JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
I am not sure this is correct so checking.

I financed with Options and received the CA registration today with plates...The registered owner info shows Ford MOtor Company LSR and my name is LSE. I believe this to be incorrect as The ownership should not show Ford at all and Ford is listed already as Lienholder . dealer is Encinitas Ford.

Anyone else seen this when purchasing via Options?
Sponsored

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag

I financed with Options and received the CA registration today with plates...The registered owner info shows Ford MOtor Company LSR and my name is LSE. I believe this to be incorrect as The ownership should not show Ford at all and Ford is listed already as Lienholder . dealer is Encinitas Ford.

I believe this is wrong. you're the owner for Options. It sure sounds like they did a Lease no matter what they told you.

@hybrid2bev agree?

Reactions: UW2
OP
OP
JellyBelly

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
I believe this is wrong. you're the owner for Options. It sure sounds like they did a Lease no matter what they told you.

@hybrid2bev agree?
They could not have done a lease as all the documentation shows financing etc no lease terms ..checking with dealer. Either they made a mistake with mine or they have whole done incorrect registration for all those using Options at the dealer

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
They could not have done a lease as all the documentation shows financing etc no lease terms ..checking with dealer. Either they made a mistake with mine or they have whole done incorrect registration for all those using Options at the dealer
If your contract is a retail contract then the dealer just messed up the registration. You should be the owner not Ford. You should have the dealer fix the registration ASAP. If it’s registered wrong you will have issues claiming the tax credits and with plate renewals/transfers in the future. The lien on your vehicle may not be properly filed so Ford Credit will probably bring that up with the dealer too.

@GoGoGadgetMachE I agree the dealer needs to fix the registration.

RyZt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E4X
Country flag
That seems wrong. If we're not the owner, we can't legally claim $7500 fed tax credit.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag

FYI: I’ve sent an email to my people about this.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
LOL. I meant it more like “Let’s do lunch” call instead of a ‘that’s a nice dealer you have there, it’d be a shame if something happened to it’ call.

OP
OP
JellyBelly

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
If your contract is a retail contract then the dealer just messed up the registration. You should be the owner not Ford. You should have the dealer fix the registration ASAP. If it’s registered wrong you will have issues claiming the tax credits and with plate renewals/transfers in the future. The lien on your vehicle may not be properly filed so Ford Credit will probably bring that up with the dealer too.

@GoGoGadgetMachE I agree the dealer needs to fix the registration.
Thanks I thought so too...the dealer informed me that their title clerk has been doing this and perhaps its the way it has to be done - and I am like No its not the way it has to be done. You guys messed it up. So they are looking into it.

lwilliams0514

First Name
Lashawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach E Premium RWD
Occupation
Finance Manager
Country flag

Ok well this is where I will chime in......

First, Ford options is a retail contract with a balloon payment at the end that becomes due. A lease is a lease contract is different. Until you complete your balloon payment at the end, Ford still has an interest in the car.

Second, Ford Credit's lease trust is FTD Leasing. The fact that the Lessor is Ford Motor Company shows that it is not a lease for one, and two that you are on a retail contract is a second giveaway.

Third, to collect the tax rebate you must provide a retail contract showing you bought the car, which you have. A lease would be on a RCL contract. You have what you need for the $7500 AND the CVRP rebate. You are on a retail contract with a balloon payment at the end, not a lease contract.

I am a finance manager who works at a new car dealer in CA. Also my first finance gig was at a Ford dealership so I know a little bit about it :)

Hopefully this puts your mind at ease :)

OP
OP
JellyBelly

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Ok well this is where I will chime in......

First, Ford options is a retail contract with a balloon payment at the end that becomes due. A lease is a lease contract is different. Until you complete your balloon payment at the end, Ford still has an interest in the car.

Second, Ford Credit's lease trust is FTD Leasing. The fact that the Lessor is Ford Motor Company shows that it is not a lease for one, and two that you are on a retail contract is a second giveaway.

Third, to collect the tax rebate you must provide a retail contract showing you bought the car, which you have. A lease would be on a RCL contract. You have what you need for the $7500 AND the CVRP rebate. You are on a retail contract with a balloon payment at the end, not a lease contract.

I am a finance manager who works at a new car dealer in CA. Also my first finance gig was at a Ford dealership so I know a little bit about it :)

Hopefully this puts your mind at ease :)
Thanks for the insight. It still bothers me it’s done this way as I have not seen it with my other mfr financed vehicles. It’s either the same way with all Financed cars in the state or it’s different by mfr. not sure.
Sponsored