First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach E RWD 75KW
Country flag
Hi there,

So far when I want cold air or even hot air to circulate I would either click the auto button where it has the 3 modes (slow, medium & high) or click the fan blade icon and increase from there.

My question is.. is there a quick way to turn off the AC/Hot air without having to click the fan icon and slide to off? For example, if I hit the auto button, I can't hold or press the auto button a few times and then it will turn off, I have to click on the fan blade icon, slide the slidder up and back down to off position. Surely there is an easier way then having to click the fan blade icon to turn it off? This implements more distraction trying to turn off the air control 😅

Thanks.
Sponsored

MoonRiver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
02 Camry, 07 Infiniti G35
Country flag
Have you ever used the AC button to turn the AC on/off? It's no any different than any other car out there.

shadowsjc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium AWD + Ext Range
Country flag
You can touch the climate control button (bottom right of big screen), and then touch the power button (top left of ensuing screen).

Alternatively you can press the voice command button on the steering wheel (looks like a person talking) and tell the car to turn off the air conditioning (note: I personally haven't tried this but it should work in theory)

ShaggySS

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium RWD
Occupation
IT Nerd
Country flag
Sadly there is none that I have found.

If I recall correctly there have been rumors that a future update will enable an additional mode on the Auto button. IE: Low, Medium, High, Off

I read it and after each update that is the first thing I test.

OP
OP

irishwill2008

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Wow awesome! I will try the voice control as well and let you know how it works. Thanks!!

ctenidae

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DMG GT; Taycan, Q7, Sienna Hybrid
Occupation
Solver of problems
Country flag
I quit bothering with turning off the fan. It's such a low drag, anyway, and provides a nice breeze when stopped with the windows down. I have the AC button off, but leave Auto on 1 bar.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Wow awesome! I will try the voice control as well and let you know how it works. Thanks!!
The voice control is the easiest to use. If you don't want to wait that long, then touch the HVAC control icon just to the right of the volume knob. That brings up the climate control screen and there is a power button there that shuts the system down. That is a pretty quick method and requires just two touches.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Hi there,

So far when I want cold air or even hot air to circulate I would either click the auto button where it has the 3 modes (slow, medium & high) or click the fan blade icon and increase from there.

My question is.. is there a quick way to turn off the AC/Hot air without having to click the fan icon and slide to off? For example, if I hit the auto button, I can't hold or press the auto button a few times and then it will turn off, I have to click on the fan blade icon, slide the slidder up and back down to off position. Surely there is an easier way then having to click the fan blade icon to turn it off? This implements more distraction trying to turn off the air control 😅

Thanks.
An A/C button was added to the main screen for the 2022 models. In theory, that will come to 2021s some day. That still won't completely turn off HVAC, but it's a step in the right direction.

ShaggySS

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium RWD
Occupation
IT Nerd
Country flag
An A/C button was added to the main screen for the 2022 models. In theory, that will come to 2021s some day. That still won't completely turn off HVAC, but it's a step in the right direction.
It doesn't do anything. Just turns off the AC compressor. I personally want the fans and everything off.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
I believe, like others, that there’s a voice command - “climate control off”

alexgorod

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Job 2 MME Premium SR AWD (21 CR-V - wife's)
Occupation
DBA
Country flag
Why turn the AC off?

This morning the outside temperature was near 60, the setting in the car was 70, AC was ON, and it blew the warm air. Actually, at what point does "E-Heat" need to be turned on?

OP
OP

irishwill2008

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It doesn't do anything. Just turns off the AC compressor. I personally want the fans and everything off.
Yeah this is exactly what I am after as well.

I want fans etc off.. for example, I typically leave the setting on cold and auto setting but when it's too cold and I want heat, I like to turn fans etc off and let the warm air come in and heat the cabin. It's just hassle going into the multiple screens to disable the fans etc. I will give the voice option a shot, that sounds pretty cool. I never used that voice option for anything yet.

Bonehead

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium AWD Ex
Country flag
You can touch the climate control button (bottom right of big screen), and then touch the power button (top left of ensuing screen).

Alternatively you can press the voice command button on the steering wheel (looks like a person talking) and tell the car to turn off the air conditioning (note: I personally haven't tried this but it should work in theory)
incredibly, voice command does NOT work to turn off the AC.
Sponsored