Is there any way around this usb media problem?

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
The problem is any flash drive plugged into either usb port, will not let you scroll the song list, browse or search without stopping the car. Huh? I've never seen this before with mp3 songs on a drive. The first few titles come up and then it stops and says some features not available when driving and won't continue to scroll past the firt few songs, if that. The only workaround I have found is voice commands like "play xyz" song. hardly a solution. You should at least be able to scroll your songs like you can sirius channels. Very distressed over this since I lsten to a lot of music this way. I have tried thumb drives and portable usb drives, both plugs, no difference.

I'm not asking to drive the car while sleeping like Tesla, but come on Ford, this is nuts!
Sponsored

roadshow

First Name
roadshow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford. Mustang Mach-e Premium AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yes. I also noticed that when browsing the drive by folders they are alphabetical as expected. However if I open a folder with subfolders and select "play all" it seems to randomly select the order, not alphabetical as expected.
I just formatted a new drive as. exfat and. will see if that helps

roadshow

First Name
roadshow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford. Mustang Mach-e Premium AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yes. I also noticed that when browsing the drive by folders they are alphabetical as expected. However if I open a folder with subfolders and select "play all" it seems to randomly select the order, not alphabetical as expected.
I just formatted a new drive as. exfat and. will see if that helps
Formatting the drive as exfat didn't help. Selecting media options to reindex the drive is also no help. I am only able to see the entire folder list about 1 out of every 4 tries. The list usy. hangs after scrolling past 20 folders or so.

Shollywood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 2021
Country flag
How do you even access the drive? Can't find anywhere...

Bookworm214

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Premium Mach-Ex
Occupation
Retired Truck Driver
Country flag
The problem is any flash drive plugged into either usb port, will not let you scroll the song list, browse or search without stopping the car. Huh? I've never seen this before with mp3 songs on a drive. The first few titles come up and then it stops and says some features not available when driving and won't continue to scroll past the firt few songs, if that. The only workaround I have found is voice commands like "play xyz" song. hardly a solution. You should at least be able to scroll your songs like you can sirius channels. Very distressed over this since I lsten to a lot of music this way. I have tried thumb drives and portable usb drives, both plugs, no difference.

I'm not asking to drive the car while sleeping like Tesla, but come on Ford, this is nuts!
When I was trying to scroll through the list at one point it asked if I was the passenger but I saw no way to answer. I hit the little icon in the upper right corner used to expand the view and I was able to see a Yes No screen hidden behind the passenger question screen. I chose yes and it scrolled perfectly after that.
The problem I'm having is that after one or two songs the sound stops even though the blue bar shows that the song is continuing to play. This is a 32 GB Mosdart stick formatted in FAT32 with MP3s drag and dropped form my computer to the stick.

FPLiptak

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I am still annoyed that the system does not automatically show the current song playing in the list. Every time I start the car it goes back to the displaying the first song in the list even though it may be playing the 789th song in the list.

Today it decided to only show ONE song in the list and it is NOT the current one playing. And since it will not let me scroll through the list unless I am a passenger I have no idea what is coming later.

Come on Ford, my 2018 Chevrolet Bolt kept track of what song was playing and showed the list of songs coming up.

Today, it really got weird with only show one song. Yes, I have 2,085 songs on the drive. That is not that many since my music collection is over 16,500 wma and 9,760 mp3 songs with probably about 4,000 with both an mp3 and a wma version.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Is there any way around this usb media problem? 20221201_163336-1
Ford Mustang Mach-E Is there any way around this usb media problem? 20221201_163352-2

FPLiptak

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Just got the update to 4.1.2 (2021 Job 1) and when it first installed (yesterday) the MP3 player would correctly keep up with the songs being played. It showed the current song at the bottom of the list. Today it started to get WONKY. It did not update as the song changed and if I scrolled to the highlighted song when that song finished it would move to the next song and then got to a different spot in the song list, NOT the song that was playing. Also, it would display the warning that not all functions were available when driving (or something to that effect). The now currently playing song was back about 50 songs in the list so I had to scroll back to it each and every time a song finished. This is even more aggravating than the previous way it worked in that previously I just had to scroll down a couple of entries.

Attached is a video (MP3Player-1.mp4) of what happens. At about the five (5) second mark the song (Picture by Kid Rock & Sheryl Crow) advances to After the Goldrush and then the selected songs move out of the display. The display now shows Lodi, Going Under and Tears in Heaven. The song playing is After the Gold Rush.

I then scrolled to find the currently playing song (about 50 songs higher in the list)
The second video (MP3Player-2.mp4) shows what happens at the end of After the Gold Rush (about 5 second in). The display updates to (I Know I'm Losing You) but the list quickly updates to Lodi, Going Under and Tears in Heaven again.
This clearly shows that the programmers did not check what happens with the song list.

PLEASE FIX THIS, it is VERY ANNOYING. Either that or just remove the list of songs under Now Playing.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Just got the update to 4.1.2 (2021 Job 1) and when it first installed (yesterday) the MP3 player would correctly keep up with the songs being played. It showed the current song at the bottom of the list. Today it started to get WONKY. It did not update as the song changed and if I scrolled to the highlighted song when that song finished it would move to the next song and then got to a different spot in the song list, NOT the song that was playing. Also, it would display the warning that not all functions were available when driving (or something to that effect). The now currently playing song was back about 50 songs in the list so I had to scroll back to it each and every time a song finished. This is even more aggravating than the previous way it worked in that previously I just had to scroll down a couple of entries.

Attached is a video (MP3Player-1.mp4) of what happens. At about the five (5) second mark the song (Picture by Kid Rock & Sheryl Crow) advances to After the Goldrush and then the selected songs move out of the display. The display now shows Lodi, Going Under and Tears in Heaven. The song playing is After the Gold Rush.

I then scrolled to find the currently playing song (about 50 songs higher in the list)
The second video (MP3Player-2.mp4) shows what happens at the end of After the Gold Rush (about 5 second in). The display updates to (I Know I'm Losing You) but the list quickly updates to Lodi, Going Under and Tears in Heaven again.
This clearly shows that the programmers did not check what happens with the song list.

PLEASE FIX THIS, it is VERY ANNOYING. Either that or just remove the list of songs under Now Playing.

Hi there, I'd be happy to look into your Mach-E concerns on my end. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end.