Is your Car Off Site?

BalsaDust

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium 4X, 2023 Leaf (wifes car)
Occupation
This, that, and everything
Country flag
My car was produced on 1/22/22 thru 1/25/22 and has been showing "In -Production" ever since even though all the modules are populated compared to another similar model.
I am a patient man but yesterday I stopped in to the dealership to see if the sales manager could bring up the VVR to see what was up.
After a bit of searching he verified it has been built then moved OFF-SITE! While he has been honest with me I doubt he knew exactly what that meant especially since the VVR also showed expected delivery of 3/8/22 just shy of two weeks from now. Now he went on to mention that he has seen cars just show up with no indication on the VVR and thinks mine was probably the same situation.

My question to those who have been sent Off Site, was your delivery day somewhat accurate?
As i mentioned I am a patient man, but I do need time to produce my car payment and moving money usually involves days and sometimes weeks depending on where it's held.

Tony
Sponsored

kdonnel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 CA Route 1, 2020 Bolt EV
Country flag
I'm probably in the same situation. I have been in production since 2-4. When I compare the installed modules to a car of the same trim on a dealers lot for sale, I have all the same ones.

I don't need the car right off, I just want it prior to the first phase out of the tax credit.

So I wait.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Reality:

- Your car is awaiting chip(s) like many, many others.
- It's impossible to predict when your vehicle will have all the chips and start it's way to your dealership.
- In the past week or so, many have said their dealers were surprised when vehicles showed up weeks earlier than expected.
- You should have a discussion with your dealership on your issue - that if the vehicle shows up without X amount of advance notice, it will take you some time to get the money together.

Questions:

1) Are you talking about your downpayment? Or are you planning on paying Cash?

2) If Cash, why on earth would you do that? Take Ford Options, and the incentive ($1,000 or $2,500), then pay it off days later. It's literally FREE MONEY.

My car was produced starting 1/19. It was supposed to be here a few days ago, but hasn't shipped yet. Latest prediction is 5/18, which is 11 days shy of 1 year. You're not alone.

OrchidMania

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Premium ER
Occupation
Retired IT, School Math Volunteer
Country flag
Reality:

- Your car is awaiting chip(s) like many, many others.
- It's impossible to predict when your vehicle will have all the chips and start it's way to your dealership.
- In the past week or so, many have said their dealers were surprised when vehicles showed up weeks earlier than expected.
- You should have a discussion with your dealership on your issue - that if the vehicle shows up without X amount of advance notice, it will take you some time to get the money together.

Questions:

2) If Cash, why on earth would you do that? Take Ford Options, and the incentive ($1,000 or $2,500), then pay it off days later. It's literally FREE MONEY.

My car was produced starting 1/19. It was supposed to be here a few days ago, but hasn't shipped yet. Latest prediction is 5/18, which is 11 days shy of 1 year. You're not alone.
Not sure that Ford Options is available in Floriduh.... Do you know how long you need to keep Ford Options so the sales rep gets his bonus? Would have to compare the interest is lets say 3 months, to the bonus. Again not sure its available in every state.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Not sure that Ford Options is available in Floriduh.... Do you know how long you need to keep Ford Options so the sales rep gets his bonus? Would have to compare the interest is lets say 3 months, to the bonus. Again not sure its available in every state.
Ford Options is NOT available in North Carolina, Nevada, New Hampshire, or Washington D.C.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Not available in Nevada, New Hampshire, North Carolina, or Washington, DC. https://www.ford.com/finance/finance-options/ford-options/

Ford Credit pays bonuses to dealerships when 3 payments are reached. If someone was going to pay cash, then they should take Options and tell the dealership they'll likely be paying it off quickly AFTER they get the rate, since the dealership can inflate the rate.

OrchidMania

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Premium ER
Occupation
Retired IT, School Math Volunteer
Country flag
Not available in Nevada, New Hampshire, North Carolina, or Washington, DC. https://www.ford.com/finance/finance-options/ford-options/

Ford Credit pays bonuses to dealerships when 3 payments are reached. If someone was going to pay cash, then they should take Options and tell the dealership they'll likely be paying it off quickly AFTER they get the rate, since the dealership can inflate the rate.
I there a chart somewhere where I can compare the interest out of pocket for 3 payments to see where it makes sense to do it.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I there a chart somewhere where I can compare the interest out of pocket for 3 payments to see where it makes sense to do it.
If you're going to pay off the loan, it never makes sense to make any payments - you simply pay the loan off the next week and incur almost nothing in interest.

