowflake" rated like the Quatracs. The Vredesteins are cheaper by a good chunk, but the Quiettracks are rated for twice the life. What's interesting is that My efficiency is slightly worse with 19" wheels than the stock 21s. (19s are supposed to be about a 7% - 8% improvement over the 21s.) The aftermarket wheels I'm using aren't aero, apparently the stock 21" rims are very aero. With the 21's I was pretty much getting the EPA rated range at 65 mph. So far about 2% worse with the new feet, but that could easily change either way as the rubber breaks in.

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue.....GOT IT!
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
It's not a difficult concept. The fact that you think a car is just a grocery getter because someone doesn't road trip in it is silly. It will be my main vehicle. Who cares if I don't road trip in it? If you've read any other threads on this forum you will see other people talking about using their ice vehicles as road trip cars as well so it's not some strange idea.
everyone has the right to choose. For me I am trading in 4 ICE cars to get 2 MME. Several reasons.
1. I want to leave a healthy planet for my kids and generations to come

2. I love the idea of doing long road trips just to do it. I cannot wait. I have my first one planned to drive from SoCal to port orchard Washington to me my son in the navy and his wife. Weather and gas be damned.

if people chose ICE or Hydrogen or horse and buggy that is their choice. In short no one has to rationalize why they are/are not doing something. As long as you are choosing for you that is awesome.

the discussion should be more of what you plan to do rather then why. The why is up to you. The what is the fascinating aspect. Now I pray my car is here by mid December.

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
I just wanna know why we talking about renting a car now. I know some threads get off topic a little but this one went off that rails. It has gotten worse than when we all was 21 and picked up the hot chic and the bar. Woke up the next day and she looked worse than the humpback of Notre dame.

See got me off-topic. We went from push-button starts to we want it all right now, tesla car made into the mache. Heating cars, how it works and now on renting cars.

Let's just get back to how tesla finally has competition or why the hell is there a start button.

Bond007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RDX
Country flag
Tesla just updated the range of Model Y to 326 miles. They’re pulling ahead from the competition every-time at least in range and performance metrics.

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag
Tesla just updated the range of Model Y to 326 miles. They’re pulling ahead from the competition every-time at least in range and performance metrics.
Also ahead in battery production.

If they can do something about their quality and service before the competition starts to ramp up in a year they could continue to dominate BEV market past 2021.
Sponsored