Is there someone here from Ford who can help me?

OP
OP

efisher

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E on order
Country flag
I hope so, but I'm not sure. My question to Ann King includes 'same/similar', so to me that means if I bought the exact same configuration that I ordered from the same dealer...

Here's my email question:
----------------------------------------------------------
Situation:

I ordered a Ford Mustang Mach-E on 10/20/2020 and put down a $500 deposit with my Ford dealer. My specific order will likely not be built/shipped until around May/June. However, Mach-Eā€™s are starting to arrive at the dealer and some will become available for sale (ones they ordered for themselves, customers who declined to follow through, etc.)

Question:

If one arrives that is the same/similar to what I ordered and is below the $55,000 threshold can I take that instead of waiting and still qualify? Or would that transaction be considered a ā€˜purchaseā€™ on the day I buy it (and not qualify) even though I have an original Order date of 10/20/2020?

I know ā€“ very confusing! But itā€™s a big price difference!

Her reply:

Thank you for your email. From what you described that would be a new purchase and would not qualify.

Sincerely,
Ann King
I would imaging that it would have to be the same model. I ordered the car, they delivered what was ordered I should be OK. (I did not order a specific VIN number, just a particular model and set of options.) The order is for a Premium, 4wd, extended range, which should not be that rare of a configuration.
However, that being said, since my car has already been built and is sitting in a lot, and there is a month to the deadline...
Sponsored

c max

First Name
phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Premium Rapid Red
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I hope so, but I'm not sure. My question to Ann King includes 'same/similar', so to me that means if I bought the exact same configuration that I ordered from the same dealer...

Here's my email question:
Situation:

I ordered a Ford Mustang Mach-E on 10/20/2020 and put down a $500 deposit with my Ford dealer. My specific order will likely not be built/shipped until around May/June. However, Mach-Eā€™s are starting to arrive at the dealer and some will become available for sale (ones they ordered for themselves, customers who declined to follow through, etc.)

Question:

If one arrives that is the same/similar to what I ordered and is below the $55,000 threshold can I take that instead of waiting and still qualify? Or would that transaction be considered a ā€˜purchaseā€™ on the day I buy it (and not qualify) even though I have an original Order date of 10/20/2020?

I know ā€“ very confusing! But itā€™s a big price difference!

Her reply:

Thank you for your email. From what you described that would be a new purchase and would not qualify.

Sincerely,
Ann King
When my ETA date was bouncing all around within a 2 day period, and then it went from Feb.16 to March 3-9, I figured I was screwed as far as the NJ incentive was concerned.....called my dealer, they said they had the same car I wanted but with AWD instead of RWD, plus some extras that would increase the price about $2900+......and Charge up NJ at that time said NG it was a new sale, so Sal it looks like we are all getting the same info......lucky me after all the BS with the ETA dates, last Wed. I looked at the Ford tracker and they said the car was delivered to the dealer.....took delivery last Fri......so Sal, I would wait as long as you can, you can cancel and wait to re-order when phase 2 begins, hopefully July/Aug.....good luck!!!!!!

dml105

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadowfax, the Star White Tricoated Metallic Pony
Country flag
Like most of us, I ordered a Mach-E last year and am very happy to have been informed that my car has been built. I do share a problem with other NJ customers related to the expiration of the $5,000 NJ EV incentive. I am told that if we take delivery of our car before March 15, 2021, we will still be eligible for this grant. After that (because of the change in fiscal year,) this money is no longer available. I have been notified that the car should be delivered in the last week of March. Normally, a week or two difference would be inconsequential, but in this case, the delay will cost $5,000. Is there any way this situation can be brought to the attention of those responsible for delivery to see if they can help given this is a somewhat extraordinary circumstance?
What specs did you order, OP? Did you have to purchase in 2020, but take delivery by 3/15/21?
Maybe there's some really nice person on this site that would trade spots with you.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
Damn that sucks. I have no useful advice but just wanted to share condolences. The state giveth ill-conceived tax credits and the state taketh away.

