Morris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTPE (Bought back), 2022 Kia EV6 GT-L, Rivian R1S
Occupation
Retired Electronics
Country flag
The Kia EV6 (and the Ioniq 5) has a 15 amp outlet below the back seat and an external 16 amp V2L adapter that plugs into the charging port.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Is there a 120v outlet in my mach e robo
Sponsored

CompilerBreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT
Country flag
Itā€™s also not an SUV guys. Itā€™s a small cross over utility vehicle. A third decade of the 21st century station wagon. With Mustang styling. I get it that you think there should be a 120v outlet. There isnā€™t, and that should surprise no one.

As for towing, thatā€™s another issue altogether and is directly related to the fact this is an electric vehicle and has no transmission. Thatā€™s going to be the rule, not the exception, as time marches on.
Except the Europe spec can tow ;)

I agree, it fits the bill for what they were going for, but just a little extra in a couple spots and there could have been quite a bit more utility.

BalsaDust

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium 4X, 2023 Leaf (wifes car)
Occupation
This, that, and everything
Country flag
When I ordered my MME last year the first thing I did was read the online manual as well as looking at ALL the specs on Ford.com website.
I knew what I was getting the same day I ordered so there were no surprises. Yes the common misconception is that people don't read instructions but I am a bit "Different".
To the OP, please don't take this the wrong way but a little investigation when purchasing a complicated product goes a long way. yes the manual is a long winded read but very informative.

Tony

P. T. Magoo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'15 Volt, '22 MME Ca Rt-1
Occupation
Physical Therapist, Freelance Trombonist
Country flag
https://www.amazon.com/sspa/click?i...uNTEifQ%3D%3D&s=automotive&sr=1-1-spons&psc=1

I've used something similar to this successfully in previous vehicles for charging laptops for years and years, and can confirm it works just fine in the MachE's 12-volt outlet. A little cumbersome and noisy when the fan's running but the laptop charges just as fast as with a 120 volt outlet in the house.

That said, I kind of like the edea of using a USB-C power adaptor plugged directly into the 12-volt outlet and may just get one of those.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
The lack of a 110v outlet isn't a car vs. truck thing. Our 2010 Fusion Hybrid had a 110v outlet. Our 2018 Fusion Energi had one. The Mach-E not having one is pretty clearly a cost-savings issue, since there is space for one on the back console.

Valkyrie

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Occupation
Future Prediction
Country flag
The towing will inevitably get better as battery tech evolves into carbon base with 1,000 mile range full charge measured in minutes not hours. At that point who cares how much range you lose towing a load up hill =) For MMEv's losing range to towing is a bad option methinks. As for the 120v plug, ask and perhaps Ford will 'upgrade' future models with that feature. (shrug)

DJ_indy

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Mustang Mach E Prem AWD Red&'22 PHEV CorsairGT
Occupation
Exec
Country flag
All it takes is a power inverter (invert 12VDC to 120/60). Find them on Amazon or local Wal*Mart or Auto Parts store. Available for $30-$50 and some even cheaper.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
This topic was discussed to death (I know because I was one of the people who complained about it) when the vehicle first came out a few years ago. Itā€™s clear a few features were left out to hit a price point and a 120VAC outlet was one of them. Inverters that plug into cigarette lighters arenā€™t too expensive and are readily available for people who absolutely require 120VAC

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
šŸ”‘ ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ šŸ‘€
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
This topic was discussed to death (I know because I was one of the people who complained about it) when the vehicle first came out a few years ago. Itā€™s clear a few features were left out to hit a price point and a 120VAC outlet was one of them. Inverters that plug into cigarette lighters arenā€™t too expensive and are readily available for people who absolutely require 120VAC
Our discussions from almost two years ago revolved around this bit that's STILL in the owner's manual:

https://www.fordservicecontent.com/...&userMarket=USA&div=f&vFilteringEnabled=False

The phrase "power outlet" is a bit too vague. And then they mess it up by seemingly including USB outlets in that definition but they don't even match the definition given here:

https://www.fordservicecontent.com/...&userMarket=USA&div=f&vFilteringEnabled=False

The USB port information in the owner's manual is also wrong. There are no USB outlets inside the center console or in the rear cargo area, and I'm not sure what a media bin is.

OP
OP
kkgg

kkgg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach e
Country flag
Was I little surprised - yes
Does every popular Ford vehicle has it - yes
Does it make sense, since it is a Bev - yes
Is this a truck - no
Does it mean we should not get it - no
Is it a nice useful feature to have - yes
Will I be sad and disappointed - no
Is it a deal breaker - no
Can I just buy a inverter - yes
Does it look as clean as the built in outlet - no
Does other competitors has it - no
Does that mean we should not have it - no
Will I buy the car again - yes
We are all friends here - yes

Ride_the_lightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR AWD
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Agree itā€™s weird it doesnā€™t have one. Although most cars Iā€™ve had usually had like 150W ones which arenā€™t too useful. I bought a 400w inverter and just tap off the points under the frunk.

I really wish I could have had the option for a larger 20A+ (2000 w) one that taps directly off the HVB like the F150.