John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
So does anyone know if BlueCruise will automatically take highway exits? So if both highways are on the map, can you travel on one and take the exit for the other all while on BlueCruise?
It will not. Not yet, anyway. It's certainly doable from a future software standpoint, but at launch, it will not have this functionality according to multiple videos.
Sponsored

imstriker

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2021 Infinite Blue
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
Awesome find on the map! It looks like it could very well be true around me. It turns red where roads have been updated in the last 10 years or so but the older less divided sections are not red.

OP
OP
Chuck

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 2021
Country flag
Check this out: Go into your Ford Pass App, click at bottom where it says -- map. It shows your car's location on the map. NOW, widen out the screen a bit. I can't tell you what you see on yours, but on mine, I see cool red lines highlighting major highways with breaks here and there: Blue Cruise highway system we have all been waiting to see? Let me know what you see. Could just be my wishful thinking.

Cool. Lots of them here...
Ford Mustang Mach-E Is there a Blue Cruise detailed map? Screenshot_20210825-113829_FordPass

phidauex

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE 4EX, 2006 Prius, 1997 Tacoma
Occupation
Renewable Energy Engineer
Country flag
I think we are barking up the wrong tree - the red you are seeing is just HERE maps default rendering for divided highways, it doesn't look like a custom layer or rendering view related to Blue Cruise. Naturally there is a lot of overlap because Blue Cruise is supposed to be on divided major highways only (and probably only those with "expressway" characteristics such as no on-grade intersections), but this doesn't appear to be telling us anything new.

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
Check this out: Go into your Ford Pass App, click at bottom where it says -- map. It shows your car's location on the map. NOW, widen out the screen a bit. I can't tell you what you see on yours, but on mine, I see cool red lines highlighting major highways with breaks here and there: Blue Cruise highway system we have all been waiting to see? Let me know what you see. Could just be my wishful thinking.
I looked, and got a bit excited about this possibility, until I notices that there are surface streets on my route to work that most decidedly are not divided highways, that are also red.it would be nice if they gave us something to go by…

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
I looked, and got a bit excited about this possibility, until I notices that there are surface streets on my route to work that most decidedly are not divided highways, that are also red.it would be nice if they gave us something to go by…
Zoom in a bit more and see if it makes a difference? See the post from @Kamuelaflyer. Just as the Mach-E has 50 shades of gray, FordPass has different shades of red.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Is there a Blue Cruise detailed map? 1629920626766

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
Zoom in a bit more and see if it makes a difference? See the post from @Kamuelaflyer. Just as the Mach-E has 50 shades of gray, FordPass has different shades of red.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Is there a Blue Cruise detailed map? 1629920626766
When I zoom in a bit more, I do see the color change from raspberry to coral where I would expect BlueCruise to end. Maybe…

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
When I zoom in a bit more, I do see the color change from raspberry to coral where I would expect BlueCruise to end. Maybe…
The area on Oahu that's coral is where the H2 ends. That's all surface street. It's a bit too close in color for my tastes but I think the point on the map to focus on is the red red.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Yeah here is a divided highway in Ohio that changes color basically at the end of the interchange area. I think this looks likely.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Is there a Blue Cruise detailed map? Screenshot_20210825-183135_FordPass

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag

phidauex

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE 4EX, 2006 Prius, 1997 Tacoma
Occupation
Renewable Energy Engineer
Country flag
Seriously folks, the red color is just what HERE maps uses to distinguish a one-way portion of a divided highway. The more "coral" color is for highways that aren't divided.

Here is a screenshot of Oahu from the generic HERE web maps:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Is there a Blue Cruise detailed map? 1629932062615

Same red, and transitions at the same locations.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
I think we are barking up the wrong tree - the red you are seeing is just HERE maps default rendering for divided highways, it doesn't look like a custom layer or rendering view related to Blue Cruise. Naturally there is a lot of overlap because Blue Cruise is supposed to be on divided major highways only (and probably only those with "expressway" characteristics such as no on-grade intersections), but this doesn't appear to be telling us anything new.
This

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Your explanation, though not quite exactly right (see my picture - divided highway on both sides, but one side is multiple lane per direction and the other is not), makes sense.
Sponsored