Colorider

First Name
Kristian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Standard AWD
Country flag
I have had my MME since May but recently my passenger door stopped opening when pressing the button. At first this was only when the car was locked (I am using the key, not PAAK), but now it is happening even when the car is unlocked. If I open the right rear door after pressing on the passenger button, both doors will open together. I am hoping there is some sort of reset procedure I can do to fix this without going to the dealership.

Thanks!
Sponsored

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
I have had my MME since May but recently my passenger door stopped opening when pressing the button. At first this was only when the car was locked (I am using the key, not PAAK), but now it is happening even when the car is unlocked. If I open the right rear door after pressing on the passenger button, both doors will open together. I am hoping there is some sort of reset procedure I can do to fix this without going to the dealership.

Thanks!
There is a bulletin for this. When you take your car in for the recall work, ask them to apply the customer satisfaction update 21P22. Also mention this problem to them to make sure they fix it, but it should be included in 21P22.

OP
OP
Colorider

Colorider

First Name
Kristian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Standard AWD
Country flag
There is a bulletin for this. When you take your car in for the recall work, ask them to apply the customer satisfaction update 21P22. Also mention this problem to them to make sure they fix it, but it should be included in 21P22.
Thank you!

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
Thank you!
If you don't want to wait, I believe disconnecting your 12v, waiting a few minutes and reconnecting has been known to fix this, at least for a few weeks/months. Which should hopefully tide you over until you can make it to the dealer.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
One thing I found that was odd: before I took Marlin in for 21P22, all doors would open for me with PaaK. After I brought Marlin home I always had to open the driver's door first. A few days later everything was fine again.

When anything like this happens on the Mach E, I've learned to wait a few days to see if it settles back down.

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
I have not gotten the 21P22 update yet and ours started doing the same thing. I've been waiting for the rear driver door to reset to opening without having to open the driver door first but it's yet to happen. Maybe the update will "fix" it.

One thing I found that was odd: before I took Marlin in for 21P22, all doors would open for me with PaaK. After I brought Marlin home I always had to open the driver's door first. A few days later everything was fine again.

When anything like this happens on the Mach E, I've learned to wait a few days to see if it settles back down.
Sponsored