Agree you should try to find the exact model you ordered elsewhere and buy it off the lot. The order has no VIN so it wouldnā€™t be easy to refute. I highly doubt NJ would piece together that you ordered and bought from different dealers but if they did you could just explain that you transferred your order to the other dealer, which is true enough.

Last edited:
OP
OP

efisher

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E on order
Country flag
What specs did you order, OP? Did you have to purchase in 2020, but take delivery by 3/15/21?
Maybe there's some really nice person on this site that would trade spots with you.
I ordered a premium 4wd extended range.

jeffdawgfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang MachE AWD ER, 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
Occupation
Retired Navy / Veterans Administration
Country flag
I am a little perplexed that Ford does not have a customer service rep who monitors and takes proactive action on problems or complaints voiced on this enthusiast forum. I know that there was a very useful US rep who monitored and answered questions on the Hyundai Genesis forum back when I was a member of that. I know that there are Ryobi reps who monitor the Home Depot Reviews of their products and take proactive actions because I had one contact me regarding....you guessed it...a charging problem on a battery operated riding mower. Why can't Ford do this? One rep could monitor all the associated forums and let us know that our questions and concerns are being addressed.

available_username2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cmax energi
Country flag
Damn that sucks. I have no useful advice but just wanted to share condolences. The state giveth ill-conceived tax credits and the state taketh away.

Agree you should try to find the exact model you ordered elsewhere and buy it off the lot. The order has no VIN so it wouldnā€™t be easy to refute. I highly doubt NJ would piece together that you ordered and bought from different dealers but if they did you could just explain that you transferred your order to the other dealer, which is true enough.
The very short application asks for the dealership you bought it from, and the dealerships number. I have a feeling they will know

SAM

First Name
SAM
Threads
Reaction score
A little bit of a mystical kingdom, like Camelot
Vehicles
Premium MME4X Iconic Silver
Country flag

Need to find one with MSRP under $55K cap, excludes D&D.

OP
OP

efisher

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E on order
Country flag
I tried calling the Ford "Support" phone number. All they could tell me that I should talk to my dealer and maybe they could extend the state deadline.

c max

First Name
phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Premium Rapid Red
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I tried calling the Ford "Support" phone number. All they could tell me that I should talk to my dealer and maybe they could extend the state deadline.
I think you should contact the people at Charge up NJ who are handling the incentive for NJBPU....speak to or email Ann King......she has been VERY helpful, I emailed her 3 times today alone......check the other tread about NJ folks getting screwed, there is a lot of info there......BUT unless you get your car by March 15, well I not sure anything can be done

available_username2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cmax energi
Country flag
I think you should contact the people at Charge up NJ who are handling the incentive for NJBPU....speak to or email Ann King......she has been VERY helpful, I emailed her 3 times today alone......check the other tread about NJ folks getting screwed, there is a lot of info there......BUT unless you get your car by March 15, well I not sure anything can be done
are you having to email her? I submitted my application over the weekend, and haven't heard anything...

c max

First Name
phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Premium Rapid Red
Occupation
retired
Country flag
are you having to email her? I submitted my application over the weekend, and haven't heard anything...
I emailed her MON, just to touch base, I DO NOT want anything to screw up......you should get their after application soon, if not already....she ask me to let her know I got the follow-up email to be sure it was working correctly....she also said they are behind after the holiday weekend...

available_username2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cmax energi
Country flag
I emailed her MON, just to touch base, I DO NOT want anything to screw up......you should get their after application soon, if not already....she ask me to let her know I got the follow-up email to be sure it was working correctly....she also said they are behind after the holiday weekend...
Wait I missed the follow up email. Oops. What did you put for this?

• A complete copy of your executed and signed vehicle lease or purchase agreement. Please include all pages and sections, with your signature and date of purchase or lease visible. Note: Your signature may be on the reverse side of your agreement.

The date on that isn't before the cut off. Did you include your order as well?
Sponsored