Is there a definitive fix for sporadic Bluetooth/Car Play not connecting?

PhillyYa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-e Premium Extended
Country flag
I’ve searched and read several threads on this, I’ve called Ford “in vehicle technology” (clueless), and there doesn’t seem to be one consensus, agreed upon fix for this. People have solved by everything from updating iOS version to updated Sync software versions. Yes, resetting my Sync and/or power cycling my phone will make it connect. But who the hell wants to do this half the time you get in the car? My former Tesla Model 3, I paired the phone ONCE at the beginning and it stuck and connected without fail for 3 1/2 years. Why are some of the seemingly most simple things so difficult? Ford support basically threw their arms up on the phone and just said “take it to your dealer.” What’s the dealer going to do? There just had to be a solution to this. For all the people who bought Mach-e’s because they don’t like the native Model Y system and would only buy a car with Car Play, what good is it if it doesn’t connect? #witsend
Sponsored

OP
OP
PhillyYa

PhillyYa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The Sync refresh, update 4.1.2, fixes this.
Right. And so I was transferred to a tech support person that deals with sync updates. I told her that I’m running 3.5.4 and that I KNOW many are already at 4.1.2, even 4.1.3. And can you push an update to the latest to my car in order to fix this? Answer: you ARE at the latest version “for your vehicle” and there is no update that can be pushed. No, I say, that’s wrong. No it’s correct, you have the latest… over and over again like I’m being gaslit.

alexgorod

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Job 2 MME Premium SR AWD (21 CR-V - wife's)
Occupation
DBA
Country flag
The Sync refresh, update 4.1.2, fixes this.
Unfortunately, it doesn't. At the best, maybe, it makes it better - today is my 5th day with 4.1.2 and I had connection failure for the first time.

MyLittlePony2022

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 "Mach-E Auto" GTPE, Cyber Orange
Country flag
Do the magical Microsoft fix....restart it and pray. 🤣 Shut the car off, open the door, and restart the car. Oh, cross your fingers that it will now connect. If not, bang your head on the steering wheel. This will not get it to connect but will relieve the stress.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
Do the magical Microsoft fix....restart it and pray. 🤣 Shut the car off, open the door, and restart the car. Oh, cross your fingers that it will now connect. If not, bang your head on the steering wheel. This will not get it to connect but will relieve the stress.
You forgot “wave a dead chicken!”

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
This appears to be an issue with the Bluetooth system in the car, that is what initiates the wireless CarPlay connection before it’s handed off to Wi-Fi.

Ford is aware of the issue and collecting analytic data from some cars to see why it’s happening. I don’t know why it’s that difficult, it wasn’t doing this before.

The real failing in Ford’s software team is that they knows that OTA 3.5.3 introduces this bug, yet they continue to roll it out. The other issue is rather than fix this they keep pushing our new versions without fixing the existing bugs (Bluetooth, guest profile).

This would really should be cause for someone at Ford getting fired and I don’t think a class action lawsuit would be out of the question.

fpasta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Mustang Mach E Premium RWD SR
Try hardwire, Bluetooth connection off on both devices. Good brand data transfer USB-C.

MellowJohnny

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Solution Architect
Country flag
I keep a lightning cable in the car now, for times when a connection is a must, like taking a conference call.

OP
OP
PhillyYa

PhillyYa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
😂😂😂

OP
OP
PhillyYa

PhillyYa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
This appears to be an issue with the Bluetooth system in the car, that is what initiates the wireless CarPlay connection before it’s handed off to Wi-Fi.

Ford is aware of the issue and collecting analytic data from some cars to see why it’s happening. I don’t know why it’s that difficult, it wasn’t doing this before.

The real failing in Ford’s software team is that they knows that OTA 3.5.3 introduces this bug, yet they continue to roll it out. The other issue is rather than fix this they keep pushing our new versions without fixing the existing bugs (Bluetooth, guest profile).

This would really should be cause for someone at Ford getting fired and I don’t think a class action lawsuit would be out of the question.
Disappointing

OP
OP
PhillyYa

PhillyYa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Try hardwire, Bluetooth connection off on both devices. Good brand data transfer USB-C.
Yes, hardwire works fine. But again, it’s a hassle and should be unnecessary.