I don't know of any chart. The 3 year options is calculated on a 72 month amortization. The 4 year is on an 84 month amortization. So you can easily use a loan calculator and put in the term and the % and see the interest you would pay in 3 payments.

igotnoclevername

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sequoia/QX60, Maybe Bronco 6G WT/Lightning/Mach E
Country flag
My car was produced on 1/22/22 thru 1/25/22 and has been showing "In -Production" ever since even though all the modules are populated compared to another similar model.
I am a patient man but yesterday I stopped in to the dealership to see if the sales manager could bring up the VVR to see what was up.
After a bit of searching he verified it has been built then moved OFF-SITE! While he has been honest with me I doubt he knew exactly what that meant especially since the VVR also showed expected delivery of 3/8/22 just shy of two weeks from now. Now he went on to mention that he has seen cars just show up with no indication on the VVR and thinks mine was probably the same situation.

My question to those who have been sent Off Site, was your delivery day somewhat accurate?
As i mentioned I am a patient man, but I do need time to produce my car payment and moving money usually involves days and sometimes weeks depending on where it's held.

Tony
VVR from my dealer shows the same things, "sent off site". He told me, "Dude, at least you're not on chip hold" to which I replied, no I'm on chip hold...just in the dirt lot across the street from the factory.

Maybe you'll be a different case, but mine is still "in production" and I know it's just sitting there.

yngwenli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium RWD SR
Country flag

No chart, but I estimated it to be < $300 for 3 months assuming a $5k deposit (assuming max on CC). I could have calculated it wrong with how Options work, but with a 2.49% rate, I may just keep it and invest the $$ in something else.

OP
OP
BalsaDust

BalsaDust

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Reality:

- Your car is awaiting chip(s) like many, many others. Not likely, VVR would show it
- It's impossible to predict when your vehicle will have all the chips and start it's way to your dealership. See above
- In the past week or so, many have said their dealers were surprised when vehicles showed up weeks earlier than expected. Quite true
- You should have a discussion with your dealership on your issue - that if the vehicle shows up without X amount of advance notice, it will take you some time to get the money together. I believe that's what I posted

Questions:

pay in full, don't need to finance
NOT free money, interest rate and balloon payment equals about 11% interest!
and Ford options is only on Sticker MSRP, not price protected order price

My car was produced starting 1/19. It was supposed to be here a few days ago, but hasn't shipped yet. Latest prediction is 5/18, which is 11 days shy of 1 year. You're not alone. Quite true, in this age of supply shortages it's inevitable
See quoted text,

Tony

Dancefreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Star White Premium extended battery eAWD
Country flag
NOT free money, interest rate and balloon payment equals about 11% interest!
and Ford options is only on Sticker MSRP, not price protected order price
If Options offers a bonus in your state, it IS free money, as you can pay off the entire loan with the cash you were going to use to avoid financing. By not doing that you're just leaving money on the table. The balloon payment is irrelevant if you're paying it off. And options is available for any Mach-E purchase. It's factored from the price you agree to pay like any loan would be.

Last edited:

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
See quoted text,

Tony
You are incorrect. You would only owe interest for a few days. Simple math - 2.49% X $60,000 /365 = ~$4.09 per day.

Ford Options is on whatever price you pay for the vehicle. Has nothing to do with MSRP. o_O

OP
OP
BalsaDust

BalsaDust

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
If Options offers a bonus in your state, it IS free money, as you can pay off the entire loan with the cash you were going to use to avoid financing. By not doing that you're just leaving money on the table.
As I mentioned in the response, the Options savings is only on the CURRENT sticker price and not the price protected price from the order date. I went over all of this with the sales manager and he verified all the pricing and showed me in his system what I was eligible for.
Why go though the hassles of financing when I can just pay it off? no other payments to make, no worries, no affect on my credit score.
I am already saving $2k on a regional incentive, another 2k on the price protection, $750 on the 21 to 22 model year bump, AND Delaware kicks in another 2.5K for new EV purchase. Oh and doc fees are just $250 plus the five year registration of $200.
AND NO SALES TAX!
I have been going to this dealer for the past 20plus years and this is my fourth new Ford from them because they know how to treat a customer!
My $57140 MME will actually be $48890 out the door (before doc and reg fees) and I didn't even factor in the 1k I put down as a deposit!

Tony

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Again, you are incorrect. You are throwing away either $1,000 or $2,500 of free money.

Your dealership is wrong, and uniformed and telling you incorrect things, ad you're falling for it.

[Sad]
Sponsored