Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Anybody have access to a shop manual? I'd be very interested in procedures related to:

- pulling off body panels in the rear, to figure out Hitch receiver mounting options
- pulling Frunk panels out, without breaking clips, etc for access to LVB
- where/how to gain access or runtime data on battery pack actual voltage and current output/regen
Sponsored

Reactions: ARK

FPLiptak

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Also, how to program an additional Keyfob!

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
Anybody have access to a shop manual? I'd be very interested in procedures related to:

- pulling off body panels in the rear, to figure out Hitch receiver mounting options
- pulling Frunk panels out, without breaking clips, etc for access to LVB
- where/how to gain access or runtime data on battery pack actual voltage and current output/regen
When I have time in a bit I'll post some info on the body panels.

I already posted the guide on the LVB replacement here: https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...replace-the-12v-battery-lvb.3882/#post-118859

As to real time data on battery pack and current, voltage, etc you can use FORScan. Either with a laptop and OBDLink EX or MX, or with an android phone with an OBDLink MX/MX+ or iPhone with OBDLink MX+. Though they haven't updated the app to work with the Mach E yet and the desktop app is in beta. They sent me the beta which does work great for it though.

Anyone feel free to PM me if you need any WSM content or wiring diagrams.

To program a key fob you need 2. Otherwise the dealer has to do it with IDS. PAAK doesn't seem to count as a programmed key unfortunately - however I have not personally tried it to confirm. I'd like to get a key ordered and try it once they're available.

Last edited:

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
To program a key fob you need 2. Otherwise the dealer has to do it with IDS. PAAK doesn't seem to count as a programmed key unfortunately - however I have not personally tried it to confirm. I'd like to get a key ordered and try it once they're available.
Does that mean that after a dealer programs a second fob, we should be able to add a third ourselves? If so, is this the correct process?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Is there a 'Shop Manual' available ? 1614701525864

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
The "How to Program additional keyfob" instructions in the Shop Manual are mis-written. It still assumes we get 2 fobs. I expect the manual to be updated soon.

In fact, there are still quite a few references to stuff that doesn't pertain to an EV.

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
Does that mean that after a dealer programs a second fob, we should be able to add a third ourselves? If so, is this the correct process?
That is correct. Like any other Ford car produced in the past 2 decades pretty much, you can program a 3rd key without a dealer. Which is what I do for all of my cars so it is frustrating this car only came with one key. I like to program a third in case I lose one so I don't have to go to a dealer to get a second programmed. Just the programming cost is more than a replacement key fob for most Fords.

Here is the process per Ford:

1. Locate the passive key backup starting location. Refer to the Owner Literature for the passive key backup starting location.
  1. Place the first programmed passive key in the backup starting location. Press the START/STOP button.
  1. Wait 5 seconds and then press the START/STOP button.
  1. Remove the first previously programmed passive key.
  1. Within 10 seconds, place the second previously programmed passive key in the backup starting location and press the START/STOP button.
  1. Wait 5 seconds and press the START/STOP button.
  1. Remove the second previously programmed passive key.
  1. NOTE: See the Owner's Literature for maximum number of keys that can be programmed to the vehicle.
    Wait 5 seconds and then place the unprogrammed passive key in the backup starting location and press the START/STOP button.
  1. NOTE: If the key does not successfully program, wait at least 10 seconds before attempting to repeat the procedure.
    Verify the RKE transmitter operates and the vehicle starts using the new passive key.

Here is the process for removing the rear bumper cover. Is that what you wanted? Anything else?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Is there a 'Shop Manual' available ? Screen Shot 2021-03-02 at 10.14.35 AM

Ford Mustang Mach-E Is there a 'Shop Manual' available ? Screen Shot 2021-03-02 at 10.13.35 AM
Ford Mustang Mach-E Is there a 'Shop Manual' available ? Screen Shot 2021-03-02 at 10.14.46 AM
Ford Mustang Mach-E Is there a 'Shop Manual' available ? Screen Shot 2021-03-02 at 10.14.55 AM
Ford Mustang Mach-E Is there a 'Shop Manual' available ? Screen Shot 2021-03-02 at 10.15.11 AM
Ford Mustang Mach-E Is there a 'Shop Manual' available ? Screen Shot 2021-03-02 at 10.15.20 AM
Ford Mustang Mach-E Is there a 'Shop Manual' available ? Screen Shot 2021-03-02 at 10.15.28 AM
Ford Mustang Mach-E Is there a 'Shop Manual' available ? Screen Shot 2021-03-02 at 10.15.37 AM

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
The "How to Program additional keyfob" instructions in the Shop Manual are mis-written. It still assumes we get 2 fobs. I expect the manual to be updated soon.

In fact, there are still quite a few references to stuff that doesn't pertain to an EV.
I don't believe it will be updated. The process is still correct for if you have 2 physical keys. They also have a process for if you have 0 or 1 physical key - but requires IDS and if 0 keys a special locksmith license.

OP
OP
dtbaker61

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
That is correct. Like any other Ford car produced in the past 2 decades pretty much, you can program a 3rd key without a dealer. Which is what I do for all of my cars so it is frustrating this car only came with one key. I like to program a third in case I lose one so I don't have to go to a dealer to get a second programmed. Just the programming cost is more than a replacement key fob for most Fords.

Here is the process per Ford:

1. Locate the passive key backup starting location. Refer to the Owner Literature for the passive key backup starting location.
  2. Place the first programmed passive key in the backup starting location. Press the START/STOP button.
  3. Wait 5 seconds and then press the START/STOP button.
  4. Remove the first previously programmed passive key.
  5. Within 10 seconds, place the second previously programmed passive key in the backup starting location and press the START/STOP button.
  6. Wait 5 seconds and press the START/STOP button.
  7. Remove the second previously programmed passive key.
  8. NOTE: See the Owner's Literature for maximum number of keys that can be programmed to the vehicle.
    Wait 5 seconds and then place the unprogrammed passive key in the backup starting location and press the START/STOP button.
  9. NOTE: If the key does not successfully program, wait at least 10 seconds before attempting to repeat the procedure.
    Verify the RKE transmitter operates and the vehicle starts using the new passive key.

Here is the process for removing the rear bumper cover. Is that what you wanted? Anything else?

.... images ....
TOTALLY AWESOME

.... do you have similar to remove Frunk panels to gain access to LVB and all that ?

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag

Kandiru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 MS85D
Country flag
Don't forget, anything involving removal of dash or exterior body panels in an EV starts with a battery pack disconnect. Two Tesla techs have already made the ultimate sacrifice for ignoring this detail.
Sponsored