is there a wheel fitment difference on RWD & AWD MMEs?

RDZ89

First Name
RICK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 GB ME GT
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
Country flag
Hello all I've seen a few post stating that there may be a fitment difference on RWD & AWDs? Im looking at 20s and would hate to buy something that won't work.. can anyone chime in on this?
Sponsored

JBA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RWD SR
Country flag
Hello all I've seen a few post stating that there may be a fitment difference on RWD & AWDs? Im looking at 20s and would hate to buy something that won't work.. can anyone chime in on this?

I'm not sure if there is any difference but a local Ford dealer put on 20 inches 8.5J 245/45 on a demo car. I know a couple of guys who test drove it and all mentioned the drive went very well and even couldn't complain on the comfort.

Pretty sure if you stay with 8.0 to 8.5J with 245/45's you're all fine. At least i'm going for those on my RWD when it arrives at the end of this month (i hope...)

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 MME Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
I'm not sure if there is any difference but a local Ford dealer put on 20 inches 8.5J 245/45 on a demo car. I know a couple of guys who test drove it and all mentioned the drive went very well and even couldn't complain on the comfort.

Pretty sure if you stay with 8.0 to 8.5J with 245/45's you're all fine. At least i'm going for those on my RWD when it arrives at the end of this month (i hope...)

A 9% wider tire vs 225/55 will reduce mileage. I think the stock Premium trim 19” wheels look nice.

phidauex

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE 4EX, 2006 Prius, 1997 Tacoma
Occupation
Renewable Energy Engineer
Country flag
All indications are that the hub sizes are the same, same spacing, same wheel part numbers. I don’t think there is any difference on wheel fitment between the RWD, AWD, GT and GTPE variants.
Sponsored